Barry Darvell

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Guest TONY ROUNCE

...I know, but someone might have one stuck in the back of their sales box somewhere:

BARRY DARVELL - KING FOR TONIGHT (US ATLANTIC)

Issue or demo 'll do, not fussed which as long as it's EX or better.

Ta for looking,

TONE

Social source share

• Replies 13
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Cant help with this one Tone but have you heard "I found a daisy" on World Artists? If that tune only had a black vocal, monster. :D

Good luck with your search

BH

PS Im gonna put it up next time its blue eyed stuff.

lovely record Blake

Social source share

...I know, but someone might have one stuck in the back of their sales box somewhere:

Ta for looking,

TONE

Pretty sure I brought this a little while ago....by accident

will have a look over the weekend, cant promise...but it's a freebie to you if It's still here

best

Linda

Social source share

Guest kid mohair

will have a look over the weekend, cant promise...but it's a freebie to you if It's still here

best

Linda

dont suppose you got banny price has a freebie ? no need to post i will pick it up from hideaway......... :D Andy.

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

best

Linda

You've probably guessed, if you've heard it, that it's something I need for a work-related project, rather than for any extended home listening.

Whether you find it or not, you're tops in my book for looking and - of course - for offering the freebie ... :D

TONE

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Cant help with this one Tone but have you heard "I found a daisy" on World Artists? If that tune only had a black vocal, monster. :D

Good luck with your search

BH

PS Im gonna put it up next time its blue eyed stuff.

No, don't know it at all, Blake, but I'll certainly try to check it out - apart from "King For Tonight" I only know one other Barry Darvell record - "Geronimo Stomp", which I bought as a new release on UK London after hearing Jack Jackson play it on his Radio Luxembourg Decca (or should that be "D-E-C-C-AAAAAAAAA - DECCA!!!!!!!") show, back in 196whenever...

...I guess I'm showing my age again :(

Best,

TONE

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Hi Tone - got an issue and a demo in me boxes somewhere...think both are in lovely nick.

If Linda doesn't manage to find you a freebie copy p.m. me.

Regards

Mace

Looks like I'm covered one way or t'other, then - cheers, chum, will let you know as soon as Linda lets me know...

Ta,

TONE :D

Social source share

• 3 weeks later...
Guest TONY ROUNCE

I found a daisy - barry darvell - world artists

14554 refosoul

Here you go Tony, bit of a Spanish Harlem answer record, love the acoustic guitar and horns! Pity about the white vocal

Hi Blake,

I actually have a copy now, but I'm glad you posted it up anyway as it'll give a few others a chance to hear that it's a goodie.

'Preciate the tip in the first place, though, as I'm working on a "Deep In The Heart Of Harlem"-type project at the moment and it's now another candidate for inclusion. And I don't think it's a pity at all that it's a 'white vocal', don;t forget I'm Tony Orlando's number one fan yes.gif

Best,

TONY

Social source share

Ta for looking,

TONE

Looks like you're sorted with this one Tone.

I was going to say you're welcome to "borrow" my copy so to speak, if need be, especially if you need it for research.

Definitely a blue eyed artist of course, but it's a very creditable up-town early 6T's New York sounding disc, and he obviously was inspired by Ben E King's sound.

Deep In the Heart of Harlem ? Sounds like an interesting project. Are you able to elaborate ? Hope Clyde McPhatter's absolutely epic LP "Songs of the Big City" on Mercury features prominently, one of the great soul / R n B LP's ever.

Edited by sunnysoul
Social source share

Source Advert