Nice Johnny Nash Tune

• Replies 34
  • Views 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I like this mid tempo tune, how many great tunes did Mr Nash make?

I own this on a LP - does anyone know if it was released on a 45?

I want one,how much?

Edited by ken
Social source share

I want one,how much?

Its on the "Teardrops in the rain LP" with all his Argo stuff, Love aint nothing, Strange feeling etc, I have never seen a 45 (or I would have got one) It can't be rare cause its Johnny Nash! But i think it is a brill tune!

Social source share

Great track !...,great artist sublimely soulful voice, i have recentley been reactivating "Im so glad your my baby" by the man and was suprised how many people didnt know it but liked it, a candidate for an under played oldie if ever there was....dont know how to upload files etc. (sorry) but check it out if you dont know it

Edited by jemco
Social source share

i have recentley been reactivating "Im so glad your my baby" by the man and was suprised how many people didnt know it but liked it,

Always loved ISGYMB .. lovely midtemp track that also came out over here on MGM.

Another worth a mention and a few spins is the superb "I'm Leaving" on RCA. Very Sam Cooke influenced, great lyrics, just another Johnny Nash winner!

thumbsup.gif

Sean

Social source share

Guest Gavin Page

Always loved ISGYMB .. lovely midtemp track that also came out over here on MGM.

Another worth a mention and a few spins is the superb "I'm Leaving" on RCA. Very Sam Cooke influenced, great lyrics, just another Johnny Nash winner!

thumbsup.gif

Sean

I was always a big fan of the Album cut "Why Did You Do It"

Social source share

thumbsup.gif

Sean

I am sure I had that on Groove records at one time! great tune!

Social source share

thumbsup.gif

Sean

Would agree with that Sean Im "leaving" nice track as well, got my copy of Im so glad etc. on british ...shame with a plethora of material he produced his biggest seller (i think) was TEARS etc.....wonder what he thought of all the other good stuff he recorded that bombed chart wise?

Social source share

It was a "cash-in" LP from the 70's using his unreleased 60's Argo recordings. Some really nice tracks on it.

Ian

Quite right buddy, but did "I know what you want" ever come out on a 45" The LP dates 1972 but it would have been recorded in 1965!

I purchased Johny Nash's (as far as I know) only LP release on Argo, Its called "composers choice" and to be fair it is full of old crooners! It came out in 1964 and is not worth having (apart from a nice pic of Johnny!)

Was this title ever released before the "Cash In" occured? Its the best cash in I have ever heard! biggrin.gif:D:P

Social source share

Johnny Nash - Strange Feeling ( Argo ) ...... Top Tune thumbsup.gif

Malc Burton

Social source share

Guest NASHEE

town of lonely hearts - johnny nash - groove

13239 refosoul

My very favorite Johnny Nash track thumbsup.gif

Edited by NASHEE
Social source share

Guest the dukester

(I'm So) Glad Your My baby - johnny nash - mgm

13245 refosoul

MY FAVE SOUL TRACK FROM JN BY A LONG WAY.

REGGAE TRACK.............. GUAVA JELLY :lol:

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

I was always a big fan of the Album cut "Why Did You Do It"

An old "Sidedoor" anthem, brought to prominence by Gary Thomas long before others caught on....

...and it was issued on a single too - In South Africa - without that floor-killing intro!

I recently got JN's killer deep soul version of the old hillbilly song "Cigareets, Whusky And Wild, Wild Women" on UK Warner Brothers, which is one of his best ever and which I'm sort of embarrassed about having been unaware of for the best part of 45 years. Still better late than never, I guess!

TONE

Social source share

Guest Gavin Page

An old "Sidedoor" anthem, brought to prominence by Gary Thomas long before others caught on....

...and it was issued on a single too - In South Africa - without that floor-killing intro!

I recently got JN's killer deep soul version of the old hillbilly song "Cigareets, Whusky And Wild, Wild Women" on UK Warner Brothers, which is one of his best ever and which I'm sort of embarrassed about having been unaware of for the best part of 45 years. Still better late than never, I guess!

TONE

Tony, Yes mate is around those days I first picked up on it - Think it was Terry Jones who I first heard play it :no:

You are so right about the intro though. Best I start the hunt for the 7 now - Thank you for the heads up on that !

Side Door- Great Nights :lol:

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Tony, Yes mate is around those days I first picked up on it - Think it was Terry Jones who I first heard play it :no:

You are so right about the intro though. Best I start the hunt for the 7 now - Thank you for the heads up on that !

Side Door- Great Nights :lol:

It's on the other side of the South African issue of "Let's Be Friends". I only got it recently - I just KNEW that it had to be released on a 45 somewhere in the world!!!!!

It's not obvious, I know, but Philippe Wynne also cut a killer deep soul version of this on Sugarhill, under the title of "You Made Me Love You (Why Did You Do It)" - produced, like Johnny N's track, by the great Bunny Sigler...

TONE

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert