Joe Simon

Craig W

• Replies 7
  • Views 845
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

stonkin' version of the Temptations, Undisputed Truth et al..

Surely that's not the same tune. :unsure: Joe Simon's is written by Allen Orange while the Motown cut is a Holland/Kendricks/Whitfield job.

As for further Joe Simon: try "Travelin' Man", "Long Hot Summer" and "I Got A Whole Lot Of Lovin'" on Sound Stage 7 plus "Just Like Yesterday" on Irral/Dot if you haven't. Top uptempo stuff in the same style as "The Girl's Alright With Me". :boxing:

Edited by Sebastian
Social source share

Guest Andy Kempster

I'm not the greatest fan of Joe Simon but had to buy this the other day because it is so catchy and infectous. Love the bubbling sax that suddenly cuts in. Nice and cheap as well.

geat little tune, had it a couple of years now and always enjoy spinning it

Social source share

Surely that's not the same tune. :wicked: Joe Simon's is written by Allen Orange while the Motown cut is a Holland/Kendricks/Whitfield job.

As for further Joe Simon: try "Travelin' Man", "Long Hot Summer" and "I Got A Whole Lot Of Lovin'" on Sound Stage 7 plus "Just Like Yesterday" on Irral/Dot if you haven't. Top uptempo stuff in the same style as "The Girl's Alright With Me". :thumbsup:

Yeah, you're right, sorry...think I have too many records! Joe's is a different tune and BETTER!

'I Got a Whole lot of Lovin' is an absolute corker too!

Not forgetting his 'I see Your face' on Hush! Great too!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert