Artists Posters, Photo's And Stuff

These are fekkin' awesome!!

Funnily enough I was just about to add a new thread asking where I could get hold of some old black & white promotional photos of 60's soul acts to frame and hang in my music room.

Particularly looking for groups such as Hesitations, Volumes, Precisions, Vontastics etc.

Would also love to have full size glossy copies of the George Blackwell, Falcons, Four Sonics, Ruby Andrews and Masqueraders listed above.

I know Roger Banks used to sell some of these years ago. Does anyone sell them now?

I have a few multiples (originals) of Eddie Parker, Tip Watkin, Bill Cody. Trouble is don't know what price to put on them?

Social source share

• Replies 197
  • Views 11.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

They are indeed fab'....wish I had some, particularly the brilliant, fave pic of Edward Hamilton (cheers Millbrand)....good to see Lee Rogers too, love his work ( ta for that Mel) and the Rose Batiste ....but they are all great, especially the promo shots....thanks everyone thumbsup.gif

Edited by DelTee
Social source share

Guest WPaulVanDyk

if i get it scanned i can post a personal pic well might not be only one as others might have some but i say a personal pic of Jimmy James i got sent after i done him a cd of his music but might be something he gives all his fans

Social source share

These are fekkin' awesome!!

Funnily enough I was just about to add a new thread asking where I could get hold of some old black & white promotional photos of 60's soul acts to frame and hang in my music room.

Particularly looking for groups such as Hesitations, Volumes, Precisions, Vontastics etc.

Would also love to have full size glossy copies of the George Blackwell, Falcons, Four Sonics, Ruby Andrews and Masqueraders listed above.

I know Roger Banks used to sell some of these years ago. Does anyone sell them now?

Roger still sells them, but tends to only bring the folders out at weekenders.

Here's some beginning with A - B

Big Maybelle

post-1175-1171791567_thumb.jpg

Betty Lavette

post-1175-1171791529_thumb.jpg

Betty Lloyd

post-1175-1171791502_thumb.jpg

Barbara Lewis

post-1175-1171791453_thumb.jpg

Apollas

post-1175-1171791425_thumb.jpg

Andantes

post-1175-1171791403_thumb.jpg

Alvin Cash

post-1175-1171791388_thumb.jpg

Adlibs

post-1175-1171791365_thumb.jpg

Edited by Dave Rimmer
Social source share

Guest Heartandsoul

No Problem. I have a few bits that I will share.

Could you please explain how to get them from "My Pictures" folder on to the Soulsource site.

Cheers

Heartandsoul

Social source share

Isn't it great to see all these pictures, all these records we have loved for so long yet we never even knew what the artists looked like !

I reckon the music industry in general should ban all pictures of artists untill they have a hit record, that way we might get a bit more talent coming through rather than just something that fits in with the 'perfect looking only' ideology that rules the pop charts today.

Edited by Bogue
Social source share

No Problem. I have a few bits that I will share.

Could you please explain how to get them from "My Pictures" folder on to the Soulsource site.

Cheers

Heartandsoul

when making a post just hit the browse button that is underneath the text box

then in the window that opens browse to your my docs my pictures folder choos the image and once the window closes

hit upload and then post as normal

if not sure can use the test forum to try out

have to say top thread!

some great photos :thumbsup:

Social source share

I was given this photo of Barbara Randolph when i bought a record by her - I got a feeling, by the seller and he told me it was a genuine signature on it but he had no written proof, I have no reason to doubt him as it was a freebie and nothing in it for him, very nice man indeed. Aint she stunning

post-4635-1171812771_thumb.jpg

Social source share

Guest Heartandsoul

Cheers for that Dave

I have uploaded a few flyers from the good old days. I have some nice pics but it seems there are plenty to choose from already.

Heartandsoul

post-6333-1171814688_thumb.jpg

post-6333-1171814708_thumb.jpg

post-6333-1171814726_thumb.jpg

post-6333-1171814756_thumb.jpg

post-6333-1171814771_thumb.jpg

post-6333-1171814785_thumb.jpg

post-6333-1171814813_thumb.jpg

Edited by Heartandsoul
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now