Promoters & punters - Current events?

Mike

As coming up to November with its short days and longer nites, thought could be an ideal time for an 'event' sounding out post?

As in wondering if any of our members/promoters would like to pass on what's the current score out there with events they attend /promote number and vibe wise?

Back to pre-lockdown levels, busier than that, bit low, flatlining, up and down  etc etc

Sure the takes will be of interest 👍

Edited by Mike
updated
  • Up vote 2
Social source share

It's been slow coming out of lock down but that's to be expected - in-ordinate amount of people still spooked by the whole thing. Numbers at about the same level as before  but less interaction on the floor and at the bar. 

We've got a 50+ yrs anniversary re-union this Friday based on all the old clubs / coffee bars and venues from 66 to 74 in Leicester / Loughborough / Coalville - We were thinking of advertising  but before we even made a decision all 225 tickets were sold - Actually had 2 returned due to illness so there are 2 spares going for what will be a packer and a surefire great night - Local charities to be supported by the gig - top line up of dj's - over 300 yrs between us on the decks - Kev Hall / Steve Frost / Bill Poole / Neil Halford / Jimmy Coulson and Dave Albon -  North West Leicestershire's finest.  Covid has put this gig on the back burner for heading for 2 yrs but the pent up demand is obviously there.

Anyone on this site that's missed out and wants these last 2 tickets - £10 each -Link Hotel Loughborough Friday 29th Oct. 7.30 PM onwards - give me PM on here

• Up vote 2
  • Thanks 1
Social source share

5 hours ago, Source said:

As coming up to November with its short days and longer nites, thought could be an ideal time for an 'event' sounding out post?

As in wondering if any of our members/promoters would like to pass on what's the current score out there with events they attend /promote number and vibe wise?

Back to pre-lockdown levels, busier than that, bit low, flatlining, up and down  etc etc

Sure the takes will be of interest 👍

The levels & interest is on the up. Went Northern Line Saturday, packed out. Went Cleethorpes the weekend before packed out. The Saturday before that went the Winnington Rec again packed out. Numbers rising as people want & need to get out after being locked up for so long. Just what I've seen this last month.

• Up vote 2
Social source share

16 minutes ago, Chalky said:

Will the rise in infections have an impact short term again? Seems quite a few got covid at Cleethorpes?  If the past is anything to go by people will be going out under the weather with no consideration of the consequences for others. 

Karl. Two sides to this one mate 

Got no symptoms and go out spreading covid what do you do if you didn't know you had it  ? 

Going out with symptoms because you have bought tickets for the weekender or any event ticket or no ticket venue . That's a different one.  Just plain selfish bastards but they will never admit to it. Whoever they are

• Up vote 3
Social source share

2 minutes ago, Winsford Soul said:

Karl. Two sides to this one mate 

Got no symptoms and go out spreading covid what do you do if you didn't know you had it  ? 

Going out with symptoms because you have bought tickets for the weekender or any event ticket or no ticket venue . That's a different one.  Just plain selfish bastards but they will never admit to it. Whoever they are

You can get free test kits from the NHS.  I'll be taking a test before I go out.  Go online and order, they are delivered within a couple of days.

https://www.gov.uk/order-coronavirus-rapid-lateral-flow-tests

• Up vote 2
Social source share

7 minutes ago, Chalky said:

I've not been out yet, was going to go local at the weekend but I had a long week and was worn out.

I am booked to go to Dab of Soul Weekender which I am looking forward to.  And at the end of November the Spirit Of The Orwell @ Haydock with special guest Butch.

You would have loved the Oaklands Hotel mate with the Horse and Groom crew. Chris and Dave ( Dab of Soul)  where there . 

• Up vote 1
Social source share

40 minutes ago, Winsford Soul said:

You would have loved the Oaklands Hotel mate with the Horse and Groom crew. Chris and Dave ( Dab of Soul)  where there . 

Its full on at work mate (76 hours last week), I have no enthusiasm to travel unfortunately 😕 

Edited by Chalky
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!