Record Centres

Guest dundeedavie

Guest dundeedavie

i have for sale 40 pairs of 6082-T6 aircraft quality aluminium record centres .... price is £5 per pair plus £1 postage .

pm me if interested , paypal is not only accepted but downright encouraged post-2081-1170351242_thumb.jpg

Social source share

• Replies 33
  • Views 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest dundeedavie

OK, own up, who got a lathe for Christmas then? laugh.gif

not me , these were done on a hardinge cobra 42 precision centre lathe ........i'm a cnc programmer / turner by profession

Social source share

Guest dundeedavie

kinda reminds me of my Timex toolmaking days when we used to turn-out Tungsten Carbide darts from the wee Schaublin lathe in the corner. Does the big chamfer on these help the short-sighted locate the record hole !! rolleyes.gif

alan

the big chamfer helps the ham fisted get like me throw the records on from distance lolol

Social source share

Guest SteveJohnston

i have for sale 40 pairs of 6082-T6 aircraft quality aluminium record centres .... price is £5 per pair plus £1 postage .

pm me if interested , paypal is not only accepted but downright encouraged post-2081-1170351242_thumb.jpg

Can't see you having difficulty selling, they should take off no problem :rolleyes:

Social source share

Guest Bearsoul

I am lucky enough to have a pair of these that davie turned for me a few years back.....

ME TOO SIR !!!!!!!! THEY ARE THE BEES'KNEES thumbsup.gif

Social source share

Guest dundeedavie

that one on the left looks 0.002" smaller in dia' to the other one and could you tell me the surface finish in microns? :thumbsup:

well i assure you the tolerance band is a lot less than 2 thou , i'm not an amateur hahaha . yes i could tell you the surface finish in microns but i won't ..... they are a standard turned finish using carbide tooling with a .4mm radius thumbsup.gif

Social source share

Guest dundeedavie

ME TOO SIR !!!!!!!! THEY ARE THE BEES'KNEES thumbsup.gif

thats was the reason for making them chris , having to borrow yours back at the last basics

Social source share

I had some of these knocked up a few years ago. I sort of asked on here if anyone would be interested, but no takers.

Hope it works out for you Davie, as they really do make a difference.

The last set I had I gave to Greatstone guys. Wonder if they still have them?

Jamie :thumbsup:

Social source share

Still got any left Davie and can i send you a postal order?if so two lots for me allways losing(lending)mine :angry:

And would it be cheaper for buying in bulk.

Edited by ken
Social source share

Guest dundeedavie

I had some of these knocked up a few years ago. I sort of asked on here if anyone would be interested, but no takers.

Hope it works out for you Davie, as they really do make a difference.

The last set I had I gave to Greatstone guys. Wonder if they still have them?

Jamie :thumbsup:

i doubt i'd make anymore jamie , the opportunity fell into my lap thru a job i was doing in work

Social source share

Guest dundeedavie

Davie, just got my set in the post and wanted to say thanks. these are the mutts nuts :yes:

many thanks, quick delivery and item as described. very good ebayer.AAAAAAAAAA+++++++++

Oh sorry wrong site. :thumbsup:

Arrived today Davie and they are superb and great value,

thanks again

Bearsy :lol:

what can i say , many thanks gents

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Cant recommend these llittle beauties enough,got mine last week..the business,thank you david :thumbsup: nick

I got two lots,and they`re staying here.Great for poppin`the centre`s out ya`uk stuff!! :yes:

Edited by ken
Social source share

Guest dundeedavie

Cant recommend these llittle beauties enough,got mine last week..the business,thank you david :thumbsup: nick

thank you nick , very kind :yes: , i got some of mine engraved as well for a gig i'm doing and they look brilliant

I got two lots,and they`re staying here.Great for poppin`the centre`s out ya`uk stuff!! laugh.gif

i'm positive thats not what they were designed for but hell if it works why not lolol

Social source share

Guest dundeedavie

If yur down to the last one i'll have them from you ended up given one of the other sets away already..

cheers Mischief

you get the last set paul , thanks to everyone who bought someit has been a pleasure ..... :)

Social source share

This is the Sales Forum
Use the site PM (personal message) system for any trading discussion