JMAuction - 07/07/2021 - Results!

3 minutes ago, Zanetti said:

Hello friends

With request for today's holiday replacement. Can someone please post live results? I would be happy and excited. Thanks

Z

And of course I won't be rooting for you against Denmark. Cheers to Chris Waddle, Stuart Pearce (1990) and Gareth Southgate (1996) 😘

Social source share

Some nice pieces on there,and of course not a bargain in sight..larry santos etc!

but i have to say the cavaliers 45,xxxxxxxxxxxxhat is the worst record ive ever heard! The guitar is out of tune,it sounds like a practise run but they said xxxxxx it that'll do! I dont know whats worse the fact some clown has paid 911 quid for it,or the group for releasing an appaulling song on a astonishingly bad recording session! All the band must have been pissed or on something! Bad is to kinda word for that record! 

Edited by Source
offensive language removed
  • Up vote 2
Social source share

13 hours ago, Dobber said:

Some nice pieces on there,and of course not a bargain in sight..larry santos etc!

The language is terrible. Larry Santos and Cavaliers should start with capitals. It should read ‘practice’ with a ‘c’ as it’s a noun, the verb being spelled with a ‘s’. Funk has a ‘n’ in it. Don’t should have an apostrophe in it, as should ‘what’s’. Appalling has no ‘u’ in it. There should be an ‘’an’ before astonishing as this starts with a vowel. The ‘to’ in the last sentence should read ‘too’. Apart from that, I enjoyed the thrust of your point.

• Up vote 2
Social source share

I thought Joey ' wake up etc'  was way over priced at £ 2.80  although cereal addicts would probably pay three quid for the morning happy tune. Obviously soul fans would be just be going bed listening to Walter Jackson, cheers

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Haha. The Cavaliers has the virtue of being a rare and obscure artifact. The Joey Delorenzo not only sucks, not only isn't soul or even remotely soulful, but isn't even all that rare. Rare-ish, I guess: eight say they have it on Discogs.

Edited by Weingarden
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

2 hours ago, Weingarden said:

Haha. The Cavaliers has the virtue of being a rare and obscure artifact. The Joey Delorenzo not only sucks, not only isn't soul or even remotely soulful, but isn't even all that rare. Rare-ish, I guess: eight say they have it on Discogs.

The Cavaliers track dissapointment is more about it could have been so much better with a bit more effort i think.

Joey D......Great singalonga tune......proper northern soul nonsense. Love it!

Ed

• Up vote 2
Social source share

Swearing isn't allowed on the site as it causes problems with searches etc.

Currently being sorted - Those who have replied, could you please edit the swear words out of the post that you quoted?

Many thanks.

Len :thumbsup:

• Up vote 2
Social source share

1 hour ago, Len said:

Swearing isn't allowed on the site as it causes problems with searches etc.

Currently being sorted - Those who have replied, could you please edit the swear words out of the post that you quoted?

Many thanks.

offensive language edited out and quotes removed

story is here 

• Up vote 1
Social source share

4 hours ago, Chalky said:

The only reason the crap that is Joey D is even mentioned is because of its rarity.  If it was £10 it wouldn't even sell.

Big, big spin at The Dome 15-20 years ago. I reckon if I found the dead stock, I could knock them out slowly at £1,000 at first then £500, £300 etc. It’s a real dancer that builds and builds.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

29 minutes ago, Frankie Crocker said:

Big, big spin at The Dome 15-20 years ago. I reckon if I found the dead stock, I could knock them out slowly at £1,000 at first then £500, £300 etc. It’s a real dancer that builds and builds.

It was big before the Dome, Kenny Burrell.  I was at the Dome, it was sh*te then and it still is.

• Up vote 2
Social source share

2 hours ago, Chalky said:

It was big before the Dome, Kenny Burrell.  I was at the Dome, it was sh*te then and it still is.

Ah, but it peaked at The Dome. Big venue, Friday night crowd from far and wide, packed dance floor, dancers going bonkers. I was with the dancers - were you with the chin-strokers in the record room? Blue-eyed soul from New Mexico, Freddie Chavez influenced, what’s not to like?

Social source share

55 minutes ago, Frankie Crocker said:

Ah, but it peaked at The Dome. Big venue, Friday night crowd from far and wide, packed dance floor, dancers going bonkers. I was with the dancers - were you with the chin-strokers in the record room? Blue-eyed soul from New Mexico, Freddie Chavez influenced, what’s not to like?

For me it peaked at 'The Ritz' Manchester - That bouncing floor just suited it (Along with my amazing foot work) :huh:

The Dome was ok of course :wink:

• Up vote 1
Social source share

12 hours ago, Frankie Crocker said:

Hmm... Freddie Chavez I always loved. The 6 sides of his 3 Look 45's even. Although none equally. 

Joey Delorenzo I never liked. Influenced by Freddie Chavez !? I never thought to hear it that way...

There are similarities in 'sound'. True... But that's all I hear in common between these two artists.

Edited by Tlscapital
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

12 hours ago, Frankie Crocker said:

I was with the dancers - 

I was with the dancers as well - but not for Joey D, poor disco record not an ounce of soul in it, I think Kenny only played it for a bet ... I asked him if this was the case, he never denied it 😉 .

• Up vote 3
Social source share

Joey Delorenzo is not my favourite record and not a great vocal, but it is a good dancer with a interesting production that works in a venue played loud.

There have always been records that please the dance floor, more than the purist soul aficionado.

But I think that's part of the tapestry of Northern Soul!  It's varied with a lot of different styles. That's what keeps it interesting.  

It is a balance between the dancer, who just wants to have a good exciting dance, and the good quality DJ who wants to get good quality tunes accepted.

As long as it's liked and accepted on the Northern Soul allnighter dancefloor, it should be played. 

It's a democracy and the dancefloor is where the votes are cast!!

Edited by D9 Ktf
  • Up vote 3
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!