The Holiday's

Sanquine

Really really want a copy of - The Holiday's - I lost you - Groove City...

Awesome recording, guess I've a bit of saving to do before I buy it... :thumbsup:

Just wondering who's got a copy - anyone thinking of selling and how much realistically I can expect to pay....

Any help greatly appreciated... :shades:

Karen

Social source share

• Replies 26
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

YES GOT MINE IN 1987 ,I THINK AND I REALLY BELIEVE THIS THAT ALOT OF THE COPIES FLOATING ABOUT THEN AND THERE WERE QUITE A FEW IT WAS A £20 TRACK HAVE FIRMLY DRIED UP.QUITE A FEW LADS I WENT TO DOS WITH AT THE TIME GOT ONE ALSO ,SO QUITE A FEW IN THE NORTH EAST UNLESS THERE HAVE LET THEM GO.

BAZ A.

COUPLE OF HUNDRED MIGHT GET YOU ONE,GREAT FLIP ALSO NICE VERSION OF EASY LIVING,NOT AS GOOD AS JJ BUT IMHO.

Edited by baz atkinson
Social source share

Really really want a copy of - The Holiday's - I lost you - Groove City...

Awesome recording, guess I've a bit of saving to do before I buy it... :thumbsup:

Just wondering who's got a copy - anyone thinking of selling and how much realistically I can expect to pay....

Any help greatly appreciated... :shades:

Karen

We paid £300 for this

https://www.soul-source.co.uk/index.p...mp;#entry387852

If anyone is interested ......will sell for same price

JM has £400 for the single in his price guide

Social source share

Hiya Karen,what a fantastic 45,i was after a copy for ages and finally bought a minter (thank you c.w) :thumbsup: 'Hollidays' was owned by Don Davis who used that name instead of Steve Mancha who is on vocals,beautiful..played it at the last Middleton and sounded great. See you in a few weeks at Lifeline Weekender,cant wait,gonna b a goodun. :shades: nick

Edited by nick hackett
Social source share

Got a battered copy of ebay a good few months ago now for... wait for it.... $40.

Like i said... battered... but ok for playing out.... and will do till i get a better one.

Have to say... it isn't until you get this record and play it at home that you realise just how fantastic the vocals are.

Sounded completely different to me... like i was hearing it for the first time... only it was better than the first time i heard it... goosebumps the lot... just great!!

Good luck Karen... awesome tune :thumbsup:

Social source share

Heard another version with a great sax break on Dave Flynns old cd compliation Sought After Soul.Any info on this take?? (if somebody can tell me how to transfer for you all to listen as im thick and can just about use a keyboard!)

Steve Mancha has made some truly sublime recordings on Groovesville/Groove City..AWESOME.The fantastic 'Rare Stamps' lp on Volt. The Hollidays or Holidays on Golden World with Edwin Starr on vocals 'Ill love you forever' another corker is 'Watch out girl' and the great Never Alone on Revilot,all quality 6Ts soul 45s. GOOD LUCK KAREN :thumbsup: nick

Edited by nick hackett
Social source share

Heard another version with a great sax break on Dave Flynns old cd compliation Sought After Soul.Any info on this take?? (if somebody can tell me how to transfer for you all to listen as im thick and can just about use a keyboard!)

Steve Mancha has made some truly sublime recordings on Groovesville/Groove City..AWESOME.The fantastic 'Rare Stamps' lp on Volt. The Hollidays or Holidays on Golden World with Edwin Starr on vocals 'Ill love you forever' another corker is 'Watch out girl' and the great Never Alone on Revilot,all quality 6Ts soul 45s. GOOD LUCK KAREN :thumbsup: nick

Hi Mick,

Think you may find that the Revilot group were a different line up Mate. Graham Finch has produced a fantastic piece as he tried to unravel the differing line ups of the Hollidays groups at:

https://www.soulfuldetroit.com/

Also, anyone who like Mancha might wanna pop along to:

https://hitsvillesoulclub.com where if you click on 'artists' you'll find Mancha's sixties work featured including soundfiles.

Regards,

Dave

www.theresthatbeat.com

www.hitsvillesoulclub.com

Social source share

Guest Bearsoul

Edwin was never in The Holidays , his vocals were dubbed onto the track which he wasn;t too pleased about, but great track!!
Social source share

Edwin was never in The Holidays , his vocals were dubbed onto the track which he wasn;t too pleased about, but great track!!

Not what I heard or read,that is three of them recorded the vocals, Edwin, Steve Mancha and another whose name escapes me and chose one from the three.....

Social source share

Guest Bearsoul
Not what I heard or read,that is three of them recorded the vocals, Edwin, Steve Mancha and another whose name escapes me and chose one from the three.....
sounds feasible, thought i'd read somewhere that he wasn't consulted and that pi***d him off, though your explanation sounds likely if he was under contract then he might be miffed at no credit but it wouldn't be his choice i guess
Social source share

sounds feasible, thought i'd read somewhere that he wasn't consulted and that pi***d him off, though your explanation sounds likely if he was under contract then he might be miffed at no credit but it wouldn't be his choice i guess

anyway it's Steve Mancha on vocals not Edwin Starr ior are we on about different record? I'll go back and read again :thumbsup:

Edited by chalky
Social source share

Guest Bearsoul
anyway it's Steve Mancha on vocals not Edwin Starr ior are we on about different record? I'll go back and read again :thumbsup:
'I'll love you forever' i'm on about Chalky...have we got our wires crossed ? Chris :D
Social source share

Guest Bearsoul

GREAT TRACK THIS , I PICKED THIS UP A COUPLE OF YEARS FOR ROUGHLY $140 OF EBAY. I WILL BE MEETING UP WITH STEVE MANCHA IN A FEW WEEKS IN FEB WHEN I RETURN TO DETROIT.
lucky sod, I love Detroit, say hello to Pat Lewis if you see her and 'Brad' at Peoples Records TOP BLOKE !!

Cheers Chris Morgan :thumbsup:

Social source share

JJ Barnes

Social source share

lucky sod, I love Detroit, say hello to Pat Lewis if you see her and 'Brad' at Peoples Records TOP BLOKE !!

Cheers Chris Morgan :thumbsup:

Hi Chris will do, your right about brad top bloke and with the right sort of 45s to buy from him. hopefully steve is intrested in comming back over here to perform so iam going to put some offers to him.

Social source share

thats him :thumbsup:

Chalky just read the Holidays link dave put up and may be its not, all very confusing, seems to be lots of differant line ups, Tony Hester in there at one time, & there were 4 of them ????, All totallly differant to what ive been told in the past. :D

Social source share

Chalky just read the Holidays link dave put up and may be its not, all very confusing, seems to be lots of differant line ups, Tony Hester in there at one time, & there were 4 of them ????, All totallly differant to what ive been told in the past. :D

I'll sit and read Graham's story on Soulful Detroit when I get chance later and refresh the grey matter, some chores to do first :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest Bearsoul

Hi Chris will do, your right about brad top bloke and with the right sort of 45s to buy from him. hopefully steve is intrested in comming back over here to perform so iam going to put some offers to him.
Top idea !! Like to see him. Brad Top Bloke realistic prices. Have a great time and be carefull out there I'm sure you don't need telling that

Cheers Chris M :thumbsup:

Social source share

Thank's everyone for your replie's - I've a small amount of saving, but thank's for the offer Miss Popcorn - I'll check out the flip Baz :thumbsup: At least I know who to pester at LL n Wolverhampton n DDA - Joan n Nick - look forward to dancing me little sock's off if you'll both kindly play it for me :D

Can't wait for LL weekender Nick, it's only 3 wks - don't forget champagne since were sharing a room (chalk's n mine aniversary) :shhh: seriously were gonna have a brill time with you n Han :yes: Don't forget the portable - It'll be The holiday's - instead of The Ohio players this year on repeat :lol:

Karen

Edited by sanquine
Social source share

Just read on Soulful kinda music that -The Holiday's were - Eddie Anderson - Steve Mancha - J J Barnes - and Edwin Star's vocal's were overdubbed on to the record. The recording was, "I'll love you forever /Makin up time" on Golden World 36 (1966)

The New Holiday's - "I've lost you" - Groove City 206 (1969) Dosen't list the artist's involved!!!

Karen

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert