• Replies 551
  • Views 44.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest melandthensome

Can anyone please tell me if there was ever any demo's of Gwen and Ray's 'build your house on a strong foundation' on Bee Bee.........

Social source share

cool.gif -->

QUOTE(Geoff B @ Jan 23 2007, 07:37 PM) link
Is this ok for ya.

Thanks Geoff,

Thought there was a w/d which brings me back to my question.... I've a red label demo with Disc Jockey

Advance sample on the Girls World side, not on I'll be your winner. Rare or common?

Social source share

Here's one to file alongside it...

Rarely see U.S. copies of this but have seen loads of UK Beacon on several label colours.

post-1281-1169762873_thumb.jpg

When I found my White DEMO in the 70's, there were 2 copies together, AND both have the RED X'S on the Label, same as your scan. :unsure:

I wonder if anyone has a clean copy. I found the Stock Copy at the Same Time as the DEMO's.

One thing that is odd about the Romur Label is the Numbering System.

The B Side of the U.K. BEACON Is "RECIPE FOR LOVE" which is of course the B Side of "Be's That Way Sometimes" on Romur.

Imagine if they had chosen "Be's That Way Sometimes" for the B Side of the U.K. Issue Instead :no:

Romur_R0001a.jpg

Romur_R0011a_DJ.jpgRomur_R0011a.jpg

Beacon_3-102aY.jpgBeacon_BEA_102a.jpg

I have scanned just 2 of the label colours on U.K. BEACON

Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

It's also a shame the sound quality isn't much better on the demo either!!

This has just reminded me Tony, years ago I got a few copies of this off mr. domar, & like you say poor sound quality, except one, for some strange reason it was as clear as a bell. wish i'd kept it now, but the offer at the time of ten quid was too great to resist.

Social source share

Hi Rod

I have only just bought these two, I don't thnk that they are rare,

but as I was curious about the GW-25 & GW-27 I couldn't resist them.

As with the Ric-Tic Label, certain numbers appear to be without a DEMO. :D

Hi All

I have just had a look on

Popsike.Com

4035529417.jpg4051611960.jpg

Popsike.Com --------------------------------------------------- Popsike.Com

It would appear that as with GW-27, there are copies about with the DEMO sticker, but no White DEMO

Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

I have mentioned this before, check out the comments on this >>> Link <<<

Does this suggest that The Show Stoppers & The Four Perfections are the same group.

PartyTime_PT-1001-A.jpg

Hi Roger .

The Four Perfections were not the same group as the Showstoppers as far as I know. Melvin Steals and his brother were part of The Four Perfections, we met him in NJ on Soultrip USA. Archie Bell introduced us thus.... "That guy over there used to be in a group back in the day with one of his brothers. They were pretty good. Hey Melvin...what was the name of the group you and your brother ran with?"

"The Four Perfections"

Could have knocked me down with limp stick!

Great stuff!

Regards,

Dave

www.theresthatbeat.com

www.hitsvillesoulclub.com

Social source share

Hi Roger .

The Four Perfections were not the same group as the Showstoppers as far as I know. Melvin Steals and his brother were part of The Four Perfections, we met him in NJ on Soultrip USA. Archie Bell introduced us thus.... "That guy over there used to be in a group back in the day with one of his brothers. They were pretty good. Hey Melvin...what was the name of the group you and your brother ran with?"

"The Four Perfections"

Could have knocked me down with limp stick!

Great stuff!

Regards,

Dave

www.theresthatbeat.com

Hi Dave

Thanks for the Information, so good to hear of chance meetings like this when trying to pieces things together. :D

Social source share

Wasnt one of the Showstoppers SOLOMON BURKES brother?

Hi Ian,

I think the group contained TWO of the Burke brothers at one stage. Carl Fisher (of the Vibrations), wrote their hit "Ain't Nothing But A Houseparty". He also wrote a couple of other little ditties "Storm Warning" and The Laws Of Love" ofor The Volcanos. Wonder where he is now...in fact I'm off to find out! thumbsup.gif

Regards,

Dave

www.theresthatbeat.com

Social source share

Final one for today...

C. L. Blast came out on U.S. Stax (blue record stack label), but here's an issue on the Stax subsidary "HIP"

Same tracks on both issues, but the flipside title is shortened slightly on the HIP issue.

HIP appeared to issue mainly White 'Hippy' music, so it's a bit puzzling this turning up on the label.

No one I've quizzed about this seems to know of it's existence.

post-1281-1169918857_thumb.jpg

Social source share

Another ABC one that seems to be hard on issue....

post-1283-1169676122_thumb.jpg

Hi

You're right about the Stock Copy, I have never seen one.

I have Two DEMO's of this, both like Torvil & Deans practice rink with loads of light scratches.

Your Picture On The Wall - Orthea Barnes -

12336 refosoul ABC_Paramount_45-10434a.jpg

However they play brilliantly. Yet I have a couple of records that appear MINT visually, but sound terrible. :thumbsup:

And NO, One of them Isn't a Britney Spears. :thumbsup: Still chuckling at that, can't remember which thread though. :yes:

P.S. Found It, Quote of 2006, Thanks Sean , >>> Link <<<

"that look amazing but sound bloody awful.... Sort of a vinyl equivalent of Brittney Spears!"

Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

Guest melandthensome

Could never get my head 'round that Orthea Barnes 45

always remember when it was played a mate of mine from Shropshire had it covered up and was asking mega-bucks for it........stiill cant get my head 'round it.....just my personal thoughts on it...'Take my heart and soul' for me is a far better choon thats why I have a demo of it and still spin it today.

Edited by melandthensome
Social source share

Guest melandthensome

pikeys dog

I had one of them a few years ago on Hip and posted a Hip records discog on a forum think it was Soul Talk .

pottsy

is the Lorraine Rudolph a Dancer

cheers

mel

Social source share

pikeys dog

I had one of them a few years ago on Hip and posted a Hip records discog on a forum think it was Soul Talk .

pottsy

is the Lorraine Rudolph a Dancer

cheers

mel

Hi mel,

Yes it is mate, & still a bargain in my books. should get one for between a score & thirty quid.

Perhaps someone would be good enough to post a sound clip, as i cant at the moment thumbsup.gif

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert