Ebay Empty Package Scam

Guest sjay

Hi I am asking for help on this bought a record on ebay from a 100% pos fedback very genuine looking seller,package arrived it was empty I contacted seller asking what had happened he said someone in the post office has stolen it not his responsibilty as I paid pay pal would offer 50% of my purchase price back.I have bought records for 30 years and there is no way on earth that this package was tampered with in any way.I smell a rat here on the face of it one would feel that to share the cost of a genuine thefy might be fair and as he seems a genuine seller I should belive him but I dont.Has anyone else had similar problems are there sellers who get away with regularly cheating.I dont want to name this seller right now but I would welcome any pms from any of you who have had the same problem with names of sellers to see if any of them are doing this on a regular basis.

Steve

Social source share

• Replies 79
  • Views 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Hi I am asking for help on this bought a record on ebay from a 100% pos fedback very genuine looking seller,package arrived it was empty I contacted seller asking what had happened he said someone in the post office has stolen it not his responsibilty as I paid pay pal would offer 50% of my purchase price back.I have bought records for 30 years and there is no way on earth that this package was tampered with in any way.I smell a rat here on the face of it one would feel that to share the cost of a genuine thefy might be fair and as he seems a genuine seller I should belive him but I dont.Has anyone else had similar problems are there sellers who get away with regularly cheating.I dont want to name this seller right now but I would welcome any pms from any of you who have had the same problem with names of sellers to see if any of them are doing this on a regular basis.

Steve

Ok please take this seriosly my very 1st pm just the same scam and suprise suprise same seller.please let me have yor pms

steve

Social source share

Would the weight of the record make a difference to the cost of postage he paid ?

Hope you get your money back

Pete for once I toally agree with you mate nail hit on head.I and askes for a copy of the proof of postage to take to the po and police and guess what full refund immediately lucky for me I guess but what about everyone else.

he is advertising on this site right now with a record for sale and he reading this knowing full well hes been caught out

Social source share

How much was the record?

£50 mate he did it another way with someone else who bought 3 records got empty packet said they were stolen not his responsibilty but in good faith as he had a 2nd copy of one of the tunes he would send that so very kind pay for 3 and get 1!!!!!

Social source share

£50 mate he did it another way with someone else who bought 3 records got empty packet said they were stolen not his responsibilty but in good faith as he had a 2nd copy of one of the tunes he would send that so very kind pay for 3 and get 1!!!!!

Please name him so we can all avoid being conned.

Social source share

Guest Dr Bob Jones

Can I suggest you name him, we don't need people like him, I don't care who he is...

Honest post the link to his site and if ebay get enough complaints,

he'll get dump by the bay. I hate leeches and he definitely is one.

Best

Dr Bob Jones :angry:

Social source share

Name him mate. We need to know. :rolleyes:

Social source share

There you go. Simsy is a Moderator

[/quote

Ok I will give you his explanation as to why he had such a kind change of heart and gave me a full refund and I quote

"Steve.I have now refunded you.You know ,that I dont have a proof for sending the record,because it wasnt sent registered or insured.you should have asked for insurance,if you want 100% safety,that a record reaches you.

If you see it as a sign of me feeling guilty ,you are wrong.I have done everything like it should be,and its not really fair,the way you handled this."

Lars

I know when I posted 2 records abproad this week with no insurance or signed for the post office was kind enough to give me a proof of postage receit for each one WITH THE WEIGHT OF THE PACKAGE IN GRAMS PRINTED ON THEM.

I will let you make your own minds up if you want to send him any of your hard earned money he is seller

DOCFISH from Gemany

Hope that helps someone

Steve

Social source share

thanks for the info mate

No problem I think we should all talk about this kind of thing more often before these people move in for the big hit like kevin laffert from canada did :rolleyes::thumbsup:

steve

Social source share

Yep, that was me, I gave seller benefit of the doubt but SJay's story seemed very familiar... hopefully the seller will be good enough to come on and give us an explanation... if he's not being dishonest, or careless when packing, then he really needs to have a word with his local post office.

Social source share

The seller was me and I can only assure, that I have packed the record properly and send it to you. I can't held responsible for a stolen record! And what kind of shi**y trick should that be, sending an empty package? God damn, if I would be a cheater I wouldn't send the parcel out and would pretend, that it got lost on the way.

By the way, It's abit nasty after recieveing a full refund, talking bad about me.

Check my feedback on evil bay and you will see, that this kind of shit happens, but in 99,99% obviously not with me as a seller

Lars

Social source share

Docfish - let's say I give you the benefit of the doubt.

This would mean that on 2 occasions someone has intercepted a package going to 2 different addresses, removed the contents, resealed the package, and then allowed it to proceed to its destination. I'm wracking my brains here, but why wouldn't a thief just pilfer the package ? if foul play has taken place, what's possible explanation could there be for 2 empty packages arriving ?

Hammy

Social source share

The seller was me and I can only assure, that I have packed the record properly and send it to you. I can't held responsible for a stolen record! And what kind of shi**y trick should that be, sending an empty package? God damn, if I would be a cheater I wouldn't send the parcel out and would pretend, that it got lost on the way.

By the way, It's abit nasty after recieveing a full refund, talking bad about me.

Check my feedback on evil bay and you will see, that this kind of shit happens, but in 99,99% obviously not with me as a seller

Lars

Lars, you have to realise that by becoming a seller, you put yourself up for public comment - and record buyers do discuss their experiences of buying. If it's not you trying to make some extra money then you really need to speak to your local post office - I've had many records delivered and the occasional one not turn up at all (lost or scammed, who knows), but yours is the only one that's turned up empty. And as it's happened to others you've posted to, it's got to be something at your end of things.

Social source share

Why would a post office worker home or abroad empty a pacel...reseal it and send it on its way

Maybe, because a post office worker with a parcel in his pocket with an adress and a stamp on it, would loose his job as a thief. A post office worker with a 45 in his bag is just nerdy little record collector.

Social source share

This would mean that on 2 occasions someone has intercepted a package going to 2 different addresses, removed the contents, resealed the package, and then allowed it to proceed to its destination. I'm wracking my brains here, but why wouldn't a thief just pilfer the package ? if foul play has taken place, what's possible explanation could there be for 2 empty packages arriving ?

Hammy

Lars made it quite clear to me that this has happened to him before and this is what sent alarm bells ringing he even told me that records he had sent to John Anderson had been stolen!!

Let me just say that before I posted this on here I was told by him when I first enquired what had happened that his immediate response was it has been stolen by a postal worker what do you suggest we do ??

Before I posted this on here I was offered half my money back out of the kindness of his heart as soon as I posted immediate refund, make of it what you will !

Steve

Social source share

There dosent seem much point in sending anything by recorded delivery/registered post anymore, especially not from Germany.

I had Harry Starr sent to me from Germany in September....ok it had arrived in England before it went missing, but when the seller asked at the German Post Office about my compensation....they gave him false information..."I should claim from the British Post Office" I spent bloody pounds on telephone calls before being told what I already knew....the sender must make the claim...He made the claim..a month passed and they hadn't contacted him at all.....I phoned the German PO only to be told that no claim had been made, I knew this was untrue as he is a very trusted seller....I gave them the info again, but we're in february now and still no money back...and I thought the british post office was bad....at least they give you your money back when stuff goes astray.

Social source share

Hammy

Got to say that I have had plenty of 45's off Lars and always found him to be an honest seller. It may be that there is a dodgy record collector working at lars's local sorting office who recognises the package size, handwriting etc and performs the deed. Try a different sorting office Lars or camoflage the packet a bit more

Social source share

Guest Neil Taylor

Why would a post office worker home or abroad empty a pacel...reseal it and send it on its way

FAIR COMMENT

SMELLS A BIT FISHY TO ME......

Edited by Neil Taylor
Social source share

I won 2 records off Lars tonight :rolleyes:

let's hope the woman at the post office doesn't like Bowie - or that's Pete's records gone as well! :thumbsup:

Hammy

Social source share

Toughie this and a pisser for Lars if he's telling the truth.

How closely did you examine the package Steve? Were there any different kinds of tape, sealing etc?

I had a good look at mine, it was all sealed with the same sort of tape, the sticker with postage on over the tape.. could not for the life of me see how it could have been opened, but as I said I let it drop as I did get one of the three records I bought.

There's obviously a problem somewhere, if it's Lars' local post office then it needs to be reported to them, as I don't think anyone who's had this problem would buy from the same seller again.

Social source share

What about this one, she looks a bit like your missus as well Hammy...the girl who was Amelie

amelie-poulain04.jpg

MMmmm possibly.... a little. Just a little.

isn't this threadjacking ? lol

hammy

Social source share

I had a good look at mine, it was all sealed with the same sort of tape, the sticker with postage on over the tape.. could not for the life of me see how it could have been opened, but as I said I let it drop as I did get one of the three records I bought.

There's obviously a problem somewhere, if it's Lars' local post office then it needs to be reported to them, as I don't think anyone who's had this problem would buy from the same seller again.

So the closet northern fancying post office worker has access to all the right types of tape being the post office n' all. But it all seems so fantastical and people are free to buy from whom they choose. I've not bought records from Lars, but yours and Steve's experiences would make a cautious buyer pause for thought I'd say.

Social source share

Guest mel brat

There dosent seem much point in sending anything by recorded delivery/registered post anymore, especially not from Germany....

Last year I had a parcel to Germany opened and the contents (not records) removed, before the empty package was crudely resealed with adhesive tape and sent on. The recipient received (and signed for) the package, only to find the contents removed. This was very embarrassing, not to mention costly. Can't trust any postal service these days it seems. Too many part-time staff/criminals in the sorting offices?

Social source share

I could understand it if the record was posted signed for (surely a bit of value),but if it's been sent ordinary mail I can't see why somebody would open it steal the contents & re-seal it .why just not nick the parcel, gotta be easier than effing around with different coloured sellotapes & end up with the fastest milkman in the west wacko.gif

Social source share

Guest sydney bridge

living in germany i must say that ive never had problems with the german post.ive also had records from lars without any problems,anyone on the german scene also knows lars as a respected dj.

lars,could i suggest that the tampering could be from sources closer to home? regards curnow.

Social source share

Gotta say ive had records from dogfish in the past and had no problems would say it dose not sound like the kinda thing he would do allways found him to be honist and true

Social source share

I must admit... thoughts of dodgy postal workers has crossed my mind once or twice...

Up until now though... it hasn't crossed the mind of my postman... :thumbsup:

I wouldnt blame the postman,maybe.............2007 and parcels are being opened left right and centre,bombs;drugs;etc and have ever seen customs they dont give a shit oh and theres a german record collector i know who works for them,no way i`m saying its him but where theres one you can bet your arse theres thousands of em`.

Why do i write this shit :thumbsup:

Edited by ken
Social source share

Lars

Lars has been around for a while and is involved with the scene he appears to contribute i have never got the impression (although i don't know him nor have i met him) that he would be underhand or missleading. I can understand this type of trick being pulled by someone not involved they have far less to lose It doesn't make sense that someone involved in the scene would risk the stigma that would take place for fifty quid Now im also not saying sjay is talking poo poo How about the people joining in that have had no problem in doing business with lars and why now after all this time would he do it? Where's Miss Marple when you need her? :thumbsup:

DJ

Social source share

In his defense as well, I have to say I've had a few things from Lars with no problems whatsoever.

I have also had problems with post being opened at this end of the postal line. The manager of the of the sorting office didn't really seem too bothered that a thief was in his midst. He just gave me some forms to fill in!!

Social source share

I must admit... thoughts of dodgy postal workers has crossed my mind once or twice...

Up until now though... it hasn't crossed the mind of my postman... :thumbsup:

A few weeks before christmas,I posted a package to a chap on the isle of wight,he never recieved it ,filled in the forms from the post office,about a week later got a letter from post office,sorry cant track your parcel,sent me a check for 32 quid,parcel goods were worth £350 quid,bit pissed of at the mo, not sure what to do about it,told the bloke I would send him 2/3rds of his cash back,stand loosing that much,it seems to me you use the post office at your own risk,surley thats not right is it ???? :thumbsup:

Bazza

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert