Recomend Dj's

Guest andrew bin

I dont(jelousy) like djs who dont go anywhere,turn up wi`four mates all guests do a set and then they all bugger off.

Edited by ken
Social source share

• Replies 236
  • Views 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest Neil Taylor

:thumbsup: Hmm top djs eh!! well anybody who follows me always sounds good :D can,t work that one out yet wicked.gif LOL. Anyway this lot get,s me cranked up, CLIFF CAMFIELD, PAUL HARRIS, PHIL KOWALCZYK, FLANNY, MICK HOWARD, STE THOMAS and check out NEIL TAYLOR you won,t be disappointed im sure :lol: ENZO.

ENZO,.....THANKS FOR THROWING MY NAME IN WITH SOME OF THE COUNTRIES BEST UPFRONT SOUL D.J`S........WHAT A BUZZ

I PLAY WHAT I LIKE FIRSTLY,AND THEN I HOPE OTHERS FEEL IT AS WELL...SOMETIMES TO UPTEMPO,BUT HEY WHO GIVES A SHIT.

FOR ME STE THOMAS & KARL HEARD DO THE BUISNESS EVERY TIME,QUALITY IN YOUR FACE SOUL MUSIC THAT GETS YOUR BLOOD PUMPING QUICKER THAN ANY PARIS HILTON HOME MOVIE ...... :thumbsup: ...LOL

NEIL.... :D

Social source share

Good topic with some quality spinners being mentioned. Here in london from a Modern/Crossover perspective the following immediately come to mind, Tony Rounce,"Mental Soul`s" Gareth Donovan, Niki Golding and Mole, Steve Cole,"Soul Intent`s" Simon Murray,Paul Phillips and Gary Lee,Neil Forbes, "Soul of the Barrio`s" Dave Taylor and Roger Sanchez, Ivor Jones plus quite a few local collectors with excellent records who only occasionally get the chance to spin.Outside of London i have a lot of time for Andy Etheridge,Dave and Jordi Ripollis,Brian Goucher,Mick O Donnell and Steve Jackson.

As for Girth,s point regarding overseas dj`s at Monumental Soul i would welcome it. Maybe an increase of £1/2 on the admission for the night would help in covering the costs. I for one would have no problem in paying a little extra.

Mark Houghton

Social source share

Kev - Roger - under rated :thumbsup: Blimey, there's a Roger Banks Fan Club....we love Roger yes.gif and he's not a bad dj either - lol :lol: Jo

Jo,

I think Roger, should get a lot more bookings than what he does,I alway look forward to his set at a nighter,always some thing a bit different,like yourself :thumbsup:

Kind Regards,Kev.

Social source share

Guest Netspeaky
Might be an obvious answer but I'd say the better DJ's can do all of the above and will choose/tailor a set according to where and when they're playing and with consideration as to who they're DJ'ing alongside at any given venue. Intelligence is a primary requirement of a DJ imho. Some have it, some don't. :thumbsup:
Depends what you mean by intelligence, DJ's with degrees, I can just see some promoters interviewing DJ's before hiring them. It's all subjective of course what makes a good DJ, I've DJ'd for some 30 odd years , on and off the soul scene, lots of people think I'm good but then again I know a lot think I'm crap. :thumbsup:
Social source share

Me personally reading through various threads and everyone supporting their out look of "northern soul"whats your problem ...i know the scene as gone back to basics in northern strong holds through the country.But for gods sake if it wasnt for djs and promoters in the 80ts and early 90ts the scene wouldnt be as healthy as it is!.anyone beg to differ :thumbsup: .

Social source share

Good topic with some quality spinners being mentioned. Here in london from a Modern/Crossover perspective the following immediately come to mind, Tony Rounce,"Mental Soul`s" Gareth Donovan, Niki Golding and Mole, Steve Cole,"Soul Intent`s" Simon Murray,Paul Phillips and Gary Lee,Neil Forbes, "Soul of the Barrio`s" Dave Taylor and Roger Sanchez, Ivor Jones plus quite a few local collectors with excellent records who only occasionally get the chance to spin.Outside of London i have a lot of time for Andy Etheridge,Dave and Jordi Ripollis,Brian Goucher,Mick O Donnell and Steve Jackson.

As for Girth,s point regarding overseas dj`s at Monumental Soul i would welcome it. Maybe an increase of £1/2 on the admission for the night would help in covering the costs. I for one would have no problem in paying a little extra.

Mark Houghton

I'd include yer bad self in that lot Mark.......

Girf

Social source share

Guest Netspeaky

COME ON YOU NORTH WALIANS,WHAT ABOUT OUR OWN STEVE THOMAS FROM HOLYHEAD ,MASIVE COLLECTION AND A TOP BLOKE ALWAYS GOT TIME TO TALK ABOUT

RECORDS,

KEL THOMAS

;

N

T

A

Kel, I think you do a danny spot when you get behind the decks. :thumbsup:
Social source share

Mark Houghton

Oops, just realised i meant Victor Sanchez (i got confused with the house Dj !), Soory Victor !

Mark

Social source share

Me personally reading through various threads and everyone supporting their out look of "northern soul"whats your problem ...i know the scene as gone back to basics in northern strong holds through the country.But for gods sake if it wasnt for djs and promoters in the 80ts and early 90ts the scene wouldnt be as healthy as it is!.anyone beg to differ :thumbsup: .

I think the original poster was just asking people who they thought deserved more DJ spots...

So what Djs and promoters from the 80s & 90s do you think should be Djing more? :thumbsup:

Social source share

I think the original poster was just asking people who they thought deserved more DJ spots...

So what Djs and promoters from the 80s & 90s do you think should be Djing more? :thumbsup:

Dave Thorley.........whoever he is :thumbsup: Ady doesnt get the sets up north you would expect,why ohmy.gif and lastly seeing i`m getting no nominations,ME :lol:

Edited by ken
Social source share

Kitch, Cliff Steele, Andy Whitmore I've already mentioned. Maybe some of the Scots lads if they still have their collections :thumbsup:

Social source share

Kitch, Cliff Steele, Andy Whitmore I've already mentioned. Maybe some of the Scots lads if they still have their collections :thumbsup:

Mark Wilson. A totally forgotten name - to all but those in the know. And still has all his stuff as well.

Hammy

Social source share

Depends what you mean by intelligence, DJ's with degrees, I can just see some promoters interviewing DJ's before hiring them. It's all subjective of course what makes a good DJ, I've DJ'd for some 30 odd years , on and off the soul scene, lots of people think I'm good but then again I know a lot think I'm crap. :thumbsup:

Behind the decks, intelligence equates to common sense. If I have to explain it, then yes, you must be crap!! :thumbsup:laugh.gif:lol:

Social source share

Hi jumping joan this post is not political and" ken"whoever you are.As ive said people jump on the band wagon of "northernsoul".Ive been on the scene through thick and thin and been in some of the best company of people into norhern soul like in no particular order. Kev roberts, Rob wigley, tats taylor, jim wansoura ,rob and chris marriott who i know as one of the best northern soul collections in the country.As for your question jj Mark Bicknell and Tats taylor should be on the decks more often.

So what Djs and promoters from the 80s & 90s do you think should be Djing more?
:thumbsup:

Social source share

Hi jumping joan this post is not political and" ken"whoever you are.As ive said people jump on the band wagon of "northernsoul".Ive been on the scene through thick and thin and been in some of the best company of people into norhern soul like in no particular order. Kev roberts, Rob wigley, tats taylor, jim wansoura ,rob and chris marriott who i know as one of the best northern soul collections in the country.As for your question jj Mark Bicknell and Tats taylor should be on the decks more often.

Might see you at Tats birthday bash if yer`they`re,do say hello.

Social source share

Guest soul stormers

I'll echo Pete Lyster and Jason Bessant. Particularly fanciful of Mace - top man! Always had a soft spot for Steve Csordas too - excellent playlist every time. Ian from Taunton always puts together a fantastic set on the few occasions I've heard him play and everyone raves about him :thumbsup:

THANKS SOULGIRL ........SEE YOU SOON .....IAN

Social source share

I bet there isn't one single DJ amongst us who doesn't think they themselves should be booked more often!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:laugh.gif

I know loads that should get less bookings but i aint saying.

Social source share

If you're having a 50th birthday party you won't go wrong with this little combination

...Andy BB, PJ Paul Johnson, Pete Widdison, Pete Burton, Pete Hullatt, Steve Guarnori and Molly....and Taffy ain't half bad either.... :thumbsup:

I thought it was a great line up considering you told me you only booked them cos they were cheap :thumbsup:

Start a new thread Ken....... DJs who get bookings but shouldn't......

Rbman wicked.gif

QoFxx

Social source share

I thought it was a great line up considering you told me you only booked them cos they were cheap :P

Rbman :wicked:

QoFxx

Cheap,I said i wanted a pakcet of fags.........notice i`m not on the list mellow.gif

Edited by ken
Social source share

Guest stromberg

there are loads of fantastic dj' out there that deseve more spots, who would you recomend

i have loads, heres a few

Wazz, top bloke superb collection plays accross the board northern RnB and a little modren/crossover :P

Pete Lyster, top bloke also with superb collection plays accross the board and quality northern :wicked:

Jason Bessant, one of the best motown collections play all motown and some lovely early motown/RnB thumbsup.gif

Mike Wilks, again lovely bloke fantastic collection plays accross the board has some lovely stuff :thumbsup:

Mark Thomas lovely quiet bloke superb RnB collection plays 100% quality RnB

i can't recomend any of these highly enough :thumbsup: (i also don't want to categorise them)

i'll put some more up later

i'm glad i'm not a dj :yes:

to my ears Chris Anderton is a great deejay and a very nice guy, but he probably gets a lot of bookings, so maybe that is why nobody has mentioned him yet :huh:

Social source share

to my ears Chris Anderton is a great deejay and a very nice guy, but he probably gets a lot of bookings, so maybe that is why nobody has mentioned him yet :wicked:

I aint seen him smile yet!! :P

Social source share

Guest Netspeaky
Behind the decks, intelligence equates to common sense. If I have to explain it, then yes, you must be crap!! :P:wicked:laugh.gif
If intelligence equates to common sense, why didn't you use it in your thread instead :thumbsup::thumbsup::huh:
Social source share

I wasn't aware i asked you a political question rarestags...(sorry i don't know your name).

I... too... have been on the scene through thick and thin.. as have a good number of people on here... and i too have spent much of that time in great company.. including all the people you have listed.

And... i agree Tats has incredible taste.. and awesome records... can't remember the last time i saw him at a northern soul allnighter though... plus i'm not really sure how much he would want to DJ on the northern side of things again anyway.

I'm with you though... the soul scene would be a much richer place with people like Tats and Rob in it :P

Social source share

They must have paid him enough. :P

They probably paid him nowt, he works for them. Agreed on Chris, top lad, great great taste in music. :wicked:

Edited by Dodger
Social source share

Guest Leigh J

I wasn't aware i asked you a political question rarestags...(sorry i don't know your name).

I... too... have been on the scene through thick and thin.. as have a good number of people on here... and i too have spent much of that time in great company.. including all the people you have listed.

And... i agree Tats has incredible taste.. and awesome records... can't remember the last time i saw him at a northern soul allnighter though... plus i'm not really sure how much he would want to DJ on the northern side of things again anyway.

I'm with you though... the soul scene would be a much richer place with people like Tats and Rob in it :P

Hi Joan , Remember The Old Days When We Just Got On With It ? No Mobile Phones , No Computers Just Soulin' All Weekend , Politics Yes But Not Like All This , Its Gone Mad !

What Do You Think ?

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert