• Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Keep coming back for more - lorraine rudolph - jet stream

14070 refosoul

Class !!

Class indeed..... thumbsup.gif .....love how she pours it out going into the fade....a great record.

Social source share

Guest melandthensome

Cheers Awake..... thumbsup.gif

by the way mate do you have a Eddie parker on Awake 502 then.......absolute great track and then some.

Edited by melandthensome
Social source share

Hi

Mala_544b_DJ.jpg

Another B Side

Anyone know if a Stock Copy exists for Tobi Legend.

I have scanned the two that I have by her, both have the same B Side "HEARTBREAKER".

I guess that these were the only three tracks cut as Tobi Legend

Mala_591a_DJ.jpg

Mala_M-12-003a_DJ.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have had a look on Popsike, where I noticed this DEMO, which is slightly different to the others, but No Stock Copy.

Popsike.Com

4887300089.jpg

If the same applies with this, as with Morris Chestnut, it would appear that two different pressing plants were involved.

One copy having the AMY or MALA before the Number & the other just having the Number.

Morris Chestnut as we know, did have a Blue Stock Copy.

There are two DEMO's, one of which does look like a Stock Copy from the "TOO DARN SOULFUL" side. AMY_981b_DJ.jpg

However, it has "PLUG SIDE" on the "YOU DON'T LOVE ME ANYMORE" Side.

981 Is a styrene Monarch & Delta # 65704 on one side & 65704-X the other.

The strange thing is (considering that the other DEMO has the Labels Reversed) is that the PLUG SIDE has 65704-X.

The -X following a Delta Number, normally denotes the B Side?

AMY 981 is Styrene with a "B" Matrix STAMPED in the Deadwax Has the Labels Reversed

AMY_AMY-981b_DJ.jpg

The Blue Label AMY Stock copy is the rarest and hardest to obtain. A Friend of mine had this years ago, the only time I've seen one, other than a scan.

I've got both DEMO's in the collection, the Blue AMY Stock Copy is virtually impossible, hope you find one.

The Blue AMY scan below is from Popsike.com

4838961886.jpg

IT'S ALWAYS WORTH A LOOK ON POPSIKE.COM WHEN VALUING RECORDS

Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

I met a guy a few Years ago, who was one of the Supervisors at the RCA pressing plant in Indiana during the 1960's. As you'd imagine all promo's were freebies, sent out (and then forgotten about) to Radio Stations, D.J.'s and the like, whereas Issues were sent out on sale or return. once returned to the plant, the centre was punched out and the vinyl then recycled to make more records. I'd hazard a guess that many of the other Major's employed the same system.

Des Parker

Social source share

I met a guy a few Years ago, who was one of the Supervisors at the RCA pressing plant in Indiana during the 1960's. As you'd imagine all promo's were freebies, sent out (and then forgotten about) to Radio Stations, D.J.'s and the like, whereas Issues were sent out on sale or return. once returned to the plant, the centre was punched out and the vinyl then recycled to make more records. I'd hazard a guess that many of the other Major's employed the same system.

Des Parker

Hi

Thanks, that would explain a lot. :wicked:

Social source share

Des Parker

Explains how scarce these are then...

post-1281-1170276228_thumb.jpg

post-1281-1170276256_thumb.jpg

Social source share

• 1 month later...

The Blue Label AMY Stock copy is the rarest and hardest to obtain. A Friend of mine had this years ago, the only time I've seen one, other than a scan.

I've got both DEMO's in the collection, the Blue AMY Stock Copy is virtually impossible, hope you find one.

The Blue AMY scan below is from Popsike.com

4838961886.jpg

https://www.popsike.com/php/quicksearch.php...x=0&y=0

Just catching up with some threads and this has just brought back some painful memories :unsure: ....

That one was mine.... now having one of those "I wish I hadn't sold that" moments :fool: ....

Social source share

Guest Michael Higgins

Puts our various selections of scruffy RCA whites into the shade! The Robert Walker scan is stunning (as is the track itself).

Explains how scarce these are then...
Social source share

Here's one to file alongside it...

Rarely see U.S. copies of this but have seen loads of UK Beacon on several label colours.

Ay up Pikey...........did you see the minter i got for less than a tenner,you was sat next to me.

Social source share

Guest Soul Sid

Is that yours Ted ?

Only one I've seen is Gingers copy. How many are there ?

Paul Johnson from Bolton had Willie Hutch on an issue.I can remember

him selling it to Bob Burton for£30.00 about20 yrs ago, at The Wheel.

Sid

Social source share

Guest mel brat

rarer issue's...

Cats/mecca classic...

post-4950-1172960508_thumb.jpg

And some for Mecca/Seventies fans (for a change!)

post-4950-1172960170_thumb.jpg

post-4950-1172960357_thumb.jpg

post-4950-1172960406_thumb.jpg

post-4950-1172960430_thumb.jpg

post-4950-1172960457_thumb.jpg

Edited by mel brat
Social source share

Guest mel brat

I thought Searlings was the same as this one Dazz...certainly someone at Wigan had this one, remember taking a peep at it on the decks

Funny you should mention it, as I remember having a similar peep at a copy of Morris Chestnut that Richard was playing back in early 1974! - it was a pink demo and the labels were reversed (as many copies are) I remember it vividly because it was the first time I'd looked at a copy of what was then the biggest sound around. :shades: I dare say he had several copies over the years though...

I later obtained a copy which was a regular demo, again with reversed labels, however I no longer have one at all! (sob!) :D

Edited by mel brat
Social source share

Guest mel brat

Hi

Now that is RARE, Here are the other labels. :D

You Got To Pay The Price - Gloria Taylor -

13327 refosoul Silver_Foz_FOX-14a_B.jpgSilver_Foz_FOX-14a_DJ.jpgSilver_Foz_FOX-14a.jpg

Glo-Whiz_1a_DJ.jpgGlo-Whiz_1a.jpg

I was SO THRILLED to get a copy on UK Polydor when I was about 16/17 ha ha! However I still really love this record to bits, and my Polydor copy stays close to my heart, and in my "all-time fave's" box, to this day!

Edited by mel brat
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Brilliant RCA Stock Copy Extremely Rare and sought after.

There's just something so Special about the RCA Stock Copies, finding them ain't easy though.

Nice European Patti Austin copy too.

Got Elvis "any day now" on RCA stokcer,i aint seen anybody else with one :thumbsup:

Social source share

Another rare issue...

I used to have a slower version of the Natural Four on Boola Boola, a west coast label i think, Does anyone know anything about it?. Haven`t got it any more, sold it years ago. Curious about it as i haven`t seen another one since. Is it the original version speeded up for ABC release or the other way round.

Mark

Social source share

• 7 months later...

i hope this is the right thread for this. there seems to be an emense wealth of knowledge on this site and would be grateful if i could get any information of some records i have. this is a genuine request as my knowledge is close to zero compared to others on this site. thanks in advance

firstly, i have a copy of F. chevez that looks the same as the picture below. the side shown has scatched numbers in the runout. the flip has scratched numbers but also has a stamp (MR). is this real or boot?

Look_1010a_DJ-1.jpg

the following scans i would appreciate any info on

CIMG2014.jpgCIMG2015.jpgCIMG2016.jpgCIMG2018.jpgCIMG2019.jpgCIMG2021.jpgCIMG2024.jpgCIMG2025.jpgCIMG2026.jpg

Social source share

firstly, i have a copy of F. chevez that looks the same as the picture below. the side shown has scatched numbers in the runout. the flip has scratched numbers but also has a stamp (MR). is this real or boot?

Hi Mike the boot of Freddie Chazez is styrene and has a delta number 101310 I think I am right in saying that the MR stamp is the mark of Monarch records of Los Angeles. The original is vinyl with a moulded over label. Hope this helps. :thumbsup:

Social source share

Hi Mike the boot of Freddie Chazez is styrene and has a delta number 101310 I think I am right in saying that the MR stamp is the mark of Monarch records of Los Angeles. The original is vinyl with a moulded over label. Hope this helps. :thumbsup:

thank you. that'll be a boot i've got then :yes:

Social source share

Pameline_2010a_G.jpg

Okay posted these about a year ago but here they are again:

Sheppards issue and demo, both on ABC paramount (as oppose to the later ABC logo)

post-1283-1207004310_thumb.jpg

post-1283-1207004348_thumb.jpg

Social source share

i hope this is the right thread for this. there seems to be an emense wealth of knowledge on this site and would be grateful if i could get any information of some records i have. this is a genuine request as my knowledge is close to zero compared to others on this site. thanks in advance

the following scans i would appreciate any info on

CIMG2014.jpgCIMG2015.jpgCIMG2016.jpgCIMG2018.jpgCIMG2019.jpgCIMG2021.jpgCIMG2024.jpgCIMG2025.jpgCIMG2026.jpg

Regarding the FREDDIE CHAVEZ Delta #101310 on Styrene is a BOOT. There is another BOOT on Vinyl.

The Original is on Vinyl. I will scan the Matrix Later.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Regarding the George Carrow

CIMG2014.jpg

I have just started a thread about this one, in "The Sharp End Of Vinyl"

>>> GEORGE CARROW <<<

I will be adding extra Information, but I am on Nights so I will post Later.

Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

PartyTime_PT-1001-A.jpg

Nice to see these two together. :lol:

Out of interest, I havn't seen a Showstoppers DEMO on Partytime, only Stock Copies.

I had a BellSound test pressing of this which was overlayed onto a PartyTime label (you could just see it at the edge) but the typed details on the label indicated a Showtime release - so may well not have been demo'd on PartyTime.

Paul

***NB This relates to the Ain't nothing but a houseparty***

Edited by our kid
Social source share

I used to have a slower version of the Natural Four on Boola Boola, a west coast label i think, Does anyone know anything about it?. Haven`t got it any more, sold it years ago. Curious about it as i haven`t seen another one since. Is it the original version speeded up for ABC release or the other way round.

Mark

Yes!!i have had three of em`,and i would say niether its a different recording.

Social source share

I had a BellSound test pressing of this which was overlayed onto a PartyTime label (you could just see it at the edge) but the typed details on the label indicated a Showtime release - so may well not have been demo'd on PartyTime.

Paul

Thanks for this Information,

I think this is possibly the only type of DEMO in existence for the Party Time Copy.

Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

I've always wanted to know why things on the major lables MGM RCA ect are always rarer on issue than demo huh.gif such major lable have a big bit of clout behind them money wise, so why did they always press up more demos seems backwards to me, but there 'should' be thousands of the issues around (but obviously they are not) thoughts any one?

I thought the big labels offered record stores/distributers a "sale or return" deal on issues, much like shops get with newspapers.

No demos could be returned because they were free to dj's /radio stations etc.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert