Northern Soul Football Shirts?

JEGeorge

Hi all, happy Friday! I've been sat on an idea for a little while and wanted to get people's thoughts on something like this - Northern Soul inspired football shirts. I'm sure some of you will be familiar with Bands FC (if not, check them out) and I wondered how achievable it would be to create something similar that appeals to the NS community.

The idea would be that the shirt design itself would be in a similar design to the label, so blue and white strips for Fairmount, plain black with silver trim for Tamla Motown etc. As an addition, the 'away' kit would be in the colours of the promo label, so the Tamla Motown would have the green and white colouring. The crest would be the NS logo and the primary shirt sponsor on the front would be the label logo itself.

I imagine there is all kind of copyright issues with what I'm suggesting, so at the moment it's just a germ of an idea, just thought it would be interesting to start the discussion.

I've put together some VERY rough ideas using a free kit designer, see attached.

Feel free to list which labels you'd want to see as well, for some inspiration...

image (1).png

image (2).png

image (3).png

image (4).png

image.png

Social source share

I'm sure the merchandisers have looked into it...as most day to day items are out there with a 'never be over for me/ a way of life' printed or embossed on it.

Plenty of norvun played at matches before the game and at half time.

Tamla Motown and Northern Soul...not totally synonymous.....or any label for that matter. Even Ric Tic had some weirdo outings.

Ed

• Up vote 1
Social source share

I get the idea, personally for me a big no. I coached in the States 89/90 and my big thing was to get a Detroit Tigers baseball shit - obviously Detroit Soul and Motown etc. All the Yanks looked at me like I was nuts, a brit supporting Detroit. The idea of Football shirts with Northern Soul, Keep the Faith etc to me is cheesy - it's up there with Casin Classics. But that's just me - One mans meat another mans poison. I'm sure others would be up for it. Do like the idea of label colours though :-)

• Up vote 3
Social source share

4 minutes ago, Chalky said:

More divvy tat IMO, wouldn’t be seen dead in one.

I guess those who are more involved in the circus that surrounds the mainstream crowd, the more who are into it socially rather than the music, those who like some sort of uniform, it would appeal to those

Still like my Detroit Tigers baseball shirt though 🙂

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!