One man's record collection: R&B podcast

Pete Jones

Coming to you from a small town in Wales, one man's record collection, a journey through both kinds of music - Rhythm - and Blues! And everything else in between.

OK it's a shameless plug, and it isn't all R&B, but it is my own record collection - no down;loads, and I welcome thoughts and comments on those Northern Soul and Deep Soul tracks included. I'm up to episode 15 now. Each episode has original artwork and you can find me at:

https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/smalltowntalkrecords

Also listen to the great Johnny Corsair at:

https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/johnnycorsair9

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Going to have a trawl through these.  Just had a look at your playlists and anyone who plays Althea and Donna in the same set as Danny Oliver's "Sapphire" is walking down the same musical street as myself.  My first love is 60s and 70s Jamaican music, then 40s and 50s R&B, Northern Soul, Deep Soul, Blues et al.   

Going to check out Johnny's show too.  Wynonie Harris and the Black Pumas in the same set.  Sorted.  

• Thanks 1
Social source share

Thanks Biggordy.

Some years ago Johnny Corsair and a friend, Norman did a shared podcast, similar to the one we each do now and I was responsible for the engineering. They had a regular theme - the Sublime Moment, which J C described as that moment in a song which makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand up. Each month various guests would be asked to choose one. I mention this because I had a quick glance through your blog and saw your "sublime moment" Marvin Junior holding a note. Mine is similar: "If Your Mother Only Knew" - The Miracles; Smokey sings Ooh Baby after the middle 8. That Ooh does it for me!

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!