Alternative To Ebay

Guest Dr Bob Jones

• Replies 3
  • Views 875
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

As an alternative to Ebay, I wonder wether anybody here has tried Tazbar?

https://www.tazbar.com/

Any experiences with this alternative selling site?

Regards

Dr Bob J. :thumbsup:

I've heard about it (mainly positive comments) but haven't yet tried it. It lacks the one thing that eBay has......BUYERS.

Social source share

The other day I googled a 45 which has been a long-standing want of mine: Bobby Thomas's "The Road Is Rough" on Boblo and came across a completed listing for it on the Yahoo Auction site: where it sold in November for a whopping 49 cents. It reminded me of the early days of Ebay before collectors had cottoned on to the fact that this might be an interesting resource. Those days of previously unimagined bargains on Ebay itself are a thing of the distant past and the whole enterprise has prospered as an edifice built on its users greed, vanity, impulsiveness and insecurity: essentially all the weakest parts of the human spirit.

I'm sure as time goes on Ebay and Paypal will be increasingly subject to competition from other auction sites, maybe even sites where commission is a thing of the past and the sites revenues can be driven by online advertising. A challenge to their virtual monopoly will only be a healthy thing. This won't happen overnight: if Ebay were a country its GDP would make it the thirteenth largest economy in the world. Perhaps the first step is to simply boycott Ebay and as others have said on this and other threads return to the traditional forms of buying records from lists and events or 'privately' from other collectors.

Social source share

I remember the days of regular bargains on ebay, sadly long gone. You used to know most of the Northern collectors because the numbers were a fraction of today - gentlemens agreements about bidding or not on records amongst collectors was par for the course :thumbsup: . Competition with other auction sites can only be a good thing, particularly as ebay are going to start charging a flat rate of nine percent sellers fee on final values for all vinyl sales from March first. It soon adds up when you take paypal on sales because they charge another 3.5 percent or so on top.

Ho hum :rolleyes:

Mike

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert