Moods - Rainmaker

Guest Baz

• Replies 14
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Great record...remember it being played on my first visit to Wigan. I only sell it for 25/30 quid, don't tell me it's now 100 or something daft

Yeah Pete, my ultra rare Australian Wand copy of the Moods in exc+ condition is hereby available for sale at 100 UK GBP . Soul sourcers are welcome to PM me !!!

Edited by sunnysoul
Social source share

I asked Philly expert Dave Brown about this a while back, he says John Madera told him that the Moods have absolutely no connection to the Volcanos (which I know everyone from the collector community thinks) but that they ARE the same group as the Chargers on Vanguard.

Glad you raised this because, of the available information over the years concerning the alleged common link between the Volcanos / Moods / Trammps , NONE of the sources precisely identify the actual personnel movement between the groups and no one has ever offered some sort of family tree .

I think the link was first mentioned in Tony Cumming's landmark book "The Sound of Philadelphia" (1974) .

Dave Rimmer's web site sadly carries no info on the Volcanos.

I'm beginning to think that the link consists of nothing more than the legendary Philly session musos Ronnie Baker Norman Harris & Earl Young who played on so many sessions in the city from the mid 60's right through to the late 70's.

Gene Faith was the Volcanos lead but the lead on the Moods sounds nothing like him and Gene certainly didn't go on to become one of the Trammps.

Perhaps one of those US published Doo Wop / RnB vocal group books carries some info ? Anyone ?

Social source share

Source Advert