• Views 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

what was it released on, if ever.

just something i've always wondered but never dared to ask

Think is unissued in USA, but Ady used it for a 100 Club anniversary single. Even on Kent compilation with the same name, and Kent 7" (no anniversary)...

Am I right...?

Social source share

Guest Andy Kempster

Think is unissued in USA, but Ady used it for a 100 Club anniversary single. Even on Kent compilation with the same name, and Kent 7" (no anniversary)...

Am I right...?

i have it on kent 7" but never knew if it was ever out on anything else

Social source share

Am I right...?

Unissued Musicor recording, recorded at the same session as Don't Cry Sing Along With The Music

Social source share

Thanks to Dave Rimmer top website, here it is, Andy...

6T2 A - Melba Moore - The Magic Touch.

6T2 B - The Chuck Jackson Rhythm & Blues Ensemble - Little By Little.

The 1986 single comes out of New York with Melba Moore's fantastic unreleased dancer 'The Magic Touch', this is about as good as it gets for a Norther Soul record, a massive record for Ady at The 100 Club, backed with a brassy instrumental titled 'Little By Little' from the Chuck Jackson Rhythm & Blues Ensemble.

Social source share

Guest melandthensome

can somebody please pm me the mp3s of 'dont cry' and 'magic touch' as Melba Moore hasnt got them and a scan if possible.I posted a thread about this a while ago but got nothing at all......she would be grateful to hear them again.

I do hope someone can help here.

cheers

mel

Social source share

thats brilliant, thanks guys, so if it was 86 must have been the 7th anniversary single i guess

According with Dave's notes, it was the sixth anniversary, and the second single, as they started to have anniversary celebrative 45s the year after (5th anniversary-1985)...

Anyway, this is the link to Soulfulkindamusic site: https://www.soulfulkindamusic.net/100singles.htm

Hope it helps...

Edited by Roccia
Social source share

Guest Andy Kempster

can somebody please pm me the mp3s of 'dont cry' and 'magic touch' as Melba Moore hasnt got them and a scan if possible.I posted a thread about this a while ago but got nothing at all......she would be grateful to hear them again.

cheers

mel

i only have it on vinyl, i shall see if i can burn it to cd

Social source share

cheers

mel

Mel

She can hear it here mate https://www.soulclub.org/stream/Melba_Moore...Magic_Touch.ram

Just type in melba moore in artist and Don't Cry is there as well https://www.soulclub.org

:thumbsup:

Edited by richard
Social source share

Guest melandthensome

Allright mate

I am in contact with her manager as well so I could put it to him.....unfortunatley shes had some hard times but I am sure she would love to know theres still a lot of us over here diggin her music.

She has a my space etc will post it later if your interested mate. :thumbsup:

Social source share

Allright mate

I am in contact with her manager as well so I could put it to him.....unfortunatley shes had some hard times but I am sure she would love to know theres still a lot of us over here diggin her music.

She has a my space etc will post it later if your interested mate. :thumbsup:

Superb :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest Awake 502

cheers

mel

Scan......

post-1832-1169750300_thumb.jpg

Social source share

Guest Awake 502

Thanks 4 the scan mate

would love a scan of 'dont cry' if anyone can oblige........ :thumbsup:

How about this one, got lots of plays in the 80's.... :thumbsup:

post-1832-1169751436_thumb.jpg

Social source share

Am I right...?

Yes!!

Ady says -the title track was origanlly recorded by the Bobby Fuller Four on Mustang Records. However Bobby disliked the number, considering it a soul song not appropriate to his west coast rock style.

This then is the legendary lost soul version, the third recording on the 'Don't cry singalong with the music session of Melba Moore's on 17th May 1966. The other two tracks were pressed up as Musicor No1189, but for some inexplicable reason this beaut was left to languish into the vaults until the kent sourcers conjured it onto your dancefloors- unquote.

Sorry Mel looked out the LP the other day when I read your post and never got round to answering.

Social source share

Guest melandthensome

No probs Monique/Sue

didnt billy and the essentials do a version or am I getting mixed up with bobby fuller?

Edited by melandthensome
Social source share

Guest Netspeaky
I've played it out a few times off the Kent single without any complaints..... :thumbsup:
Why would you have any compliants it's the only way to play it on vinyl, that's what so bloody stupid of us, it's on a uk only so don't play it even though it's top notch northern, crazy. I spun it last time I DJ'd and would have given any complainer a mouth full for being so stupid, so should every other DJ. :thumbsup:
Social source share

didnt billy and the essentials do a version or am I getting mixed up with bobby fuller?

Hello mate, How are ya?

That was Don't Cry Sing A Long With The Music on Smash(Just sold the really poppy version by the Tokens on BT Puppy, on Evilbay). If you still need the MP3s of the 2 tracks, PM me.

All the best

Paul

Social source share

Why would you have any compliants it's the only way to play it on vinyl, that's what so bloody stupid of us, it's on a uk only so don't play it even though it's top notch northern, crazy. I spun it last time I DJ'd and would have given any complainer a mouth full for being so stupid, so should every other DJ. :thumbsup:

used to play the anniversary single a lot when I had one back in the 80's. anyone got one for sale :thumbsup:

Edited by chalky
Social source share

My itunes library is down at the moment but has anyone got an mp.3 of Melba's 'I Got Love' to put up too?

Edited by Simon White
Social source share

Guest melandthensome

Paul

it would be great to see ya again mate

hey.remember pete callanders SX225.

TAKE IT EASY MATE

mel :P

Edited by melandthensome
Social source share

Why would you have any compliants it's the only way to play it on vinyl, that's what so bloody stupid of us, it's on a uk only so don't play it even though it's top notch northern, crazy. I spun it last time I DJ'd and would have given any complainer a mouth full for being so stupid, so should every other DJ. :P

....because the Kent single is the third issue......but I love the record so much I don't care

Social source share

The "Horace's" release is dated '86. I bought it and Horace's 102 and 103 on 20th June '88 so presumably the song must have been issued first on something else in '86

Social source share

Guest melandthensome

Richard

I was told that Melba tours all over the place

would be great if someone could get her to come over here wouldnt it.....

mel

Social source share

I started playing it at the 100 Club on an acetate Kent had done for me and I got one for Keb at the same time which he played at Stafford and Leicester and around the country.

The anniversary single would have been 1986 and the Horaces release 1988. There were two or three presses on Horaces (later ones have bar codes) and eventually it came out on Kent I think in the nineties. It's still available on a Kent single with Dean's 'Bricks' on the flip.

Social source share

Thanks 4 the scan mate

would love a scan of 'dont cry' if anyone can oblige........ :wicked:

Hi Mel

I have only just seen this Post, here is a scan of "Don't Cry Sing Along With The Music"

Don't Cry Sing Along With The Music - Melba Moore - Musicor -

6210 refosoul Musicor_MU_1189a_DJ.jpg

Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert