JMAuction - 15/06/2022 - Results!

5 hours ago, Woodbutcher said:

Can't believe my eyes , just seen something go on a JM auction for under a ton ... :lol:

Anything that sells for so little is patently not an auction item.

Tami Lynn was a bargain - easily a £400 pound record in my humble estimation, but the soundbite for a lesser track would hardly tempt a serious buyer unaware of the unissued tracks.

The top prices for the big sounds were a fair reflection of their worth at this current moment in time.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Gene Toones: I already paid 2/3 of yesterdays price 5/6 years ago. Mint copy but still of course a ridiculous price to pay and I only did it because it was a lifetime long want and in mint condition. So no blame to the buyer, if you want it, you want it. What amazes me though is the price for Cajun Hart.... 

• Up vote 1
Social source share

33 minutes ago, Chalky said:

If I didn’t hear Gene Toones for ten years it wouldn’t bother me.  A great record hammered to death. 

Think it was the first time I'd spun it in 5+ years. As I said, it was a request.

Hope you're well 

Julian 

Social source share

2 minutes ago, Julianb said:

Think it was the first time I'd spun it in 5+ years. As I said, it was a request.

Hope you're well 

Julian 

My comment wasn’t aimed your way mate or anyone in particular. It is just another of those records you hear too much IMO, records do need a rest especially when the pool is it seems for choice is diminishing 

All good here! Like wise I hope and your good Lady. 

2 hours ago, Marc Forrest said:

Gene Toones: I already paid 2/3 of yesterdays price 5/6 years ago. Mint copy but still of course a ridiculous price to pay and I only did it because it was a lifetime long want and in mint condition. So no blame to the buyer, if you want it, you want it. What amazes me though is the price for Cajun Hart.... 

The price for CH has been heading north for some time now, previously fetched four figures or very close. 

Social source share

7 hours ago, Dave Pinch said:

But not super rare tho it’s very in demand.. even I got one.. was some years ago tho

There are very few "super rare" records just loads of collections hoovering them up.

Still think it's a masterpiece tho.

Social source share

14 hours ago, Chalky said:

If I didn’t hear Gene Toones for ten years it wouldn’t bother me.  A great record hammered to death. 

I have known it for over 40 years but for someone who has recently got into Northern Soul, it's still quite fresh. 

I try and take a pragmatic view of the Northern Scene and take it for what it is!  Saying a record is hammered to death is a relative to the induvidual person, but certainly not true for everyone listening to it!

I agree that a DJ who plays a totally predictable spot of big sounds, but does not use some imagination and include some semi knowns is tiresome.  But others might be listening to the same spot and they hardly know any of the records, so they are all fresh sounds to them!

• Up vote 1
Social source share

1 hour ago, Solidsoul said:

I have known it for over 40 years but for someone who has recently got into Northern Soul, it's still quite fresh. 

I try and take a pragmatic view of the Northern Scene and take it for what it is!  Saying a record is hammered to death is a relative to the induvidual person, but certainly not true for everyone listening to it!

I agree that a DJ who plays a totally predictable spot of big sounds, but does not use some imagination and include some semi knowns is tiresome.  But others might be listening to the same spot and they hardly know any of the records, so they are all fresh sounds to them!

99.9% are not new to the scene though and the record is on so many Djs playlists.  Each to their own at the end of the day, I was expressing my opinion on a forum for discussion at the end of the day. 

Social source share

20 hours ago, Chalky said:

My comment wasn’t aimed your way mate or anyone in particular. It is just another of those records you hear too much IMO, records do need a rest especially when the pool is it seems for choice is diminishing 

All good here! Like wise I hope and your good Lady. 

The price for CH has been heading north for some time now, previously fetched four figures or very close. 

You dont hear it Karl you said you didn't go anywhere now lol

Social source share

1 hour ago, John-o said:

Absolutely right, got both but i waited ages for the 1932 to come along at a reasonable price. 

All sales bulls*it 😂 This is what he had to say 7 years back when selling the 1932 version.

"the much rarer 1st. Mix 4.32 long Different mix without sound effects. Different break from DM 1879 & DM 81853 releases. His version does not have the hi-pitched percussion sound."

Edited by John A
  • Up vote 2
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!