Beach Music Book

Guest Arcticsoulboy

Guest Arcticsoulboy

Is there anyone on SS who has bought and read this book: https://www.heybabydays.com/ ? Loads of NC/SC/VA bands like the Soulmasters and Kings of Soul mentioned and the book also comes with two cd´s. As I have a soft spot for beach stuff this seems like a good buy, short review anyone?

Social source share

• Replies 10
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I've tried to order it a two or three times, but when I ask how much the postage cost to Sweden is they've gone silent every time.

Same here, i've asked on several occasions about post to UK but get no reply...however, a singer from one of the bands (the Monzas) is selling them in his shop in Tennesee and is going to get back to me about posting.

Failing that, I have actually spoken to the guy who has produced it and he is working on getting it distributed to the UK so will keep you posted.

I really want a copy badly!!! It looks great!

Anyone going to the States soon? If they can get a few copies i'm sure they'd have no trouble getting their money back + a little tip!...anyone going....? I presume it's available in most good USA bookshops...

Edited by Soul-Slider
Social source share

Guest uroffal

Postage would be sky high to Europe as it's hard cover and pretty thick.

I might be able to get copies over via a friend of a friend, but think cost would be pretty high.

Edited by uroffal
Social source share

I got the book, but I'm in the US. Very few Black groups in there, though. Hidden somewhere in the middle of the book is a photo of the Dream Team, which is pretty cool. The book fills in a ton of info about groups mainly unknown to me.

I bought it off a seller on EBAY who was selling for the same price as the book sellers, maybe you can get international if you look there??

Social source share

Guest Arcticsoulboy

I found the book on eBay, via a seller from NC, but postage to Europe was $65. Ouch! Must be a really heavy book! lil-peddler is the seller BTW.

Social source share

Guest soul_hull

i emailed them yesterday and they have sent back asking me whether i wanna pay visa or mc and to check the international postage rates on site....

**goes to look at postage rates**

aaaaaaaaaand i can't see 'em anywhere. i even downloaded the order form, which doesn't have the int. postage costs either.

the email address of the sender is rarereads@bellsouth.net if anyone wants to get in touch and try and pin down a cost.

also on the site there are a list of retail outlets in the states - maybe one of them would agree to shipping it?

also - says on the order form that the book weighs 10 pounds+. which should help re postage calculations.

Paul.

Social source share

i emailed them yesterday and they have sent back asking me whether i wanna pay visa or mc and to check the international postage rates on site....

**goes to look at postage rates**

aaaaaaaaaand i can't see 'em anywhere. i even downloaded the order form, which doesn't have the int. postage costs either.

the email address of the sender is rarereads@bellsouth.net if anyone wants to get in touch and try and pin down a cost.

also on the site there are a list of retail outlets in the states - maybe one of them would agree to shipping it?

also - says on the order form that the book weighs 10 pounds+. which should help re postage calculations.

Paul.

Go to https://www.heybabydays.com/book.htm scroll down the left hand side until you see the words click here for intertnational shipping rates :lol:

Social source share

• 4 weeks later...

Beatin Rhythm in Manchester will shortly have copies of the 'Beach Music' book - price should be about £70. At that price best ring 0161 8347783 to reserve your copy.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert