Contours - Jealousy

Contours - Jealousy. Help needed to trace this track.

I heard the track at a northern soul gig a few months back and jotted down the title thinking it would be easy to find it. Wrong!!! I've googled on "Contours" "Jealousy" without success and looked up the likes of Allmusic.com and soulfulkindamusic.net but no luck. There's a real audio file of it on the www.soulclub.org site.

Any ideas where it appeared or where I can find it, please?

Many thanks

Social source share

• Replies 22
  • Views 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest uroffal

I heard the track at a northern soul gig a few months back and jotted down the title thinking it would be easy to find it. Wrong!!! I've googled on "Contours" "Jealousy" without success and looked up the likes of Allmusic.com and soulfulkindamusic.net but no luck. There's a real audio file of it on the www.soulclub.org site.

Many thanks

Unreleased Acetate only - don't think it's even made its way onto a CD yet

Social source share

Ah, that explains it, thanks. It certainly isn't on any of the Cds I've looked at on the net. A pity cos it's a brill scorcher of a track. Does anyone know anything more about it? Presumably it was from the early Motown era?

Social source share

Is this the one that Steve Csordas/Molly have played out over the last 12 months or more?

If so then yes it is a very fine choon indeed!

If not then just ignore me and I'll slip away quietly .........................

martin

Social source share

If I remember Chalky played it as his first record when he was a guest DJ at Hitchin late last summer.... great dancer IMO...the record....

Yes your right thumbsup.gif Chalky generally plays it in his set's - Fabulous dancer has you up on the dance floor from the instant you hear intro, one of those I'll never get bored off :huh:

Karen

Social source share

Many thanks

hi i played it in my spot at halftimesoul club on saturday and only had about 4 people dancing,its one of my fav toons

cheers bish

Social source share

A Motown one! :-)

It's a comp from around eighteen month ago, but I think it's only for sale in the US

A spot of googling will find it.

I don't think so. I've looked through everyone I can find. I've looked up Allmusic which is an American site without any joy. Would love to have it.

Social source share

Guest Paul Brennan

Yes your right :thumbsup: Chalky generally plays it in his set's - Fabulous dancer has you up on the dance floor from the instant you hear intro, one of those I'll never get bored off wink.gif

Karen

Agree wholeheartedly, played by chalkie at the Wilton recently and went down a treat, Chalks had the dancefloor filled from start to finish of his spot. Proved a few disbelievers wrong, a true DJ not just a collecter, he knows his music and knows how to keep people up on the floor all-nite, great spot by a great bloke, only pity is he did'nae bring his pal with him.

Paul

Social source share

I don't think so. I've looked through everyone I can find. I've looked up Allmusic which is an American site without any joy. Would love to have it.

come to lightwater 5th anniversary on march the 3rd

it will be on the free cd along with some other great tunes..if not ill send you a copy when theyve been done

moldie

Social source share

Agree wholeheartedly, played by chalkie at the Wilton recently and went down a treat, Chalks had the dancefloor filled from start to finish of his spot. Proved a few disbelievers wrong, a true DJ not just a collecter, he knows his music and knows how to keep people up on the floor all-nite, great spot by a great bloke, only pity is he did'nae bring his pal with him.

Paul

yea chalky is one of my favarite dj's

cheers bish

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert