What Do We Make Of This Then

Pete S

Funny how you know a record for years then something comes along and knocks you off your feet, one of my favourite records is The Dolls - The Reason Why, came out on a small label first (Toy) then got picked up by a major (Loma)...what I didn't realise that it had come out on an even smaller label first, under the name of the lead singer of the group, Linda Burns. Don't know if anyone realised but this is actually a different version, the backing vocals are very different for a start. I'd have thought this was ultra rare but I got this off ebay for about £25 but it's only VG. Obviously I realise that someone will now say oh yes I had 58 copies of that before the Dolls was discovered but I just thought I'd mention it anyway as it's such a brilliant track.

Social source share

• Replies 10
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

It's fairly well known in Girl Group collecting circles Pete, also done by Poppet and Patch in a more Pop style on La Mett .

Poppett & Patch, that sounds good!

Do you know anything about this Simon (or anyone) - it is, of course, "Soul Symphony" with some minor differences.

Social source share

Is this one the same Pete:

ROBIN, EDE / 6 FT. UNDER UK CRYSTAL 7023 THERE MUST BE A LOVE SOMEWHERE / SOUL OVER EASY

Also on Le Cam US if I remember correctly

It's the same track - but it also came out over here (on London I think) as by Hammond Brothers & Maggie!

The Le Cam one doesn't have the Ede Robin vocal at all but has a cover of Paul McCartney's "Maybe I'm Amazed" by Berry Street Station. :thumbsup:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert