Shipping from the USA

1 hour ago, Dave Sulcas said:

Hi all

I've seen a record for sale in the USA but the don't/wont ship to the UK anyone know away round it apart from taking a plane.

Cheers

Dave

Have you tried asking the seller? I recently had an eBay seller that didn't ship to the UK - until I messaged and asked him. He answered that he could if I wanted and he'd sort out the mailing costs for me. Turned out to be one of the quickest deliveries from the USA that I've ever had.

- Kev

• Up vote 2
Social source share

27 minutes ago, Kevinkent said:

Have you tried asking the seller? I recently had an eBay seller that didn't ship to the UK - until I messaged and asked him. He answered that he could if I wanted and he'd sort out the mailing costs for me. Turned out to be one of the quickest deliveries from the USA that I've ever had.

- Kev

That's what I was about to say: Just ask!
I have so often seen interesting records on discogs or ebay that I have been looking for a long time.
Then there is always a short moment of shock when it says: "No, we do not deliver to Germany".
I always ask in such a moment - ALWAYS.
It could be that I would have to wait years again ...
To 94% - always the postage is adjusted and I get my record.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Hi All

This is the honest truth...i said it was one of my Mums favourite records and unfortunately she is very poorly and getting this record would really cheer her up and put a smile on her face etc. Not even am sorry to hear that just that's our policy from the beginning i even offered extra cash for the inconvenience of having to visit the post office. They then muttered something about the length of time it can take VAT etc, not to worry about that i said UPS have my number on speed dial and it would really make my mums day. Nah not sending it they said and its still there. I've just bought one on Discogs and its coming from you know where. So now i have a Chevrons-Love i Love You. Need a drink now....

Social source share

19 minutes ago, Stompingsevens said:

Brexit - the joys!

Popular misconception, but only partially right. According to my MP (when I complained that my records were costing me 20% more 🤬), is that the primary reason for VAT was that businesses were buying and selling on the major platforms and avoiding potential VAT payments. Apparently it was in planning before Brexit. 

• Up vote 3
Social source share

16 hours ago, Billy Jo Jim Bob said:

Popular misconception, but only partially right. According to my MP (when I complained that my records were costing me 20% more 🤬), is that the primary reason for VAT was that businesses were buying and selling on the major platforms and avoiding potential VAT payments. Apparently it was in planning before Brexit. 

Well you can always definitely 100% trust anything that an MP says so it must be true.

Social source share

ok can we all drop the 'current affairs' chat now

other sites do it better so best use them for such 👍

thanks

site note

later post commenting on moderation dropped and member given an advisory warning as per forum guidelines - clip below

Moderation Comments

Please do not discuss moderation on the topic as it can disrupt the discussion flow. Use the Site Support forum.

• Up vote 3
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!