The Temptations @ Tesco

Guest espo

Last night our lass came in from Tesco with the usual fridge freezer stuff plus a dvd about the Temptations.Produced by Otis Williams it charts their career from early high school /street corner doo wop ,through their motown era---all the break ups--etc to the mid 90s

The music is all there with a few facts i didnt know (like being discovered by Johnnie Mae Mathews)

On the box it said running time 96 mins but it ended up being almost 3 hours long

Great entertainment for 97 pence

Any body else seen it?

Social source share

• Replies 18
  • Views 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Last night our lass came in from Tesco with the usual fridge freezer stuff plus a dvd about the Temptations.Produced by Otis Williams it charts their career from early high school /street corner doo wop ,through their motown era---all the break ups--etc to the mid 90s

The music is all there with a few facts i didnt know (like being discovered by Johnnie Mae Mathews)

On the box it said running time 96 mins but it ended up being almost 3 hours long

Any body else seen it?

Fukc!!just gone past Tesco :mellow:97p not one of Petes is it wave.gif

Edited by ken
Social source share

Any body else seen it?

they did this offer about a year ago and I got a couple, great film like you say and superb value. Was first shown on Hallmark few years ago,

Social source share

I was shown this DVD on a number of weekends staying over at Dave Farrell's place when we did Exeter every month before it moved to the University smile.gif I liked the DVD smile.gif

Social source share

Guest WorcSoulSurvivor

I managed to get it as well, well worth 97p!! Brilliant film, showing some great insites. One of the actors is currently touring with sylvester potts, last surviving contour!! Saw them at Prestatyn and they stole the show with baby hit & run!! thumbsup.gif

Social source share

i got it about 3 months ago payed 7.99 for it though bugger asda from now on i go to there in future but got to admitt it was a great film problem was i put it on just before we went out big mistake end up staying and watched till it finished but then we both big temtations fans

Yep, she's off out with her chums,gonna watch it again tonight ,love it ,smoke gets in me eyes at times tho' :thumbsup:

Bazza

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

...the actor who played Melvin Franklin in it (D B Woodside) is currently playing the US President in the new series of '24'!

Worth mentioning, too, that 'Leon' got the David Ruffin part after the producer saw him play much the same role as the lead singer in "The Five Heartbeats"...

TONE

Social source share

• 3 weeks later...
Guest WorcSoulSurvivor

If anyone can get another copy could they send it to

137 Avon Road, Tolladine, Worcester, WR4 9AH

With the return address so i can send the 97p back?

Just a thought :shhh:

Social source share

Guest Glawsters Best

If anyone can get another copy could they send it to

137 Avon Road, Tolladine, Worcester, WR4 9AH

With the return address so i can send the 97p back?

Just a thought :unsure:

don't they have a tesco in worcester we got three in gloucester :wicked:

Social source share

The DVD at Tesco's says running time 96 mins where as my DVD says 170 mins. I bought a couple of the Tesco dvd's but I haven't watched them yet to see what has been cut.

my original DVD also came with a 16 track CD

I have the orig dvd with the 16 track CD too!

Bought the 97p one as a spare BUT when i saw the 90 mins playing time (rather than the 170 mins orig) i chucked it in a drawer unopened!

Really please to see it actually runs for 170 mins - need to dig it out the drawer again :P

Thanks for letting us know!

btw One of, if not THE the best film EVER (soul music wise) imho

Cheers

Steve

Social source share

Guest WorcSoulSurvivor

don't they have a tesco in worcester we got three in gloucester thumbsup.gif

Yes but I haven't been able to find another copy in worcester, sadly :wicked:

Social source share

Yes but I haven't been able to find another copy in worcester, sadly unsure.gif

if you look in the media bit, someone else posted about this DVD, and had the foresite to purchase all the copies Tesco had to sell on to those of you that hadn;t been able to find a copy.

I bought it but haven't got round to watching it yet

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert