Records Pressed With Wrong Title Etc

Guest Awake 502

Guest Awake 502

Having a search through a few boxes and came across a few records with obvious errors in the pressings.

Here's a strange one, any more ?

post-1832-1169597438_thumb.jpg

Social source share

• Replies 33
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Having a search through a few boxes and came across a few records with obvious errors in the pressings.

Hi

There is also "LEO'S MOOD" Stock Copy & "TWO MANY FISH IN THE SEA" Stock Copy - I'm not sure if there are DEMO's.

I have these two for Tamla T-54105, both are slightly different but have the correct Title, so it might just be the Stock Copies.

Tamla_T-54105a_DJ-1.jpgTamla_T-54105a_DJ-2.jpg

Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

Craig, I think you will find that the 'Craked' spelt copy of this is infact a bootleg/pressing as the original is spelt correctly as in 'Cracked', pretty sure this is correct.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Sorry Mark but the CRAKED UP are originals.. spelt wrong on DJ and stock copies. Correct spelling is dog-rare!

Social source share

I can't remember the numbers, but a couple of the early SOUL Label Singles

came out with AMY MALA BELL at the bottom of the Label.

Some were blanked out, some not.

These two from March 1965 were two of them:

SOUL 35010 - Hit Pack - Never Say No To Your Baby / Let's Dance

SOUL 35011 - Freeman Brothers - My Baby / Beautiful Brown Eyes

Seems too much of a coincidence to me that The Freeman Brothers also released a 45 on Mala at about the same time... what was the deal there? Does anyone have the Vol. 5 of the "Complete Motown Singles" box-set and can check out what the booklet says?

Social source share

Forget Mis-spelt how about - All the labels A& Bside are right but the bloddy record plays some thing totally different and I dont mean in agood way like Paul Sindab

I just Got- Wales Wallace - People sure act funny on Now records which is 1975 but this record plays some rockabilly and a country track from the 60s Im sure. Weird or what!

Social source share

Forget Mis-spelt how about - All the labels A& Bside are right but the bloddy record plays some thing totally different and I dont mean in agood way like Paul Sindab

I just Got- Wales Wallace - People sure act funny on Now records which is 1975 but this record plays some rockabilly and a country track from the 60s Im sure. Weird or what!

I've got a Mirwood record at home with the same track pressed on both sides although the labels show what should be the correct tracks.....but aren't...does that make any sense?

Social source share

Guest Awake 502

I forgot about Paul Sindab... Can you tell by looking at the label ?

This is mine that actually plays "Candy in the sand"

post-1832-1169662947_thumb.jpg

Social source share

These two from March 1965 were two of them:

SOUL 35010 - Hit Pack - Never Say No To Your Baby / Let's Dance

SOUL 35011 - Freeman Brothers - My Baby / Beautiful Brown Eyes

Seems too much of a coincidence to me that The Freeman Brothers also released a 45 on Mala at about the same time... what was the deal there? Does anyone have the Vol. 5 of the "Complete Motown Singles" box-set and can check out what the booklet says?

Thanks, I remember seeing them years ago but couldn't remember the titles. :thumbsup:

Social source share

I bought this one off ebay a couple of years ago.

Actually plays "Keep Off, No Tresspassing" both sides.

Tamla_T-54166_DJ-1.jpg

I don't know how many were like this with the Globe Tamla, or whether there are any "Here I Am Baby" both Sides.

I found another which is a Monarch West Coast TAMLA, it plays "Here I Am", both sides as expected.

Tamla_T-54166_DJ-2.jpg

It makes me wonder if they considered "Keep Off, No Tresspassing as the "A Side"

Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

Volcanos

(It’s against) The laws of love / (It’s against) The rules of love

Hyperions

Why you wanna treat me the way you do / Why you wanna treat me like you do

MILESTONES

The Jokey / The joker

Clyde McPhater

Lonely people can afford to cry / Lonely people can’t afford to cry

Jackie Wilson

Nothing but blue skies / Nothing But Heartaches

Linda Griner

Good-by cruel love / Good-by cruel world

Jack Montgomery

Dearly beloved / My dear beloved

Social source share

I had a Brunswick ( 55381 ) yellow / black Demo of Jackie Wilson " I Get The Sweetest Feeling " / " Nothing But Blue Skies " with " NBBS " labelled as " Nothing But Heartaches " .......

Malc

Social source share

I had a Brunswick ( 55381 ) yellow / black Demo of Jackie Wilson " I Get The Sweetest Feeling " / " Nothing But Blue Skies " with " NBBS " labelled as " Nothing But Heartaches " .......

Malc

Hi

AMY 981 is Styrene with a "B" Matrix STAMPED in the Deadwax Has the Labels Reversed

AMY_AMY-981b_DJ.jpg

There are two DEMO's, one of which does look like a Stock Copy from the "TOO DARN SOULFUL" side. AMY_981b_DJ.jpg

However, it has "PLUG SIDE" on the "YOU DON'T LOVE ME ANYMORE" Side.

981 Is a styrene Monarch & Delta # 65704 on one side & 65704-X the other.

The strange thing is (considering that the other DEMO has the Labels Reversed) is that the PLUG SIDE has 65704-X.

The -X following a Delta Number, normally denotes the B Side?

Social source share

I've got a Mirwood record at home with the same track pressed on both sides although the labels show what should be the correct tracks.....but aren't...does that make any sense?

I had (assume still do) a 'Belles - Don't Pretend' with the same label on both sides, but it was pressed with both sides to play. I used to have to listen in the middle before cueing it, to work out if it was the right track :rolleyes: .

Another mispelt was

Choice of Color - 'You Love' (which I think also came out as 'Your Love')

m

Social source share

There's also "Just Another Heartbreak" by Little Richie on SS7.

Some UK Darrell Banks demos on Stateside credit "Open The Door Of Your Heart".

Psychedelic Soul by Saxie Russell was also released on a misprinted "TOMAS" label.

Edited by Gene-R
Social source share

Guest vinylvixen

Carl Hall on Mercury....

My Baby's so good/ What's come over you

On the white demo, you get the stunning heart wrenching beat ballad B side 'What's come over you'....on red issue, you get the same 'What's come over you' title printed on the label, but what comes out of the speakers is something completely different... :P

Jo

Social source share

Guest Andy Kempster

i've got the montclairs - hung up on your love - paula, with completely the wrong label on, cant remember what title is on the label but it still says montclairs just not the right song

Social source share

Guest the dukester

I forgot about Paul Sindab... Can you tell by looking at the label ?

This is mine that actually plays "Candy in the sand"

ISNT IT SAME WITH THE JOHNNY BARTEL & THE SOUL MASTERS ON SOLID STATE LABELS ARE REVERSED???

IF THIS ISNT LOVE/I WAITED TOO LONG

PERHAPS J.MANSHIP COULD CONFIRM?

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert