Mace Made Me Soil Me Undies

Guest Simon

Going on from Mace's cd comp that Soulgirl went all creamy over & has since metomorphosised into a MR thread, what Martha Reeves tracks do you think are ready to be spun on todays NS dancefloor?

I'll start you off with 'Wild one' - Has the right feel & danceability imo & still has a freshness about it.

Simon :)

Social source share

• Replies 26
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Going on from Mace's cd comp that Soulgirl went all creamy over & has since metomorphosised into a MR thread, what Martha Reeves tracks do you think are ready to be spun on todays NS dancefloor?

I'll start you off with 'Wild one' - Has the right feel & danceability imo & still has a freshness about it.

Simon :)

Been playing 'You've Been in Love Too Long' for ages now.... her best imo :(

Social source share

Been playing 'You've Been in Love Too Long' for ages now.... her best imo :)

Agree with Joan on this...top tune :(

P.S. Not so sure I want to be associated with Simons Soiled Undies, and whilst I'm sure he realises he is onto a high number of posts & views by generating such a clever titled thread, I think I may need to seek legal advise on this matter :(

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

..."This Is When I Need You Most", from the "Come And Get These Memories" album, has always done it for me. Always thought of it as much more than mere album filler and never understood why Motown never considered it as a single (or perhaps they did?)

Mace, if you're reading this, I'll send your Barry Darvell back tomorrow, mate...

TONE

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

martha reeves- no one there, absoloutely brilliant never get sick of hearing it :yes:

...must just be the rest of us who have gotten sick of hearing it then tongue.gif:boxing::D

Anyway, I thought this thread was about underplayed Martha & Vandellas records, I can't honestly think of a more overplayed record - by any artist - in the past couple of years!

TONE

Social source share

Guest billinghamsoulboy

maybe coz im only young and not as in the know as everyone else i dont hear it all the time, i shall now spit my dummy out :yes:

Social source share

Martha's finest moment, in my opinion, was "I'm Ready For Love". It was a wonderful song and Martha really seemed to be living the part.

We should never take these records for granted.

Paul Mooney

Social source share

Guest Jimmy Scriv

As a collector of Motown sheet music I lost out on 'You've been in love too long' on EBay it went for $149. That's the most I've seen a Motown/Northern sheet go for. Them pesky yanks :angry:

Social source share

Simon thumbsup.gif

come and get these memories - lovley :wicked:

Social source share

come and get these memories.mp3 - martha and the vandellas - gordy

14178 refosoul

come and get these memories - for 4 dollars its class !

Edited by mossy
Social source share

Guest WPaulVanDyk

Third finger left Hand, that's my fav by her. followed by yes i know it's popular but Jimmy Mack - still them 2 when i hear them just classics

Social source share

Guest mel brat

Simon :thumbsup:

"In And Out Of My Life" might sound good these days. Have never heard it played out anywhere...

But really my favourite Martha Reeves record of ALL time has to be "My Baby Loves Me". They don't get much better than that for me! Superb! :unsure:

Social source share

Guest mel brat

maybe coz im only young and not as in the know as everyone else i dont hear it all the time, i shall now spit my dummy out :thumbsup:

DON'T! One of us will only have to pick it up and wash it for ya! :unsure::lol:

Social source share

Guest mel brat

As a collector of Motown sheet music I lost out on 'You've been in love too long' on EBay it went for $149. That's the most I've seen a Motown/Northern sheet go for. Them pesky yanks :angry:

Yeah! How DARE they go after those old Soul records n' stuff that WE want! :thumbsup::unsure:

Social source share

"In And Out Of My Life" might sound good these days. Have never heard it played out anywhere...

Played at the Hitsville Weekender by your stuly. Always loved it. Came out on a nice White Red Vinyl Demo too as well as the normal black vinyl one.

Regards,

Dave

www.theresthatbeat.com

www.hitsvillesoulclub.com

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert