Monday Sounds - Loma Label

Guest rachel

• Replies 58
  • Views 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Nice tune Miff yes.gif You missed a good un Friday - but won't rub it in.... :shades:

Hope you had a good New Year..

Karen

Ya I know. was sussposed to of gone affter work but didnt get finished till 01-30 in the morning and just didnt feel up tp the drive there and back, also stuck at work all through the festive period so not much partying done.

Next Wilton the Anerversery I think so will make an extra effort for that.

The tune is off an old tape I got from some one years ago so dont actully own the 45, dont now if its a hard one to find or not had an eye out for it for ages but never seen a copy.

Social source share

Guest mrs norman maine

GET HIP TO YOURSELF - soulshakers - loma

13187 refosoul Wa-hey! Thanks Joan, I haven't heard this cracker in a while. Love that line "your mother must have dipped you in some beauty creme, on the day you were born"

Social source share

Never Want To Dream Again - billy storm - loma

13199 refosoul

Hurrah think I have finally done it, although since I have no sound card cant check its working, here gos with my fave label

An old cover up that Colin played via me, great at 3am in Allanton, although it did get uncovered fairly quickly

Edited by jocko
Social source share

You Cant Outsmart A Woman - kell osbourne - loma

13204 refosoul

One of the best dancers on this label, or any label, as good as the rarer one?? Great double sider but this just makes you smile loudly when you dance, what more can you ask for!

Social source share

Bright Lights - delilah kennibrew - loma

13205 refosoul

Or is this the best dancer on the label, one of the many Dave Molloy tips, and thats good enough for me. Another biggie (well relatively speaking anyway) at Allanton!

Nice one,like the rest of em`,Jokco.

Social source share

Thats it for tonight, did have about 20 more to record but dont know if thats too many? Great label, if okay with bosses can put up more tomorrow, some great dancers and a couple of the classics that sound great now. Will leave the Belfast Gypsies on the shelfs though, promise.

Cheers

Jock

Social source share

Don't You Have Feelings - little joe cook - loma

13207 refosoul

Good traditional Northern Soul, like so many on this great label!

All so on Omen,can we have the otherside please Jokc.oh!and two UK releases of it,must have been popular. :thumbsup:

Social source share

Wake Me Up Baby - paul days - loma

13209 refosoul

T' other side, again not totally sure about it, blue eyed methinks but a Sam Cooke influenced !! What does the Northern Soul jury think!

I`ve got one,like juvanile jungle best,but play the otherside out. :thumbsup:

Social source share

Think we inadvertantly did a bit of Loma one friday recentley. Haven't got the deck set up at the moment but here's another couple i posted that friday, that's if the cut & paste works.

Runnin' Around - tony amaro & the chariots -loma

11307 refosoul

No More Will I Cry - olympics -loma

11712 refosoul

Edited by Bogue
Social source share

Thats it for tonight, did have about 20 more to record but dont know if thats too many? Great label, if okay with bosses can put up more tomorrow, some great dancers and a couple of the classics that sound great now. Will leave the Belfast Gypsies on the shelfs though, promise.

Cheers

Jock

You've done it now fella... expect great things from you from now on... now that you've started!! :thumbsup:

Social source share

You Cant Outsmart A Woman - kell osbourne - loma

13204 refosoul

One of the best dancers on this label, or any label, as good as the rarer one?? Great double sider but this just makes you smile loudly when you dance, what more can you ask for!

Hi Jock, Chalky played this in both's his set's at the "Wilton" and "Britt" at the weekend - sound's awesome played out ... :lol:

13205 refosoul

Or is this the best dancer on the label, one of the many Dave Molloy tips, and thats good enough for me. Another biggie (well relatively speaking anyway) at Allanton!

Fabulous - not heard it before loved it straight away.. :yes:

His best by far (IMO).

His other stuff sounds so anaemic in comparison.

Sean

"Small thing's" another very good recording, but not quite got the same body n depth as "You can't outsmart a woman" which is a great dancer... :thumbsup:

Social source share

Go For Yourself - larry laster - loma

13253 refosoul

The best soul singer on the label, one of the great soul voices, listen to him screamm, and then he camly croons "Im picking up speed, everyday" My Hero, one of the many truly great Northern Soul records

Edited by jocko
Social source share

Guest Gavin Page

Go For Yourself - larry laster - loma

13253 refosoul

The best soul singer on the label, one of the great soul voices, listen to him screamm, and then he camly croons "Im picking up speed, everyday" My Hero, one of the many truly great Northern Soul records

:good: Still sounds great to these ears !

Social source share

Help Yourself - larry laster - loma

13259 refosoul

T'other side again, maybe not strictly Northern but listen to the man sing, can we have this as an example next time we try and define a soul voice!!!I remember playing this at Allanton, only once, the cactus blew across the dance floor, the doors swang open as the last person left I still sang every word and smiled!!

Social source share

WE GO TOGETHER - delilah kennebreauw - loma

13220 refosoul

Thought i'd post the other side of Bright Lights... great double sider... :thumbsup:

Awsome dancer Joan!

What a brilliant thread!!!!

Social source share

13205 refosoul

My favourite on the label...she was a member of The Crystals of course..saw her with them perform at the University of North London sometime in the early 80's but didn't manage to speak to her.

The backing track is the same as an unreleased Martha Reeves track, 'Coney Island'.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert