Presenting Dynamic Bobby Bland

• Replies 15
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

I recently found this very odd 33rpm single, anyone seen this before? How rare is this?

I have the ep (5tracks)in my collection but never saw a single running on 33rpm of this. Much louder too, great record!

SINGLE

post-1531-1171546414_thumb.jpg

EP

post-1531-1171546424_thumb.jpg

EP COVER

post-1531-1171546434_thumb.jpg

Hi Thorsten,

I believe they were specially pressed for juke boxes (although I've never come across a juke box that plays at 33 and has a small hole centre). I've had a couple of them though so whilst it is unusual, I don't think they are particularly rare.

Social source share

Hi Thorsten,

I've got (I think) the full set of these 33rpm DUKE jobbys (about 7 or 8 from memory).

Half are Junior Parker, the other half Bobby Bland... including the superb and indemand 36 22 36!

They aren't Juke Box tracks (small centre and wrong speed) they're just an awesome collection of Duke tracks.

:rolleyes:

Sean Hampsey

Edited by Sean Hampsey
Social source share

Guest melandthensome

Ive got some very early bobby bland that are very nice......not scanned much of them but got almost a full set of his duke material.

Social source share

Guest dundeedavie

that is the format i play 36-22-36 off after buying it from joe dutton at midnite town , until then i was playing from the "here's the man" album

Social source share

Hi Thorsten,

I've got (I think) the full set of these 33rpm DUKE jobbys (about 7 or 8 from memory).

Half are Junior Parker, the other half Bobby Bland... including the superb and indemand 36 22 36!

They aren't Juke Box tracks (small centre and wrong speed) they're just an awesome collection of Duke tracks.

Sean Hampsey

Just like Ray & Dave you are "Wrong Wrong Wrong" :thumbsup::lol::lol:

And here's the evidence....

post-1281-1171561971_thumb.jpg

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Guest dundeedavie

Just like Ray & Dave you are "Wrong Wrong Wrong" :rolleyes::lol::thumbsup:

And here's the evidence....

btw joe , do you have the other ones of the set ...i'm after one of the other ones

Davie

Social source share

Guest dundeedavie

I have the full LP split over 5 discs.

No spares though Davie, but if you let me know which one you're after I'll keep my eyes open for you.

i think twistin up the road , but i'd have to play the album again first to confirm :rolleyes:

Social source share

Joking apart... I've got quite a few Columbia Solid Middle 7"s by Aretha Franklin (including I Can't Wait Until I See My Babys Face).... that play at 33... and I think (from memory) it actually states that they are Juke Box issues on the label.

I guess there must have been 33rpm 'small spindle' Juke Boxes around in the late 50's - early 60's, but as Dave Rimmer said earlier.. I've never seen one either.

Seems they're quite common then Thorsten!

Sean

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert