Cleethorpes winter Gardens 1980's

Go to solution Solved by Peter99,

5 hours ago, Greedy Mick said:

I have looked at the photos in the gallery on soul source. But I was wondering if anyone has any more that have not been posted.. I have great memories of the 1980's niters there and would love to see any photos if you have any 

if you were looking at this gallery, Peter99 in No 019, said they were from around 82/83

• Thanks 1
Social source share

On 26/06/2022 at 18:58, Simon T said:

if you were looking at this gallery, Peter99 in No 019, said they were from around 82/83

Thanks mate,  these were the ones I had seen,  a lot of faces I recognise but can't put names to. A few of them looked like a few soulies I knew in mablethorpe, but it's a long while ago so I might be wrong. 

Social source share

3 minutes ago, Greedy Mick said:

Thanks mate,  these were the ones I had seen,  a lot of faces I recognise but can't put names to. A few of them looked like a few soulies I knew in mablethorpe, but it's a long while ago so I might be wrong. 

if you search through @Peter99 post you might get a few leads. I'm sure around that time he was living in or around Mablethorpe

Social source share

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I've only just seen this thread. It would be good to get it going again. 

Steve Croft ran the After Dark Niters - Rotherham Clifton Hall, with Alan Senior, then Cleethorpes. Both my old stomping ground, and I did indeed live in Mablethorpe at the time. Great times.

I'm already reunited with quite a few regular friends who are on here.

Peter

ps, I was just Peter back then. Then became Peter99. 😂

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Was chatting to Adrian Guite at the Samantha’s reunion very recently and told him about the project I have been working on for the last few years now for the 50th anniversary of the Talk of The North allnighters, With me being way younger than everyone I didn’t even realise who I was talking to and it came up in conversation when I mentioned I was from cleethorpes and then showed him a section of the project about the 80s scene.
Here are some of the bits which I’m going to include from After Dark promotion era of Cleethorpes…

IMG_8630.jpeg

IMG_8631.jpeg

IMG_8632.jpeg

IMG_8633.jpeg

I have a few things like this on my Instagram, more so from Talk of the North days if anybody wants to see more you can check it out here: www.instagram.com/nathanpickard

Edited by Clee93
Social source share

12 minutes ago, Clee93 said:

Was chatting to Adrian Guite at the Samantha’s reunion very recently and told him about the project I have been working on for the last few years now for the 50th anniversary of the Talk of The North allnighters, With me being way younger than everyone I didn’t even realise who I was talking to and it came up in conversation when I mentioned I was from cleethorpes and then showed him a section of the project about the 80s scene.
Here are some of the bits which I’m going to include from After Dark promotion era of Cleethorpes…

IMG_8630.jpeg

IMG_8631.jpeg

IMG_8632.jpeg

IMG_8633.jpeg

I have a few things like this on my Instagram, more so from Talk of the North days if anybody wants to see more you can check it out here: www.instagram.com/nathanpickard

Good job mate. The After Dark promotions were wonderful. Happy days for me and my crew. I'll have a look at your instagram link.

Peter

:hatsoff2:

Here's me - then, in the moment..................

image.png.9375860f154b6dafd1a256916f5d8cfa.png

Edited by Peter99
Social source share

On 09/09/2024 at 12:13, Peter99 said:

Steve Croft ran the After Dark Niters - Rotherham Clifton Hall, with Alan Senior, then Cleethorpes. Both my old stomping ground, and I did indeed live in Mablethorpe at the time. Great times.

Peter

This makes a lot of sense.  My parents had a caravan at saltfleet and I knew lots of soulies from Mablethorpe,  so that's why I remember you along with many others 😁

• Up vote 1
Social source share

• Solution
4 minutes ago, Greedy said:

This makes a lot of sense.  My parents had a caravan at saltfleet and I knew lots of soulies from Mablethorpe,  so that's why I remember you along with many others 😁

You're my mate Mick. I remember you, good lad then, great lad now.

Peter

:hatsoff2:

Social source share

On 09/09/2024 at 12:13, Peter99 said:

Peter

Social source share

Hi Peter

I remember the photo but don't remember names.  Who's the lad with towel round his neck and what is the name of the lad on left of the photo as  I spent a few nights at his house.. and what was the name of the lad who owned/ran a clothes shop on the main street?? 🤔 

No wonder I remember who you are.  I remember having photos taken with you all. Shame I'm not in the one posted 😕 

Screenshot_20240910_181633_Samsung Internet.jpg

Edited by Greedy
Social source share

6 minutes ago, Greedy said:

Hi Peter

I remember the photo but don't remember names.  Who's the lad with towel round his neck and what is the name of the lad on left of the photo as  I spent a few nights at his house.. and what was the name of the lad who owned/ran a clothes shop on the main street?? 🤔 

No wonder I remember who you are.  I remember having photos taken with you all. Shame I'm not in the one posted 😕 

Screenshot_20240910_181633_Samsung Internet.jpg

Terry with the towel round his neck, Ross on the left. It was Rob Mellors who ran the clothes shop - he was going out with Juliette the girl at the front for ages. Rob lives in Thailand now, Ross and Terry are still in Mablethorpe.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!