Morris Chestnut At Prestatyn

I am looking forward to Prestatyn next month, as I am sure everyone else is....now this guy Morris Chestnut is singing for us Soul fans and I must admit, I am familar with "too darn Soulful" and "Why shouldn't a man cry" but I would really appreciate a bit of help here (and a few downloads) from collectors and DJs (for obvious reasons?)

The guy has an amazing voice and I would like to hear more of his work!

Many thanks in advance, Mossy

the_attractions.mp3

Edited by mossy
Social source share

• Replies 23
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

If he only sings TDS, it should be enough.

Dont forget these guys probably never sang these tracks outside NS weekenders.

If I was going, Id buy Moz a pint and tell him Ive sung TDS about 10,000 x more than him and still mix up the sweet, meat, neat, and charm.

Let him know he is a real STAR in our world.

Ed

Social source share

Bio by John Smith on Morris Chestnut recently added to Prestatyn 2007 site

clip and link below

Weekender Information :: The Artists

Morris Chestnut by John Smith

Summary:A look at the soul history of Morris Chestnut

MORRIS CHESTNUT

Only the most gritty of soul singers would qualify to be described as just 'too darn soulful'. Morris Chestnut, the guy who cut the song of this name, only ever recorded a small number of tracks as a solo singer. However, he has enjoyed an extended career in the music business. Born in Tulsa, Oklahoma, he started out singing in school. He then went into the Services, being posted to Hawaii with the Air Force. After his discharge, he ended up in Los Angeles where he met up with members of the doo wop group, the Vows. His cousin Ralph was a member of the group that had a record released on Markay in 1961, this being produced by George Motola. Via the Vows, Morris got to know Motola, who impressed, signed Morris to his L&M label. Using the Vows on backing vocals, Motola cut Morris on a song he had written himself, "I Need Somebody", this being released under the name of James Washington Lee. Musical styles were moving on...

https://www.soul-weekenders.co.uk/prestatyn2007/index.php

Social source share

DEE DEE Sharp

Prince philip mitchel

Morris chestnut

roy roberts

Melisa morgan

plus some surprise guest if all goes well !

Rob & Karen

Perfect

Thanks for the info.

Loll

Social source share

Tell Me - the vows - vip

13819 refosoul Refosoul Rare and Northern Soul Clip library

soo underated and under played.

steve

fantastic sound, how much is that one!

Social source share

In the book at £200, but would have thought you can pick em up for half of that.. Be careful not to get a demo coz it only got "buttered Popcorn" both sides

I would have thought £100 about right now personally althought it is creeping up. Was a steady £75 for ages not so long ago and have seen one recently at that price, also one at £150.

Social source share

Guest niallcrowley

I'm sure everybody here knows the answer to this question except me, but is the great Morris Chestnut related to the Hollywood actor of the same name?

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert