JMAuction - 23/03/2022 - Results!

1 hour ago, Chalky said:

It is the second in not many more months.  Is it the same one, are there any more?

No, these two copies were different. John’s went up first. Then the second one popped up giving bidders the option of dodging the inevitable premium price John’s would go for. Tonight’s price for Chuck just proves some people have plenty of money and are prepared to spend it on rare records.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

8 hours ago, Frankie Crocker said:

No, these two copies were different. John’s went up first. Then the second one popped up giving bidders the option of dodging the inevitable premium price John’s would go for. Tonight’s price for Chuck just proves some people have plenty of money and are prepared to spend it on rare records.

It’s the second on JM auction. John auctioned one for over £5k

• Up vote 2
Social source share

On 23/03/2022 at 19:44, Rick Cooper said:

This is a page from Blues and Soul magazine that reviewed Chuck Cockerham (last three lines on right hand side) I put this on last time John sold a copy (not that long ago) but seeing as he has used the same sales blurb as last time I might as well put this on again. The review was probably done by Trevor Churchill who I think was working at EMI and handling the Amy/Mala/ Bell catalogue. They had launched UK Bell instead of using Stateside for the Bell labels so wanted to raise the profile for the new records. There was no chance that your local record shop could get the US Bell discs, maybe Soul City might have had them. I wonder if EMI would get a copy of every US record they had a deal with.

The review seems about right as the record was unlike anything at the time. I think I probably bought some of the re-issues listed on the left side.

1515927300_chuckc.thumb.jpg.e9d18d8c6154094d77b825e806eb15ab.jpg

The Blues And Soul mag is great...what issue was it and i wonder where that copy went?

Social source share

11 hours ago, Stanley said:

timmie williams also same major label ,but hasn,t turned up either .at one time only a handful were thought to exist . bernie williams also on major label that has remained rare ....fine by me thank god i have them...

but time means nothing.. america is a big place. every chance of anything major label or otherwise turning up

Social source share

11 hours ago, Blackpoolsoul said:

Can't wait for a conversation about The Ethics on his next auction, what a blast that will be

What's happened to the Ethics - Vent 1009 auction?

Just had a look to see if John has posted a label scan but the auction has totally disappeared.

Social source share

1 hour ago, davidwapples said:

There is a discussion on facebook rare soul group about it maybe not being a legit release due to different type fonts so maybe due to that

Perhaps it was supposed to be post a week today?

The sound file was pristine, almost as if it was taken off a CD (tracks 15 & 13)

Edited by Simon T
Social source share

5 hours ago, davidwapples said:

There is a discussion on facebook rare soul group about it maybe not being a legit release due to different type fonts so maybe due to that

its certainly a fake, I think the discussion/evidence given on Facebook almost certainly irrefutable

Social source share

21 hours ago, Wiggyflat said:

The Blues And Soul mag is great...what issue was it and i wonder where that copy went?

Thanks to Simon T for finding my post from 2015 that I had completely forgotten about  so I didn't need to search around the loft to find the March 69 B&S to answer your question.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!