What Tune Made You A Soul Fan

A question !.........whats your top soul tune!........heres my fav soul tune, on UK pye from 1965.....in my box....what is yours......................what is your fav Soul tune!?

See you all at Prestatyn next month! at 07:00 hrs in the morning! :P:wicked:

If i am not spaced out then i am not having fun!

We will be there on our Lambrettas................................whatever the weather! wicked.gif:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Mossy

Social source share

• Replies 32
  • Views 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

[

We will be there on our Lambrettas..............................

Mossy

:P come n Leeds fannys

NICK.........BUSHWACKAS..N..MILLWALL HAVE COME UP TO SEE US. AND WE HAVE ALWAYS MADE THEM WELCOME..............IF YOUR BRAVE ENOUGH WE CAN ALWAYS MEET ......!

MOSSY FROM WALES! :wicked: YOU FUCKING c***!

Social source share

Guest Neil Taylor

Sam & Bill.....I`ll try......decca

First heard this on a Kent album when i was about 15.It grabbed my nuts and squeezed em hard,and i`ve loved the track ever since.

I own it on Decca,and put it in every set i play.....it`s as good now at 43,as it was when i was 15.

Its the record that means northern soul,to me.

neil

Social source share

One Lp, actually not just one tune.

Impressions Big 16 Vol 2 on Stateside .

My Dad got this when i was about 12-13(1970 ish).Loved it from that moment.Tracks included are "you've been cheatin'",and "Can't satisfy",but it was the slow tracks that did it for me. (" iv'e been trying", "you'll want me back", "i found that i've lost".)

What a f****ing genius Curtis Mayfield was,and sadly missed.

Still got the LP, still love it,,,,,Kev. thumbsup.gif

Social source share

Guest WPaulVanDyk

Well the first soul tune i ever heard and liked was Jackie Wilson - Reet Pettie but sadly it's more Rock 'n' Roll still loved it then and since then i got into more soul not just Northern hench my love for the Real Thing who i seen 3 times live.

Social source share

Guest mel brat

...Real Thing who i seen 3 times live.

First time I saw The Real Thing live was in 1974. They'd been on 'New Faces' I think singing the Temptations "Plastic Man", and I'd seen them before at 'The Top of the World' allnighter in Hanley, but they hadn't had any real hits. I persuaded a mate to go along along to see them at a pub do about 25 miles away in a small rural village in Staffordshire, which we got to by means of several long bus rides... When we staggered out at 11pm, we realised we had no means of getting home and began walking, hoping to hitch a lift, but got hoplessly lost. It began to rain and it took us all night to get home! The local paper shop was open by the time we got back at 6am - seven HOURS later! A memorable evening indeed...!

:wicked::thumbsup:

Edited by mel brat
Social source share

Guest Goldwax

NICK.........BUSHWACKAS..N..MILLWALL HAVE COME UP TO SEE US. AND WE HAVE ALWAYS MADE THEM WELCOME..............IF YOUR BRAVE ENOUGH WE CAN ALWAYS MEET ......!

MOSSY FROM WALES! :wicked: YOU FUCKING c***!

Social source share

i surrender by eddie holman i think was the first tune that made me think i've got to hear more of this stuff. on one of the early kent albums.

still one of my all time favourite records, too

Social source share

Sam & Bill.....I`ll try......decca

First heard this on a Kent album when i was about 15.It grabbed my nuts and squeezed em hard,and i`ve loved the track ever since.

I own it on Decca,and put it in every set i play.....it`s as good now at 43,as it was when i was 15.

Its the record that means northern soul,to me.

neil

FANTASTIC......BELTING......BLEEDER OF A TUNE !

PS. Sorry if I could have offended with that previous post, I was trying to wind a mate up when a little drunk, it should of been on a different forum, whistling.gif

Social source share

FANTASTIC......BELTING......BLEEDER OF A TUNE !

PS. Sorry if I could have offended with that previous post, I was trying to wind a mate up when a little drunk, it should of been on a different forum, :thumbsup:

On the sauce were we Gareth :wicked::D

Lots of tunes got us going all them years ago pal as teenagers in north wales - Constellations - Didn't Know How To springs to mind, and I remember us going to Stoke - Longton in fact (was it the Princess Suite??!) and going mental to Melba Moore - Magic Touch that Ady had brought out on his Horaces label - happy days :ohmy: . Thank god you've got rid of that awful pencil tash you had in them days :( . See you in Prestatyn...

Rich

Edited by Rich Buckley
Social source share

gotta be free - joe tex - dial

13943 refosoul

Mossy mod tune

My very first taste was needle in a haystack which got me dancing my very first soulful steps out on the floor

But I love the Joe Tex choon :thumbsup:

Mand

PS forgot the say by the velvelettes on motown label ( maybe not that soulful )...but I got there!! :wicked:

Edited by Madmandy
Social source share

On the sauce were we Gareth :ohmy::shades:

Lots of tunes got us going all them years ago pal as teenagers in north wales - Constellations - Didn't Know How To springs to mind, and I remember us going to Stoke - Longton in fact (was it the Princess Suite??!) and going mental to Melba Moore - Magic Touch that Ady had brought out on his Horaces label - happy days :rolleyes: . Thank god you've got rid of that awful pencil tash you had in them days :lol: . See you in Prestatyn...

Rich

Constallations - didnt know how too ----------------- BEST TUNE EVER, I Was talking to Chris Fenney on Saturday about TTs Club.......................Wot great times Rich! The Pencil tash personifies the young Soulfan whistling.gif Well i did in Northop - And yes after a bottle of vodka , I thought I was on Modculture and intended to start insulting Nick Brady...............then realised it was the wrong thread and the wrong site whistling.gif

Social source share

However, as much as current tunes sway me I have to admit my first Northern tune that stapled my very faithfulness has to be Out On The Floor! I'll be buried to that!

Social source share

a toss between landslide, I'm satisfied with you (vocal) & tell me it's just a rumour baby.

the previous record had been 'see my baby jive' & suddenly my ears pricked up. there was no looking back.

yeah..................Landslide, Ha ....much better than "they call me a wrong man!" Wot about "Picture me gone"? and of course "Hey girl dont bother me"!! and "Girl why do you wanna make me blue" by the Temps

Social source share

The first track on A whole new thing by Sly and the Family Stone "Underdog". I loved rap music than, and i still do, so i fell for fast and rap-like, singing sly did on that, it had such an energy. That whole album made a large impression on me.

Social source share

OK, this one got my attention! Woohooo.. fab tune :wicked:

I played at the 100club,sold it fer`£20 i`m a nutter it had the floor rammed,i remember i ax`d Ady what its worth he says nowt by Joe is worth a lot...........cheers Ady laugh.gif hundred quid record at least.

Social source share

I played at the 100club,sold it fer`£20 i`m a nutter it had the floor rammed,i remember i ax`d Ady what its worth he says nowt by Joe is worth a lot...........cheers Ady :wicked: hundred quid record at least.

Its only cheap money :D And its a crappy Mod tune shhh.gif ................we have all done that buddy (perhaps 1000 times?)

Social source share

Guest mel brat

Gotta be Frank Beverley for me ...classic track... got me hooked straight away!! closely followed by The Superlatives...SUPERB!!!

Both great records still! :lol:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert