Ady Potts

• Replies 551
  • Views 44.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Bit of related info required. Was Jimmey Soul Clarke I'll be your Winner on a white promo ?

I've a red label which I've never taken much notice of & assumed was an issue :wicked: but a couple of years ago noticed that on A Girls World, Promotion copy is printed but not on "Winner" side ?

Is this rare or common..ish

Thanks

Dave

Is this ok for ya.

post-4019-1169581019_thumb.jpg

Social source share

Any one got a photo of the Larry Clinton issue

The last time I had it in my mits was about 10 years ago and from what I remember the label lay-out is the same as the WD except the 'D.J. COPY NOT FOR SALE' is missing, and the label is red (about the same shade as Impact issues)

Social source share

The last time I had it in my mits was about 10 years ago and from what I remember the label lay-out is the same as the WD except the 'D.J. COPY NOT FOR SALE' is missing, and the label is red (about the same shade as Impact issues)

Think Spenna had Eddie Holmans own copy dont know where it went

Social source share

Guest Awake 502

My Sam Moultrie is black with all of the print/logo in Silver...

'Nashville' stamped, so which is the first issue?

Only ever seen a couple with blue writing, got it from Soul Bowl around 1980...

Social source share

Quite an obvious answer really aint it :P

I mean some of the demos that are about on MGM that only fetch £30 or say, they must have pressed up 1000's no wonder they never sold any issues, they give every one free demos so they fcuked their own market up :D

What happened tp Spyder Turner then?

Social source share

Guest Awake 502

This one ? or the "Alive with a loving feeling" that is rumoured to exist on a U.S. copy ?

post-1832-1169600719_thumb.jpg

Edited by Awake 502
Social source share

A few different scans, rarer on issue ??

post-1832-1169595670_thumb.jpg

My Sam Moultrie is black with all of the print/logo in Silver...

'Nashville' stamped, so which is the first issue?

Hi

I got these from Soul Bowl, however I believe that the Blue Lettering WARREN Stock Copy is the rare one.

I'll Always Love You - Sam Moultrie -

10255"]

Warren_WAA-108a_DJ.jpgWarren_WAA-108a.jpg

Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

Re the Willie Hutch issue. I have a copy and when I got it back in the 80's I sold another copy to Paul Johnson from Bolton for £40. So that's 2.

If anyone noticed my efforts to download Tamiko Jones were fruitless,although I did manage to scan it into "Photo and Imaging gallery" ,whatever that is.

Mark,next time I come up maybe you can show me what to do.

Didn't post info on Willie Hutch yesterday cos I went to my stepson's passing out parade at RAF Halton. Station commander was changing at the same time so we got to see a fly past by a spitfire not far above our heads.

As I sat in the reviewing stands and heard the roar of the plane coming out of the sun I couldn't help thinking that if it turned out to be a Messerschmitt we were all fcuked!!

ROD

Social source share

Re the Willie Hutch issue. I have a copy and when I got it back in the 80's I sold another copy to Paul Johnson from Bolton for £40. So that's 2.

If anyone noticed my efforts to download Tamiko Jones were fruitless,although I did manage to scan it into "Photo and Imaging gallery" ,whatever that is.

Didn't post info on Willie Hutch yesterday cos I went to my stepson's passing out parade at RAF Halton. Station commander was changing at the same time so we got to see a fly past by a spitfire not far above our heads.

As I sat in the reviewing stands and heard the roar of the plane coming out of the sun I couldn't help thinking that if it turned out to be a Messerschmitt we were all fcuked!!

ROD

:P Rod if you go onto the forum page & about second up from the bottom is :a forum for testing why not go & have a practice with loading pictures. bet you've got loads that you could post pictures of.

Social source share

ROD

No problem Rod, it's not that difficult.....lol took me ages to work it out though, see you soon.

Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

Pete, like i said somewhere in my tiny brain memory banks i thought it was issued, we must have seen it way back and not really taken any notice as when i got my demo about 25 years ago i had no reason to seek an issue, quality tune on either copy.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Very interesting thread, although i've never really understood the whole issue / demo collecting thing. As Mark said above, 25 years ago he wouldn't have had the need to hunt down an issue or demo. Just having the record in an original format was good enough. And it takes all these years to recognise how scarce one format is over another. When did this start to happen ???.

Also, anyone know the reasoning behind the major label 'same both side' demo's of the 70s ??? who decided which side to demo and which to relegate to the issue only. On occasions needing their ears cleaned out :thumbsup: .

Cheers Girth

Social source share

Very interesting thread, although i've never really understood the whole issue / demo collecting thing. As Mark said above, 25 years ago he wouldn't have had the need to hunt down an issue or demo. Just having the record in an original format was good enough. And it takes all these years to recognise how scarce one format is over another. When did this start to happen ???.

Cheers Girth

Hi Girth,

To be honest I dont think anything has changed in that respect, nearly everyone's just happy to get the record on an issue or a demo, so long as it plays o.k., I know I am. I only know 3 people where it has to be a particular format. But I do find it interesting as a collector to see an unusual label, or a label design, one i've not seen before. That's all part of collecting :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest the dukester

Perhaps not a mega rare 45 but a nice issue and pretty hard to find, fantastic double header and i reckon i had a stroke of luck picking this up last year for about twenty quid?

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

I would like this for about £20 :thumbsup:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert