Lost box of records (hope this is the right forum)

Hello everyone.

I am sorry to trouble you all with this, but I really hope someone can help. Would you mind please keeping an eye out for a box of records that I left in a taxi on Sunday evening in Sheffield? I am currently waiting to see if anyone hands them in to the police, but if you are offered a blue and silver box of about 80 rare soul 7” 45s, they could well be mine.

Included are titles such as Willie Pickett – On The Stage Of Life and The Hytones – Bigger And Better.

These are part of a collection I have been putting together for about 50 years and I am desperate to get them back. If you want more details I can supply them.

Many thanks for any help you can give. It would be very much appreciated. Message me please on 07708 976067.

Cheers

John Moffatt

Social source share

10 minutes ago, John Moffatt said:

Too right Paul. Random flag-down when the bloody bus didn't show up. 

John, give Sheffield Council a ring and ask for a list of cab companies and then email them all in one go. They will have have had to book the pick up so time will help and where from and to

Edited by Blackpoolsoul
  • Up vote 2
Social source share

15 hours ago, John Moffatt said:

Hello everyone.

I am sorry to trouble you all with this, but I really hope someone can help. Would you mind please keeping an eye out for a box of records that I left in a taxi on Sunday evening in Sheffield? I am currently waiting to see if anyone hands them in to the police, but if you are offered a blue and silver box of about 80 rare soul 7” 45s, they could well be mine.

Included are titles such as Willie Pickett – On The Stage Of Life and The Hytones – Bigger And Better.

These are part of a collection I have been putting together for about 50 years and I am desperate to get them back. If you want more details I can supply them.

Many thanks for any help you can give. It would be very much appreciated. Message me please on 07708 976067.

Cheers

John Moffatt

Thats sad, hope you get them returned 🤞

Social source share

16 hours ago, John Moffatt said:

Thanks mate, I'll contact them.

I looked at Discogs this morning and had another idea.

If you are a member or join, then you can add the records that are missing to a "wants" list and see if a seller lists them for sale, assuming they don't return.

You can do a similar thing on Evilbay I would guess

Edited by Blackpoolsoul
  • Up vote 2
Social source share

1 hour ago, Rick Scott said:

Great News For John and have to say doubt that he will receive a Christmas Presant to Top That,

Wonder whether he slept with them the day he was re-united with them ? 🤣

Fantastic news indeed, is this way we stayed in before the covid thing as age makes you forget things Rick

On 13/12/2021 at 12:47, John Moffatt said:

Hello everyone.

Cheers

John Moffatt

John so pleased you have them back

I wanted to wait until you got them back so I could tell you the (Bob Monkhouse) joke about when he was drunk and left his wife in a taxi but they bought her back !!!!!

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!