• Replies 15
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Thanks.

Chris (Mr Monique) says he was given a sales tape of obsurities with no track listings from Mark Dobson and he recognized it as being the Gary Spencer cover-up and bought it. When he picked it up he'd said he'd never heard of the label before and Mark[who should know a thing or two about records!!] said it was the first record he had seen on Michelle. So Chris is hoping to find out anything about the label.

Edited by Monique
Social source share

Guest Trevski

I had one got rid of it for £300. Seen a few recently, at around the £200 mark. Difficult record to play out, really. One you either love or hate.

Social source share

I happened to find a stack of this 45 and have sold 7 copies on eBay but I'm all out of them now. I still have the original Bell Sound acetate (which is up for grabs if anyone needs it, it's in bad condition though). Here are the seven auction results:

2004-12-06: $181 (EX)

2005-02-10: $210 (VG+)

2005-04-20: $715 (VG-)

2005-06-01: $305 (EX)

2005-07-27: $96 (VG)

2005-11-08: $31 (VG-)

2006-06-06: $51 (G+)

Got a bunch of other 45s on Michelle in that same "find" but I seem to remember that they all were crap or at least in such a bad condition that I didn't really listen to them. I'll try to find them here somewhere.

Social source share

Michelle label is out of New York made and distributed by Columbia records in 1965

to 1967

# 1001 is by Harry Douglas, was this her Dad?

Edited by john manship
Social source share

I used to have one - but could never really make it work. It's a record I really wanted to like a lot... but the vocal's a bit weak, and it's not a dancer either.

That being said, I've heard people really give this pelters over the last year or so which is a shame as there are far worse records out there getting played.

Hammy

Social source share

had good feedback on it as said previously, mr moneys mate liked it at aqua bar, never got his name! as a popcorn lover, i would see the belgians liking it, as for michelle label seen a couple by different artists on e bay over the years, think i might have a black label one somewhere, or is it different spelling? cant be arsed to look!

Social source share

There's a Michele out of NY, there's a Michelle which is part of the Montel Michelle and there's the Michelle being discussed here.

Never liked the Gwen Douglas when Gary used to spin it, vocally it's very poor :thumbsup: as saaid either love it or hate it seems to be nom in between.

Social source share