ROSE WOODS - I TRUST YOU - O.D.RECORDS - Value ?

Swifty

Hi all , have a copy of 

ROSE WOODS - I TRUST YOU / W.PALL - I TRUST YOU - O.D. RECORDS DJ PROMO

Now I believe this is maybe a dodgy 45 of Rosalind Woods (from an LP) and Billy Paul (lol) 45

I've had this a while now but want to sell but have no idea how much to ask as prices seem high ?

any ideas folks ?

cheers

Swifty 👍

Social source share

On 27/02/2022 at 14:49, Swifty said:

Hi all , have a copy of 

ROSE WOODS - I TRUST YOU / W.PALL - I TRUST YOU - O.D. RECORDS DJ PROMO

Now I believe this is maybe a dodgy 45 of Rosalind Woods (from an LP) and Billy Paul (lol) 45

I've had this a while now but want to sell but have no idea how much to ask as prices seem high ?

any ideas folks ?

cheers

Swifty 👍

Ay up @Swifty

This record is an obscure piece ,been growing in price in the last couple of years i picked 1 up for £4 years ago we have a FB group & @John Gallagher posted it in our group no mention on artist & label it was a kind of C/U lol

He paid around £40 for his copy 

People where asking to sell his copy but its a keeper for him & me also

3 copies sold on discogs around £180 

Atb Kev :hatsoff2:

Edited by Kev John
miss information posted
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

In the days of originals only why would this be rising in price when it's legitimacy is in question?  Well there is no question really, it's a boot.  I don't understand the need to boot them either, not like you can't get the originals, both cheap.

Social source share

7 minutes ago, Chalky said:

In the days of originals only why would this be rising in price when it's legitimacy is in question?  Well there is no question really, it's a boot.  I don't understand the need to boot them either, not like you can't get the originals, both cheap.

Wots the original label 7" Carl ?

only known about LP in the last couple of years

• Up vote 1
Social source share

4 minutes ago, Chalky said:

LP for Rosalind.  Billy Paul's on a 45 if its same one for next to nowt

Carl i uderstand  about Billy Paul but people are after Rose Woods Version on O.D 45  & thats the point that i'm making 

Obscure,Indemand  45 & the only way to own on 7" 

• Up vote 1
Social source share

3 minutes ago, Kev John said:

Carl i uderstand  about Billy Paul but people are after Rose Woods Version on O.D 45  & thats the point that i'm making 

Obscure,Indemand  45 & the only way to own on 7" 

But its a boot, that is the point.  People are supposed to be playing originals, play the LP

Social source share

6 minutes ago, Chalky said:

But its a boot, that is the point.  People are supposed to be playing originals, play the LP

Is it confirmed as a boot thought the jury was out on this ?

But as i can see this  will go off topic !

Edited by Kev John
Social source share

10 minutes ago, Benji said:

I'd think it's the way round. What makes you think this is not a boot? Everything about this 45 screams "pressing". And not make matters worth both sides aren't that good either.

Hi Benji

just done a bit of delving into the record plant 

https://www.discogs.com/label/485692-Ville-Platte-Record-Mfg-Co?page=1&genre=Funk+%2F+Soul&limit=500

its a bonified pressing plant  & the record is listed on their 

Social source share

15 minutes ago, Kev John said:

Hi Benji

just done a bit of delving into the record plant 

https://www.discogs.com/label/485692-Ville-Platte-Record-Mfg-Co?page=1&genre=Funk+%2F+Soul&limit=500

its a bonified pressing plant  & the record is listed on their 

all boots are pressed at bonified plants, Soussan was pressing his at monarch, there is no such thing as a bootleg plant.  It is still a bootleg, will always be a bootleg.  I just don't get why you try to justify the owning or playing of it?

As for the original question, it s a bootleg, worthless IMO. £10/£20.  £180 is stupid.

Social source share

3 minutes ago, Chalky said:

all boots are pressed at bonified plants, Soussan was pressing his at monarch, there is no such thing as a bootleg plant.  It is still a bootleg, will always be a bootleg.  I just don't get why you try to justify the owning or playing of it?

As for the original question, it s a bootleg, worthless IMO. £10/£20.  £180 is stupid.

This is your opinion Carl the big question as you say is it stupid for someone to pay £180 but its been paid by collectors  & Lp's still sitting on discogs un sold wot does that say 

Social source share

4 minutes ago, Kev John said:

This is your opinion Carl the big question as you say is it stupid for someone to pay £180 but its been paid by collectors  & Lp's still sitting on discogs un sold wot does that say 

It says there's one born every minute.

It's a boot. 

I used to deal with a couple of dj's on beach scene and they often booted UK 45s I'd sent them because they got popular and weren't readily available. 

As to value you do have a point if it has gone for that kinda money.

If I were Swifty I guess I'd shove it on Discogs as it sold on there previously. Say £150 [bargain !] with the option to make an offer.

55 minutes ago, Benji said:

And not make matters worth both sides aren't that good either.

I see you've mastered the art of British polite understatement.

• Up vote 2
  • Thanks 1
Social source share

50 minutes ago, Kev John said:

A fool and his money is easily parted

Social source share

I appreciate that it's probably dodgy (as I put in my original post) , the reason I asked about price 

was when I searched tinternet the prices I saw were high, at the end of the day don't want to sell

something for say £20 when I could possibly get £100 or more 👍

thanks for all your input chaps

Swifty👍

• Thanks 1
Social source share

3 hours ago, Kev John said:

It does say "ignorance is a bliss" 🤣

I seriously doubt anyone would have paid that amount of money had they known it's most likely a pressing.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

On 01/03/2022 at 11:20, Kev John said:

Let's hope Kenny Gamble looks in his inbox or spam, It will be lovely to get his opinion

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!