Christine Cooper

Guest WPaulVanDyk

Guest WPaulVanDyk

maybe this will get a good response, but heard some track by her with a beat sounding like a Motown song well i thought it be only 1 song maybe she had as you don't hear of any more. To my suprise i was able to locate on the net another song SOS (heartaches in distress) another nice tune she made now i think she seems great to listen to.

Social source share

• Replies 55
  • Views 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

maybe this will get a good response, but heard some track by her with a beat sounding like a Motown song well i thought it be only 1 song maybe she had as you don't hear of any more. To my suprise i was able to locate on the net another song SOS (heartaches in distress) another nice tune she made now i think she seems great to listen to.

Hope this link works https://www.raresoulman.co.uk/searchartist....TINE&Format=

Christine Cooper. " Heartaches Away My Boy"

Is this it ?

Social source share

of course a great tune, almost in my top 10 of all time.

Hi

Both records are worth searching for,

Parkway_P-971-A_DJ.jpgParkway_P-983-A_DJ.jpg

Heartaches Away My Boy - Christine Cooper

3072 refosoul

There is the Video on You Tube that Pete-S kindly uploaded for us.

S.O.S.(HEART IN DISTRESS)

Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

Also anothe great one she made IMHO.........Good Looks....Parkway thumbsup.gif .

Social source share

Hi Roccia

Christine Cooper - Heartaches Away My Boy

The Stock Copy is definitely a lot rarer than the DEMO :thumbsup:

Bought mine in Cleethorpes three or four years ago for 180 quid. Vinyl has some light scratches but plays brilliant... I would grade it VG++

Social source share

I adore this record ... brings a tear to my eye dancing to it. Reminds me of Pete Lawson RIP

Does me too funnily enough. I bought a rare issue off of him years ago.. Still one of my fav records of all time.

Social source share

Hi Roccia

Worth every penny if it was twice that in my opinion.

A fantastic record, I loved it from the first time I heard it. :)

Sure mate. It has been the first record in my 100 Club dj spot last November. Dancefloor packed in a flash... :thumbsup:thumbsup.gif

Social source share

Sure mate. It has been the first record in my 100 Club dj spot last November. Dancefloor packed in a flash... :thumbsup::)

Hey Big Daddy Roccia ....

Thumbs up from me also : I have always considered " HAMB " a TOP side from the first time of hearing it - I think it was by Richard Searling at Va - Va's in Bolton in 1972 , but I could be wrong , as my aged memory gets somewhat cloudy these days .... I never felt that " SOS " by the lady came up to the same standard .

Hope you will be playing it at The Ritz next month .

Is Meni coming over with you ?

Take care mate

Malc Burton

Social source share

Thumbs up from me also : I have always considered " HAMB " a TOP side from the first time of hearing it - I think it was by Richard Searling at Va - Va's in Bolton in 1972 , but I could be wrong , as my aged memory gets somewhat cloudy these days .... I never felt that " SOS " by the lady came up to the same standard .

Hope you will be playing it at The Ritz next month .

Is Meni coming over with you ?

Take care mate

Malc Burton

Hi Malc, I'll definitely play Christine Cooper at The Ritz. The punters should be quite oldies-oriented there I suppose...?

Barbara & Marco will be with me, and probably some other soulies from overhere. I'm trying to convince Meni to come over, but he is a bit skint... The lucky b*****d is just coming from a 10 days holiday in Barbados...!!!

Social source share

Hi Malc, I'll definitely play Christine Cooper at The Ritz. The punters should be quite oldies-oriented there I suppose...?

Barbara & Marco will be with me, and probably some other soulies from overhere. I'm trying to convince Meni to come over, but he is a bit skint... The lucky b*****d is just coming from a 10 days holiday in Barbados...!!!

Barbados .... no doubt had a good go at drinking it dry ! :thumbsup:

Barbara e-mailed me to say her and Marco will be with you ; it will be good to see you all again .

Malc Burton

Social source share

Hi Roccia

A fantastic record, I loved it from the first time I heard it. :D

Me too, could listen to it over and over, brings back great memories of my early northern days, have always loved it but have never owned an original,

Chris

Edited by bridget
Social source share

Guest mel brat

Hi Roccia

A fantastic record, I loved it from the first time I heard it. :thumbsup:

I agree. (Mine's only a demo, but was a mere £30!) :lol:

Edited by mel brat
Social source share

Guest mel brat

I think it was by Richard Searling at Va - Va's in Bolton in 1972 , but I could be wrong , as my aged memory gets somewhat cloudy these days .... I never felt that " SOS " by the lady came up to the same standard .

Malc Burton

Wouldn't that be 1973? I know "SOS" was imported in bulk in 1972, but I have no idea where it was first played. Torch? Anyone know? Think "Heartaches Away..." was originally a Mecca spin though.

Social source share

Wouldn't that be 1973? I know "SOS" was imported in bulk in 1972, but I have no idea where it was first played. Torch? Anyone know? Think "Heartaches Away..." was originally a Mecca spin though.

You could be correct in respect of the year being 1973 .

As I stated , my aged memory recall gets clouded these days . I assumed it to be 1972 , the tie - in being Richard's connection with Global Records in Manchester - where a lot of records first surfaced , but were played at a later date on the scene - and his working at Va - Va .

Malc Burton

Social source share

Did it go to someone in my neck of the woods Pete? As I know there's another one in the area.

Got mine off Shifty about 10 years ago, give a lot for it at the time, something like £150...

post-2021-1169290549_thumb.jpg

Thought he was telling me porkies when he said what he give for it :huh:

Managed to get this one on issue a few years back...

post-2021-1169291684_thumb.jpg

Hi Pottsy

So rare, so desirable, thanks for posting them mate :lol:

and here are the East Coast DEMO's to your Extremely Rare Stock Copies

Parkway_P-983-A_DJ.jpg

Parkway_P-140-B_DJ.jpg

Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

Guest scissorsnipper

Hi Roccia, Dukesy and I are planning on being there to see the big man at his best (hopefully) spinning those great tunes we no you have in your box

Social source share

Roger, to make a nice set,a few weeks back I posted up a scan of a stock copy of Janie Grant - My Heart, Your heart - it looked great, can't find the thread now though

OK so it looks like a lot of people think I'm wrong in saying that people are overpricing records. So here are two nice items which I have coming up on my next list. One is a mint demo of JEAN CARTER - LIKE ONE, and I mean mint, unplayed. The other is the extremely scarce issue copy of JANIE GRANT - MY HEART, YOUR HEART on Parkway. Condition mint minus, played one or two times maximum.

I'd be very interested to see what other people would price these at. Serious answers I mean.

post-1893-1161691000_thumb.jpgpost-1893-1161691039_thumb.jpg

Hi Pete

I have found it :huh:

DSCN5978.jpg

Here is Pete's Copy of Janie Grant

and my East Coast White DEMO

Parkway_P-982-B_DJ.jpg

Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

Guest scissorsnipper

Hi Pete

I have found it :huh:

DSCN5978.jpg

Here is Pete's Copy of Janie Grant

and my East Coast White DEMO

Parkway_P-982-B_DJ.jpg

Beat me to the punch mate, heres ours......... :lol:

JANIEGRANT.jpg

Lovely :good:

Social source share

Hi Roccia, Dukesy and I are planning on being there to see the big man at his best (hopefully) spinning those great tunes we no you have in your box

I'll be glad to see you & Giulio on the dancefloor @ Brighouse, but I haven't so many big tunes in my box, especially compared with british collectors/djs. I'm a beginner, just collecting since 6-7 years...

Social source share

Did it go to someone in my neck of the woods Pete? As I know there's another one in the area.

Got mine off Shifty about 10 years ago, give a lot for it at the time, something like £150...

post-2021-1169290549_thumb.jpg

Thought he was telling me porkies when he said what he give for it whistling.gif

Managed to get this one on issue a few years back...

post-2021-1169291684_thumb.jpg

post-1893-1169300224_thumb.jpg

Janie_Grant.jpg

Hi All

I thought I would group the four together, Pottsys & Petes copies :unsure:

As I said you don't see these very often together. :thumbsup:

Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

• 1 year later...

Just a question: how much today for "Heartache Away My Boy" red/yellow stocker...?

TIA

Roccia

Just sold mine, VG++ for £175.00, 3 years ago I sold one for £285.00, my mint

twin shields demo went for £310.00. I prefer issues than demos, it means someone

actually made an effort to go and buy a copy, must have liked the record !!

Chris L

Social source share

The "S.O.S."'s all seemed to come from Bostocks @ Bradford Market - you could buy it for 25p in the early 70's as there were loads of 'em. Other stuff, mainly from MGM/Verve and @ £1.00 each was Dottie Cambridge, Spyder Turner, The Charades, The Ambers, The Superiors, The Tymes, The Shalamars, The Triumphs, April Stevens, Alice Clark, Billy Woods, Little Eva, Clara Ward.

Torch era without a doubt.

Ian D :D

Social source share

The "S.O.S."'s all seemed to come from Bostocks @ Bradford Market - you could buy it for 25p in the early 70's as there were loads of 'em. Other stuff, mainly from MGM/Verve and @ £1.00 each was Dottie Cambridge, Spyder Turner, The Charades, The Ambers, The Superiors, The Tymes, The Shalamars, The Triumphs, April Stevens, Alice Clark, Billy Woods, Little Eva, Clara Ward.

Ian D :D

"Heartaches Away My Boy"

Of course the early Mecca and Torch did run in parallel for a while. As I seem to remember played more

at the Mecca than Torch. I can't ever see me getting tired of listening to this track, by all accounts

a lovely lady, she dated Eddie Holman whilst he was at Parkway (the lucky bu**er) as the man said

better than a lot of hits that's for sure.

Chris L

Social source share

"heartaches..." such a great tune,got played at bridgewater on saturday..so much better than the big motown hit "stop in the name of love" which it reminds me of....could start another thread sounda like "flops" that p*** all over the big hits !!

Think it has more of an air of "Lovers Concerto" to me.

ATB

Tony

Social source share

Guest mel brat

Ian D :lol:

I think I bought my copy of "SOS" (now long gone!) from our local Graduate records shop C.1972. But how come they never had the Charades, Alice Clark, Dottie Cambridge, Clara Ward etc.!!!??? GRRRRRRR!!!! :thumbup:

P.S. Just have to say that The Ambers (on Verve) is one of my ABSOLUTE FAVOURITE RECORDS OF ALL TIME !

Edited by mel brat
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert