Jesse James 1990 Lp On Gunsmoke

Girthdevon

Allo Peeps

Just selling a copy of the Jesse James - Looking Back LP from 1990 on Gunsmoke.....and was trying to recall which of the tracks were previously unissued.

If You Want A Love Affair

I Don't Want It To End

Don't Take Away Your Love

I Never Meant To Love Her

More Than A Friend Of Mine

Love Vibes

At Last

You Ought To Be Here With Me

Tracks 1 & 4 are back to back on 20th Century

Tracks 6 & 7 are back to back on Midtown - is 'At Last' on 'Zay' the same version ???

Track 8 - also on 20th Century - I don't have my copy to hand to check the flip and I have a feeling its not even included on this LP....

Leaving tracks 2, 3 & 5 as the prev unissued ??......

Can anyone confirm - and are they all 20th Century sessions???......

Feckin brill LP too :D

Cheers Girth

Social source share

• Replies 18
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Allo Peeps

Just selling a copy of the Jesse James - Looking Back LP from 1990 on Gunsmoke.....and was trying to recall which of the tracks were previously unissued.

If You Want A Love Affair

I Don't Want It To End

Don't Take Away Your Love

I Never Meant To Love Her

More Than A Friend Of Mine

Love Vibes

At Last

Tracks 6 & 7 are back to back on Midtown - is 'At Last' on 'Zay' the same version ???

Track 8 - also on 20th Century - I don't have my copy to hand to check the flip and I have a feeling its not even included on this LP....

Feckin brill LP too :D

Cheers Girth

I think that's right Gareth

2,3. 5 unissued previously. All others on 45.

I do have track 3 on a 45 though, by Keisa Brown on Little Star, which I think credits H B Barnum as writer, though he is not credited on the LP (if my memory serves me right).

:shades:

Sean

Social source share

All the 20th Century session tracks which appeared on the lp are slightly different mixes or versions to the 45s. The version of If You Want A Love Affair being the most markedly different mix.

Quite true.

Incidentally, I always felt that Track 5 had real potential... but don't ever recall hearing it played out, other than at Thorne.

Sean

Social source share

Quite true.

Incidentally, I always felt that Track 5 had real potential... but don't ever recall hearing it played out, other than at Thorne.

Sean

Hadn't played the LP in an age and was wallowing in it this afternoon - the ballad flip of 'Love Affair' is top class, Love Vibes needs reviving & all 3 unissued are outstanding.

And Mr Houghton just told me he used to play track 5 too....but then he would wouldn't he. Being the Golden Anorak. :shades:

Thanks for info guys....

Girf

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Marcus B

At Last

Feckin brill LP too :wicked:

Cheers Girth

Social source share

More than a friend - jesse james - gunsmoke lp

14091 refosoul

[quote name='Sean Hampsey' date='Jan 16)

Incidentally, I always felt that Track 5 had real potential... but don't ever recall hearing it played out, other than at Thorne. Sean

Edited by Coxy
Social source share

Ooi could you lot stop talking this up until I get a copy, sure I had it but cant find the bugger, and just missed Mr Jacks recent one, which I thought was correctly priced.

So does anyone have one for sale at a decent price?

Please

Jock

PS Not forgotten the Philly PM's just not got round to them, it takes me about a week to remember I have a PM!!

Social source share

Ooi could you lot stop talking this up until I get a copy, sure I had it but cant find the bugger, and just missed Mr Jacks recent one, which I thought was correctly priced.

So does anyone have one for sale at a decent price?

Please

Jock

PS Not forgotten the Philly PM's just not got round to them, it takes me about a week to remember I have a PM!!

Rod Dearlove at voices from the shadows has it from time to time. Might be worth a try

Trev

Edited by Coxy
Social source share

when i spoke to Rod Dearlove about this on the blower a few years back now, he said this album came from an old cassette from jessie that was cleaned up and pressed in agreement with him, as the masters are lost. i don't believe there is any other release apart from the one on the yellow label lp released via Rod. Somebody may be able to correct me but that's what he told me.

cheers Paul

Social source share

when i spoke to Rod Dearlove about this on the blower a few years back now, he said this album came from an old cassette from jessie that was cleaned up and pressed in agreement with him, as the masters are lost. i don't believe there is any other release apart from the one on the yellow label lp released via Rod. Somebody may be able to correct me but that's what he told me.

cheers Paul

That was my understanding too Paul, there is another album with proper cover and Jessie James on front in his red hat, this is earlier LP on TTED with I Can Do Bad By Myself and others from that period (1980's?) Can check it out later if anyone needs to know.

And as we have started Jessie has a new CD out on his own label, with a re-cut (or very similar lyrics) to ICDBBM, its a bit of a patchy CD, but has 2 great ballads worth the £12 on their own, and a reasonable dancer thats easy on the ears, and probably okay on the feet as well.

Can post details later if anyone interested

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert