Western Union Money Order

• Replies 7
  • Views 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Awake 502

been watching a record on evil-bay but he only accepts western union money order???

never heard of this method any advice please :thumbsup:

Stay well clear !!!

it's the payment method scammers prefer

Social source share

Guest Brian Ellis

been watching a record on evil-bay but he only accepts western union money order???

never heard of this method any advice please :thumbsup:

I used it about 3 years or so ago - wasn't a problem, payment got through and record arrived. Bit slower than PayPal; not sure what guarantees you get with it - don't think I checked at the time, wasn't for a lot of money though. If I remember correctly you as the buyer have to pay a small commission to Western Union rather than the seller.

Things may have changed more recently, so my experience being so long ago may be too dated to go on!

Brian :thumbsup:

Social source share

Isn't bidpay the western union money order backed payment method. you put your auction item number the auction site info and the amount incl postage. they then charge you a commission. I've used this a couple of times, again not for large sums but never had any problems.

Social source share

I've used Western Union many times for Sellers who don't take Paypal but you have to be certain that the seller can be trusted because there is absolutely no comeback once you've sent them the payment.

Once you register with WU the payment is easy to make but usually needs you to phone confirmation to WU as well. Once you have completed the process it then requires the seller to collect the cash from their local WU office unlike the old bidpay that sent them a cheque in the post.

I would also warn that the charge from WU is quite steep...........about £15........so not really worth it unless the record is high value.

Good luck.

:thumbsup:

Social source share

I used it once years ago with a dealer with good feedback and there was no problem and no high charge either. More of a commssion than paypal . However it is open to scamming and Western Union advise not to use it with an unknown selller.

More detail here

Western Union scam

Given its bad rep on ebay I'm surpprised at dealers making it their "soul" method of payment which suggests they do wish to avoid refunds.

WU_header_logo.184.42.gif

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert