Bobbie Smith - Walk Right In To My Heart- American Heart

Dufus

4 hours ago, Dufus said:

Thanks for the offer. This looks like a re-issue, is it? I was after an original.

That's actually a real one. The boot is vinyl. This is a styrene one. With the first white label (promo ?) run without lines like the later ones. Playing surface on this one looks very clean on top.

Social source share

5 minutes ago, Tlscapital said:

That's actually a real one. The boot is vinyl. This is a styrene one. With the first white label (promo ?) run without lines like the later ones. Playing surface on this one looks very clean on top.

Thanks so much..bow to your knowledge. Thought it looked too good to be original. How can you tell it's a styrene?

Social source share

11 hours ago, Dufus said:

Thanks so much..bow to your knowledge. Thought it looked too good to be original. How can you tell it's a styrene?

First because I know my records (buying, swapping and selling) for long enough. On some labels with both variants pressings sometimes prefering the styrene, other times the vinyl mastering job in playback rendition.

Tricks for the noob if you have the eye ; mat stuck on label for styrene. Vinyl records can have gloss label (or not) but they're always molded-in label.

Then more faintly the thiner narrow styrene groove without much visual difference in groove modulation. Finally had the bootleg and it's not looking that good.

The vinyl boot is dull. My copy is the same as this one. I know it by heart. Found memory of my crate digging finds that day in the back of a record store.

Edited by Tlscapital
  • Up vote 1
  • Thanks 1
Social source share

First white label (promo or not ?) with the black label (issue !) & instant re-press promo & stock to supply the demand and expected extra promotion with the then 'new' lined label.

The promo also came out with red imprint FWIW. As for value none is much more rarer than any other. Pay more if you think else wise. Not me. Hard to come by very clean though IMHE.

Hence the inclusion of the 'Embee production' on the later lined presses. The first Volumes 45 has it as well the second not. The second issues have Harry Balk credited as producer not the promos...

504071332_Capturedecran2021-11-18a19_10_50.thumb.png.c2dbc89230dc6cb15cc2fd693f3b3d7d.png

Edited by Tlscapital
  • Up vote 1
  • Thanks 1
Social source share