Jessie James,Arcades,Curtis Mayfield.

I have a feeling Curtis never heard of either 45. Triad was based in El Cerrito, California and besides KSOL (San Francisco) playing "The Soul P.W.', I can't find it getting airplay anywhere and it didn't get  reviewed in any of the trade papers. The Jessie James 45 was a flop- no mention in the trades and no signs of airplay.  

On the other hand, it's possible he knew of both and had them pulled off the market. 

Edited by The Yank
  • Up vote 2
Social source share

50 minutes ago, The Yank said:

I have a feeling Curtis never heard of either 45. Triad was based in El Cerrito, California and besides KSOL (San Francisco) playing "The Soul P.W.', I can't find it getting airplay anywhere and it didn't get  reviewed in any of the trade papers. The Jessie James 45 was a flop- no mention in the trades and no signs of airplay.  

On the other hand, it's possible he knew of both and had them pulled off the market. 

Thanks for the reply,i also see similarities between The Devotions Do do de dop and Curtis's Little young lover. 

Social source share

39 minutes ago, Graham Anthony said:

Don't forget that Curtis Mayfield did it himself with "You've been cheatin" and had to give Motown some of the publishing. Happened all the time and is still happening with the current Ed Sheeran court case.

I never knew that Graham,good to hear from you,hope you are well. Chris.

Social source share

5 hours ago, Graham Anthony said:

Don't forget that Curtis Mayfield did it himself with "You've been cheatin" and had to give Motown some of the publishing. Happened all the time and is still happening with the current Ed Sheeran court case.

I bet you're thinking of "Can't Satisfy" which is basically  The Isley Brothers' "This Old Heart Of Mine" slowed down- 

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!