Aristocrats

Kenb

The JM auction of Detroit Soul made me go back over some Connecticut stuff i have, and i 'discoged' Aristocrats.

I'm reasonable confident Aristocrats -'Let's Get Together Now' are not the Aristocrats as those described on Discogs. I know of an Aristocrats from Wallingford, Connecticut managed by Ed Read but doubt very much they are the 'LGTN' Aristocrats. ( happy to be proved wrong though).

So any ideas on who they are?

Edited by Kenb
spelling
  • Thanks 1
Social source share

There is also the group on Rondo a Louisville Kentuky set up. 'Be my lady is a great piece of sweet harmony imo and feel lucky to own. They also cut a driving funk track 'Dont go'. I doubt this group are connected either.It would appear there are several projects on major labels that had one off or limited output  deals especially with New york and philly producers and writers, this is another example. Probably looking to do or put out another track only if that sold well enough. Brother's Guiding Light would also appear to be just that. Sorry not to be able to shed more light.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

10 hours ago, Still Diggin said:

There is also the group on Rondo a Louisville Kentuky set up. 'Be my lady is a great piece of sweet harmony imo and feel lucky to own. They also cut a driving funk track 'Dont go'. I doubt this group are connected either.It would appear there are several projects on major labels that had one off or limited output  deals especially with New york and philly producers and writers, this is another example. Probably looking to do or put out another track only if that sold well enough. Brother's Guiding Light would also appear to be just that. Sorry not to be able to shed more light.

Yep Andy, the Rondo 45 is awesome IMHO, a long time want, I think you and Chris are probably keeping the only 2 in the UK down there in East Anglia 😉 

Kev 

Social source share

16 hours ago, Still Diggin said:

It’s a nice thing that Rondo track. Lucky You! 

Social source share

I had the Aristocrats on Rondo years ago as I picked up a few things on the label from the same dealer, mainly for Roosevelt & 7C's at the time. If I remember I only had one copy of that, but several of the R &7C's. There was another 45 as well possibly the Chattanooga Coachmen....but my memory disappears in the mists of time.

There were many groups called the Aristocrats who recorded for many different labels in the 60's / 70's. The BMI site gives you Bobby Eli (the writer) and 'Let's get together now' but no artists recorded against it. However, a comment on YT says that the second vocalist is called Billy Hunt. Did a quick whizz round and the closest thing I could find was Billy Hunt & Family Attraction which had a track called 'look to the righteous' on a recently released 70's disco comp. 

Not much use, but maybe a little further on.

Andy

• Up vote 2
  • Thanks 1
Social source share

8 hours ago, Kev Cane said:

Yep Andy, the Rondo 45 is awesome IMHO, a long time want, I think you and Chris are probably keeping the only 2 in the UK down there in East Anglia 😉 

Kev 

Funny Kev i actually prefer the cover of the Dramatics record on the flip of the Rondo 45 now. 

Its not the side i bought it for. 

Edited by Ncfc
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

5 hours ago, Billy Jo Jim Bob said:

I had the Aristocrats on Rondo years ago as I picked up a few things on the label from the same dealer, mainly for Roosevelt & 7C's at the time. If I remember I only had one copy of that, but several of the R &7C's. There was another 45 as well possibly the Chattanooga Coachmen....but my memory disappears in the mists of time.

There were many groups called the Aristocrats who recorded for many different labels in the 60's / 70's. The BMI site gives you Bobby Eli (the writer) and 'Let's get together now' but no artists recorded against it. However, a comment on YT says that the second vocalist is called Billy Hunt. Did a quick whizz round and the closest thing I could find was Billy Hunt & Family Attraction which had a track called 'look to the righteous' on a recently released 70's disco comp. 

Not much use, but maybe a little further on.

Andy

Hey, just a thought, the guy who opens on 'Let's get together' imo sounds a touch like William Hunt on Streamside, another east coast outing, Billy Hunt - William Hunt you can see where i'm going.

Social source share

On 16/02/2022 at 21:27, Douglaschip said:

Great tune - remember the strange boot with Brother's Guiding Light - Getting together on the other side.  On la Coupe records.

Adam

Those were from New York I believe, done for the underground disco scene there, judging by the other releases on la Coupe.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!