Differences On Mon'ca

soulpeter

it went for $1129. is this the going rate or was it an exception because of two bidders who were able to pay that much?

it's UKP250 (~$500) in the price guide i have, i know that doesn't mean too much...

so how many are out there and how much would you pay for it?

thanks for any help

oh... and yeah looking for a copy, so if anyone...

Social source share

• Replies 12
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest the dukester

it went for $1129. is this the going rate or was it an exception because of two bidders who were able to pay that much?

it's UKP250 (~$500) in the price guide i have, i know that doesn't mean too much...

thanks for any help

I bid what I thought was a certain got it!! price on John Manship auction abit ago and missed out by £50 its one of my all time wants so I would pay over the odds for it.......

NO WORRIES :thumbsup: .. no shpeel about driving the price of records up its my cash :P

Social source share

thanks for any help

I`d say it`s a solid £400/500 45,i guess there will be a lot less of these turning up on Ebay than the "New World" 45 :P

JM books it at £500,perfect Xover :thumbsup:

Dave f...............

Social source share

I`d say it`s a solid £400/500 45,i guess there will be a lot less of these turning up on Ebay than the "New World" 45 :lol:

JM books it at £500,perfect Xover :thumbsup:

Dave f...............

I've seen it for £800 before now. The one on Ebay was quite a bit less than perfect as well. Definately one of the best crossover tunes.

Jordi

Social source share

Been a rare one for years.

Very indemand.

Just pulled my old copy out.

Has a few crackles at the intro and here and there elsewhere, otherwise I think I'd get away with playing it out.

If you're at Soul Essence and happen to here what sounds like a pan of Bacon & Egg frying over Clifton Dyson's vocals... it'll be me behind the decks!

:thumbsup:

Sean

Social source share

Been a rare one for years.

Very indemand.

Just pulled my old copy out.

Has a few crackles at the intro and here and there elsewhere, otherwise I think I'd get away with playing it out.

If you're at Soul Essence and happen to here what sounds like a pan of Bacon & Egg frying over Clifton Dyson's vocals... it'll be me behind the decks!

:D

Sean

Is it like that copy of New York City (Im doing fine now) you played at Pitches all those years ago :thumbsup::lol: ?

Best

Blake

Social source share

another soul bowl favourite.......i wouldnt say its super rare...just hot box status....i believe all the copies were pressed on notvery good quality vinyl and the recording hence leaves a lot to be desired....BUT.....AN AWESOME CROSSOVER RECORD........ :thumbsup:glad its here in the box...worn and truely loved

Edited by souljazera
Social source share

I bid $500 on it because that's all I thought it was worth considering the condition.

Can't for the life of me see how a VG copy is worth £1,129 !

:)

though according to the seller i think it's still a nice copy. ...some very very light static may be heard during softer passages has loud and strong fidelity... i bid what i thought would make it mine in any case, but would have sent it back if it wasn't a nice copy.

Social source share

Sean

Is it like that copy of New York City (Im doing fine now) you played at Pitches all those years ago :):) ?

Best

Blake

................................................................................

Bloody good memory you've got Blake.

No, its nowhere near as bad as my well worn NYC... which in itself was only half as bad as Tats' "Love I Lost".

You'll see (hear) for yourself down at Yarmuff.

Had it for well over 10 years and never thought it was even remotely playable (DJ wise) until earlier tonight.

Came out of Baltimore, as I guess they all did.

A good dollar's worth I reckon... crackles an' all!

Cheers

:yes:

Sean

Social source share

I met Clifton Dyson at Terry Jones's weekly bash in the Norfolk Village pub in Shorditch, London years ago along with Rick Webb ('Sitting on your doorstep') & Al Mason ('Good Lovin' on Fynal Vynal etc.). I got Clifton & Al to sign my records. Clifton didn't even know the Differences record and certainly wasn't aware it had been released!!!! (I wonder were the royalties went then?).

I've still got the flyer from the night some where which I also got all three to sign.

I've still got the records (Thanks to Phil Haynes for the Differences @ £25 in 1989!!!! and Al Mason on FV for a £5er).

Those were the days!!!

(PS I wish I could find The Differences for £250!!!! It's got to be £800+ for a good one)

Paul Capon

Edited by souler
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert