Dean Barlow...third Window From The Right?

Hi

Can anybody shed some light on the Dean Barlow promo copies coming on to E-Bay resently. I bid on a so called second issue promo which had been made for the Jamaican market and was out bid. The seller claimed that he had only one extra copy but has since offered me a copy and has sold another as a buy it now item. Today i find he has put yet anther copy for sale....it seems fishy to me?

Collectors are paying big sums for these so called second issues are they lagit?

Any info would help.

Confused Mitch.

Social source share

• Replies 32
  • Views 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Mace just close the door you've got company thumbsup.gif

Leon

:thumbsup:

Still laughing at that...

Anybody on AOL should be aware ol the voice booming out 'You've got company' when some-one on your buddy list logs onto AOL.

When it happened to Leon he though some f*cker had tapped into his p.c. so he shut it down and unplugged it from the mains... :thumbsup:

Near p*ssed me pants when he told me Tuesday night....... :lol:

Social source share

Think there are a few different 45s of this nature from same source.

Holly Maxwell, Chuck Wright included - usually white promos.

Trouble is, on a scan, they look to be okay, but any mention of 'second pressing' or RE or RI in description, plus a quick search on sellers history to see if he/she has sold any in last month should usually ring a few alarm bells.

Social source share

Thanks for the info guys...... Has anybody seen a real promo? If so is it the same as the bootleg and how can you the difference.

Mines a genuine demo and from the scans on ebay it looks like the lables on the boot are a direct copy. Obviously you can't tell the run out info from the photo and I haven't dug mine out for a look. Mind you the seller is up front about them being reissues although he obviously means boots. :rolleyes:

Social source share

do you think Dean Barlow backed with Larry Trider could be used as a "torture" disc for interrogations in our police state ......Andrew?

:rolleyes: well said!

Two of the worst records to have been inflicted on the Soul & mod scenes in recent years.... no - make that ever!

Social source share

:P well said!

Two of the worst records to have been inflicted on the Soul & mod scenes in recent years.... no - make that ever!

Who started spinning these two erm bits of plastic (can hardly call them records can we?) they want tieing up and dumped in the rive with some concerete boots on :thumbsup:

Social source share

Ho hum..the old Dean Barlow/Larry Trider thread...almost as refreshing as CD vs Vinyl etc........... :thumbsup::P

Both tunes pack dancefloors at soul nights up and down the country....some of you don't like them...so what's new about this topic?

Get over it and move on... :lol:

Social source share

anyone who has danced to Dean Barlow or Larry Trider (apart from Andrew) put their hands up (i can arrange counselling) :P

Ha, rather see a show of hands for anybody on here who has seen me dance to 'owt (not a pretty sight!) :lol:

Anyway, enough of hijacking this thread with the whining chorus of how much you lot hate these 2 tunes......it ain't gonna change the fact that they pack floors... :thumbsup:

Social source share

I'm surprised either got played at soul do's and I'm not keen on Dean Barlow even as a pop record, though it's better than most, but Larry Trider is a good pop record with a groove, i've never been aware that the mod scene was adverse to such records.

Edited by mik parry
Social source share

I'm surprised either got played at soul do's and I'm not keen on Dean Barlow even as a pop record, though it's better than most, but Larry Trider is a good pop record with a groove, i've never been aware that the mod scene was adverse to such records.

The mod scene isn't adverse to good pop records Mik - but personally i can't STAND that record. It's those horrible twee strings... "do dododo do do". ARRRRRGHHH! f*** - OFF Trider! :thumbsup:

Social source share

Who started spinning these two erm bits of plastic (can hardly call them records can we?) they want tieing up and dumped in the rive with some concerete boots on :(

I played the "moustrap aniversary 45" at normington years and years ago,rammed the dancefloor :yes: concrete boots oh no i`m orf :wicked:

Social source share

Guest Andy BB

The mod scene isn't adverse to good pop records Mik - but personally i can't STAND that record. It's those horrible twee strings... "do dododo do do". ARRRRRGHHH! f*** - OFF Trider! :thumbsup:

Now look what you've done - made me and Rowly agree again.

Larry Trider is bloody awful (Barlow isn't nearly as bad imo)

As for them packing dancefloors - surely not nowadays? I haven't heard them anywhere for years.

Social source share

Another Canadian seller has just started listing Dean Barlow and the Paul Smith. One based in Whitby, the other in Scarborough which are about 20 mins apart?

20 mins from Whitby to Scarborough. ohmy.gif Feck me what are you driving? :ohmy:

Takes us about 45 on a good day. Mind you I'm not Canadian - are they more streamlined?

Godz

Social source share

Have heard Larry Trider played at the 100 Club within the last couple (maybe 3) years. I danced to it. wink.gif Don't think Dean Barlow is a bad as everyone makes out, though neither that soulful, so some of the comments understandable I guess.

Social source share

Now look what you've done - made me and Rowly agree again.

Larry Trider is bloody awful (Barlow isn't nearly as bad imo)

Aye well.... even YOU can't be wrong about everything all the time mate... you gotta get it right sometimes. Law of averages, innit!?! :thumbsup:laugh.gif

Edited by Rowly
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert