Joe Valentine- I Lost.......- Val

Guest mark shepherd

• Replies 17
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

defo pressed Shep, I had one a couple of years ago at the Cumby for sale,cannot remember owt else apart from the label being same as original but sure the vinyl was ''newish'' type of thing with raised edge/lip,

you know my memory is a bit iffy :lol:

Not booted BUT legally reissued a few years ago!

I have scans of both labels which i will post up later - they are similar BUT they are fairly easy to distinguish!

Cheers

Steve

Social source share

Guest stromberg

YEAH, I HEARD IT WAS EITHER JOE OR HIS BROTHER WHO PRESSED EM UP. MY ORIGINAL COPY CAME FROM JOE'S BRO. WELL BEAT UP. HE PERSONALLY DANCED ON IT HIMSELF.

BRO/BRI.

maybe someone can say how you can tell the original from the reissue?

I just bought one :rolleyes:

thanks,

Stefan

Social source share

Guest stromberg

Read somewhere that Joe wrote the song when he lost his long term girlfriend. Next time you listen to it, you'll feel his pain!!!

that is probably what I like about this record so much :rolleyes:

Social source share

Guest Glawsters Best

Not booted BUT legally reissued a few years ago!

I have scans of both labels which i will post up later - they are similar BUT they are fairly easy to distinguish!

Cheers

Steve

[/q

hi waiting for your scans want a check if mines real or not

Leon

Social source share

I would love to see, and maybe hear the difference between them? I bought mine some years ago from a seller whom I know and believe when he told me it's the original. But I fell it's a bit strange that just before the song start, you can hear a "click" sound as if someone starts a cassette player or something :thumbsup: . Anyone else heard that...?

Social source share

I would love to see, and maybe hear the difference between them? I bought mine some years ago from a seller whom I know and believe when he told me it's the original. But I fell it's a bit strange that just before the song start, you can hear a "click" sound as if someone starts a cassette player or something :shades: . Anyone else heard that...?

There's also a clip taken from the orig 45 on my site too whistling.gif

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert