Monday Sounds - Loma Label

Guest rachel

• Replies 58
  • Views 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Some excellent tunes on here, one of my favourite labels - highly recommend the Best of Loma compilation https://www.amazon.co.uk/Best-Loma-Records-...TF8&s=music and also the old 'This Is Loma' LPs if you can get hold of them :rolleyes:

Well spotted young lady, I was just wondering why nothing had been done on Loma, very interesting track list, although did wonder about legitimacy as they would all be owned by WB?

Ah yes the This is Loma LP.s, amazing LP;s when you think about it, were they released mid 70's or later? I think I have about 4, bought out of Woolies for £1 when they were clearing their records out, were there 9 in total? Does anybody know? Does anybody have any for sale to fill my gaps.

Rachel if you dont have above I could do you Loma CD of most if you want, let me know what titles you have, think I have most soul stuff on label. PM me if you want any.

Was going to put up last 6 or so tonight if still allowed, as assume you wont repeat this label, including the couple of b-sides requested by Ken.

Cheers

Jock

Social source share

I have them all...they're a bit patchy but worth having. One is more Bluesy/ RnB and one is a whole side of JJ Jackson and a whiole side of Linda Jones..unfortunately the 'fi' is a bit 'low'.

Whats amazing is what's NOT on them more than what is.

Some of the Loma tracks have been out on the Searling Cd compiltaions.

Social source share

Go For Yourself - larry laster - loma

13253 refosoul

The best soul singer on the label, one of the great soul voices, listen to him screamm, and then he camly croons "Im picking up speed, everyday" My Hero, one of the many truly great Northern Soul records

heard the intro and then started singing 'Somebody somewhere needs you' by Ike and Tina...

Social source share

I have them all...they're a bit patchy but worth having. One is more Bluesy/ RnB and one is a whole side of JJ Jackson and a whiole side of Linda Jones..unfortunately the 'fi' is a bit 'low'.

Whats amazing is what's NOT on them more than what is.

Some of the Loma tracks have been out on the Searling Cd compiltaions.

So Simon if I promise not to pick on you again will you sell me the ones I dont have! :rolleyes:

I agree about the patchy and the different tracks, thats why I was asking about when they were done, they dont seem to be specifically for the Northern scene and its a fairly comprehensive review of the label, so was wondering about the audience.

I will put up tracklists for ones I have tonight.

I realise that with the odd tracks, thats why I was curious re the source of the 50 track CD, just being nosey honest, no soul police intent. :wicked:

Social source share

You Cant Outsmart A Woman - kell osbourne - loma

13204 refosoul

One of the best dancers on this label, or any label, as good as the rarer one?? Great double sider but this just makes you smile loudly when you dance, what more can you ask for!

His best by far (IMO).

His other stuff sounds so anaemic in comparison.

Sean

Gave this a spin out at the weekend, fab tune. Funnily enoiugh Kell's Revis outing just dropped on the door mat this morning, Something For the Books/Yaya Yaya.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert