Soulful 70's Wants

Guest sigher the gutter snype

anyone got these for reasonable prices

i know some are on the bay but thought i would try here first

beverly and duane "glad i gotcha baby" fee if you can....failing that ariola---GOT THIS ONE NOW ON FEE THANKS TO ALL

margie joesph "come on back to me lover" atlantic

ronn matlock "you got the best of me" atlantic

garfield fleming "dont send me away" beckett-----------GOT THIS ON 45

pretenders "i call it love" carnival 560 80's release...i know one was on here for a ton but tooo much !!

thanks for looking

Edited by sigher the gutter snype
Social source share

• Replies 27
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

beverly and duane "glad i gotcha baby" fee if you can....failing that ariola

garfield fleming "dont send me away" beckett

pretenders "i call it love" carnival 560 80's release...i know one was on here for a ton but tooo much !!

thanks for looking

theres a garfeilf fleming on ebay

i got a 12in copy late last year for a tenner

i got suckered for the wrong pretenders though angry.gif

Edited by moldie
Social source share

theres a garfeilf fleming on ebay

i got a 12in copy late last year for a tenner

i got suckered for the wrong pretenders though angry.gif

garfield fleming 12 in on gemm for 11 dollars...has david morris..saturday night on other side

Edited by moldie
Social source share

thanks for looking

You really wanna watch out for the LPs on the Beverly & Duane, Margie & Ronn Matlock.....killer tunes on every one.

Girf

Social source share

nice one lads...yeah will check for the lp's too

you know us youngsters still catching up what you boys have been listening too for years

still all part of the fun i guess

Social source share

thanks for looking

And careful with the Garfield - many of the original issue 12s have a press fault that makes them jump & in my experience, its tough to find 7" copies that don't have needle wear - being styrene. I don't recall ever seeing a vinyl 45 ???

Girf

Social source share

suppose i will just have to grab what i can...the 45 on ebay looks up my street, will just have to take my chances.

thanks anyway mate.

Social source share

And careful with the Garfield - many of the original issue 12s have a press fault that makes them jump & in my experience, its tough to find 7" copies that don't have needle wear - being styrene. I don't recall ever seeing a vinyl 45 ???

Girf

got my garfield fleming 12" off jim o' hara when he was selling up,no jumps on mine,maybe a few dodgy presses of it knocking about,seem to remember commenting on tobi lark "challenge my love/sweep it out in the shed" being a bit expensive at £100 :thumbsup:
Social source share

• 1 month later...
Guest Soul Sid

Allright Sigh,Have you managed to get hold of Ron Matlock-Youve Got The Best Of Me-Cottillion.It came out on a 45, but it rarely turns up.There are 2 copies of his album on ebay at the moment under modern soul. Its called Love City and includes. Youve Got The Best Of Me++some other brilliant tracks.I paid £45.00 for my copy, one of my alltime favourites.Item nos for the above-- 110100525078 and220089569201. One was at £5.00 other at £10.00. Hpe this helps Sid :lol:

Social source share

Girf

Its the sevens that jump :lol:

Social source share

I got the 12 as a new release from a shop in Piccadilly Circus London, and it has never jumped. I find the sound much richer on the 12".#Good luck with your venue at Welwyn GC next week sigher.

STeve

Yeah good luck with the gig sigher . Dont forget the Boogie Bass line crunchers , that'll get rid of the Dads Army types :wicked: ps . Got a Garfield 12 for £1 in Camden , plays fine on some decks skips on others !!

Social source share

THANKS TO ALL, GOT GARFIELD FLEMING NOW AND WEDGED OUT LOTS OF WONGA ON CLOUDBURST "IM LOVING YOU" SO I CAN

SPIN THAT ONE AT HIP TO THE GAME....GREAT 45

THANKS FOR ALL THE GOOD WORDS ON EVENT AND HOPEFULLY I CAN GET SOME OF YOU BOYS TO COME AND PLAY SOME OF THOSE KILLER 45'S AND '12'S YOU GOT FOR PEANUTS ON NEW RELEASES, AT THE TIME WHEN I WAS LISTENING TO ELECTRO AND RIDING MY BMX......

LETS GET SOME GOOD DJ'S DOWN HERE, THE TRIED AND TRUSTED AND NEW BOYS.

Social source share

beverly and duane "glad i gotcha baby" fee if you can....failing that ariola---GOT THIS ONE NOW ON FEE THANKS TO ALL

garfield fleming "dont send me away" beckett-----------GOT THIS ON 45

thanks for looking

I think Dolly has a copy of Margie Joseph for sale on an Atlantic Demo. You can PM her on here. Her user name is Dollynormal1.

Best of luck with your search.

Neil Jones :shades:

Social source share

• 3 weeks later...

THANKS TO ALL, GOT GARFIELD FLEMING NOW AND WEDGED OUT LOTS OF WONGA ON CLOUDBURST "IM LOVING YOU" SO I CAN

SPIN THAT ONE AT HIP TO THE GAME....GREAT 45

THANKS FOR ALL THE GOOD WORDS ON EVENT AND HOPEFULLY I CAN GET SOME OF YOU BOYS TO COME AND PLAY SOME OF THOSE KILLER 45'S AND '12'S YOU GOT FOR PEANUTS ON NEW RELEASES, AT THE TIME WHEN I WAS LISTENING TO ELECTRO AND RIDING MY BMX......

LETS GET SOME GOOD DJ'S DOWN HERE, THE TRIED AND TRUSTED AND NEW BOYS.

Hi,

If you don't mind me asking - how much was the Cloudburst? It's one of my all time favourites that I've had for about 15 years but I don't think I've seen one for sale for 10 years!!

Paul Capoon

Social source share

Guest Adrian

Hi,

If you don't mind me asking - how much was the Cloudburst? It's one of my all time favourites that I've had for about 15 years but I don't think I've seen one for sale for 10 years!!

Paul Capoon

Not sure there Russ got his but they have been coming up on ebay and going for about $1500 i think....

Edited by Adrian
Social source share

yeah sadly $1500 was one of my purchases on ebay

but i made a little in sales so cant complain. shame though as one turned up on here for £400

needless to say his armed was ripped from his socket.

cloudburst is killer if you ask me.

i had to get mine as i thought i might not see it again, always the way i guess, they come out of the woodwork

not going to dwell on it too much! ouch!!!

i got a spare of

wee "try me" owl if anyone wants one £500

Social source share

Source Advert