Young Ones

Guest WPaulVanDyk

You want encouragement? Fine here it is.

When I was your age, I set foot in my first 'niter at the Central in Leeds. I went with a bunch of older chaps that attended the Wheel and Torch. I hardly spoke two words for the first year or so, just listened to them talk about the scene, the music, the records, labels etc. When I finaly did contribute they knew I was talking sense, and knew what I was on about. 30-odd years later I still know what I'm talking about, because I still listen and learn. Liked or disliked, I have respect, and that has to be earned. If I had called myself Trevski "Soulboy" Hare, and DJ's with dodgy records, I wouldn't have lasted 5 minutes and neither will you unless you learn a few hard lessons. Listen to those older and wiser than you. learn all you can about the scene etc, before you comment, so people will respect what you say 'cos you can back it up with hard evidence. Build a decent collection of original vinyl before you get behind the decks and stop using phrases like "Keep the faith" that were a joke 20 years ago. Then, maybe, you will get somewhere on this scene. That's the best ecouragement I can give you. If you don't want to take it on board, it's your loss.

Social source share

• Replies 106
  • Views 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

You want encouragement? Fine here it is.

When I was your age, I set foot in my first 'niter at the Central in Leeds. I went with a bunch of older chaps that attended the Wheel and Torch. I hardly spoke two words for the first year or so, just listened to them talk about the scene, the music, the records, labels etc. When I finaly did contribute they knew I was talking sense, and knew what I was on about. 30-odd years later I still know what I'm talking about, because I still listen and learn. Liked or disliked, I have respect, and that has to be earned. If I had called myself Trevski "Soulboy" Hare, and DJ's with dodgy records, I wouldn't have lasted 5 minutes and neither will you unless you learn a few hard lessons. Listen to those older and wiser than you. learn all you can about the scene etc, before you comment, so people will respect what you say 'cos you can back it up with hard evidence. Build a decent collection of original vinyl before you get behind the decks and stop using phrases like "Keep the faith" that were a joke 20 years ago. Then, maybe, you will get somewhere on this scene. That's the best ecouragement I can give you. If you don't want to take it on board, it's your loss.

Well Ive been around since 70-71 off an on ,and I still dont know what im talking about... :):) , but of course when Ive had a couple of :lol: , it all seems to make sense. (to me anyway) :thumbsup:

Bazza

Social source share

Nothing behind it, and if the cheesy nick-name wasn't coined by him, he's still using it!

His english is certainly better than Ken's :thumbsup:

Didn't say his records were dodgy, I said "If I had called myself Trevski "Soulboy" Hare, and DJ's with dodgy records", which, at 14 they would have been.

Lots of folk bigger 'n me, don't give a toss!

Finaly, I am bored with this now. Don't even think children should be allowed on the forum, IMHO. and am not commenting any further.

Oh but Trev, I'm a child compared to you :lol:

And I quite like it when you tell me off :)

Can I have a nick-name please.

Social source share

KEEP THE FAITH? Oh please, where did you learn that phrase, ancient history class? isn't it past your bedtime yet?

I've nothing against youngsters on the scene, and would encourage new blood whole-heartedly but think they should adhere to the old saying "Children should be seen and not heard". That way they learn what it's all about instead of making fools of themselves talking about something they know very little of. Anyway, I have better things to do than to argue with a semi-illiterate child, now off to bed with you!

sorry trevski but i think alex is winning about 6-1 at present you've lost the plot cant wait for full time. interesting reading though ps please excuse the spelling my spell checkers broke.pps there is a difference between young people being involved in the scene and soulies draging their kids along because of no baby sitters now thats the problem.

Social source share