Craig W

• Replies 25
  • Views 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest in town Mikey

Please watch this. Roland Gifts voice is a totally amazing.. Where is he now.

Was living in Islington, at least until 4 years ago.

I would always see him riding up the Holloway Road on his push bike. Occasionally saw him in the Bailey on Hol Rd too.

Social source share

Guest kid mohair

Have always loved Roland Gift's voice. I was amazed when he decided to drop out of music. There is a movie callede Tin Men about aluminum siding salesman that includes Gift and I resume FYC singing in a bar. Snippets of magic that make you want to watch the film again.

Sorry but wouldn`t connect him with scooters.........OR i might be wrong ... :thumbsup:

Social source share

Please watch this. Roland Gifts voice is a totally amazing.. Where is he now.

I've had this on video for years, features Orribly Good SC, A316 Animals SC & Jokers Sc amongst others. Also features Tom from A316 Animals SC, the bloke sitting down wearing the donkey jacket, who I believe sadly passed away due to a heart attack, a few years after this was shot. :thumbsup:

Social source share

Maybe I'm alone in thinking the opposite to you lot, but Rolands voice to me is thin and reedy, lacking in any power or any emotive nuance, the Joboxers were better (only just!)

used to love jo boxers...

check out the "Brixton Briefcase" as we used to call them

Social source share

Guest kent soul club

I remember the FYC vid from late 80's .The bloke sitting on custom GP lambretta is Dizzy (Paul Hissey ) I believe.A 41 Eagles SC member at the time,and builder of a number of top custom scooters ,and occassional visitor to Boogaloo Soul and Southside Soul Club .

Listening to Joboxers again has got me going on this:It has always reminded me of an old soul song that has the opening lines "so you think you're pretty good on your feet.so meet me down on market street" it is the same tune as Joboxers,and im pretty sure they completely ripped it off.But i cant remember what the song is.

It bugged me for ages and now its bugging me again.

Social source share

I love Pie and Mash or Hot Eels and mash....

Good for you!!,rather have peas wi`me pies anyday..............realy tho`,do like pie and mash,not too much liquer(that green stuff,i think that what they call it), tho`.........and the shop up the angel was pretty nice,not like some of the pie and mash shops now.

Social source share

Guest mrs norman maine

Was living in Islington, at least until 4 years ago.

Probably still is. I last saw him about a year and a half ago in Cally Rd swimming pool. He was doing those show-off-head-over-heels turns at the end of each length though, so I paid him no mind. That'll teach him.

Social source share

Filmed in my local pie 'n' mash guv'nor!

Pie 'n' mash, now there's a thing, I'd read about this shop, south of the river just over Tower Bridge that was supposed to be good and I was in London shopping with my girl of the time and thought now was as good a time as any to give it a go, took us ages to find and things were getting frostier and frostier, when we finally found it, it was like stepping back in time, I thought it was great, the pie 'n' mash (with liqour)too, she absolutely hated it, hardly said a word all the way home.....never mentioned pie 'n' mash again :thumbsup: ...until now that is.... biggrin.gif

Social source share

Guest Andy Kempster

I've had this on video for years, features Orribly Good SC, A316 Animals SC & Jokers Sc amongst others. Also features Tom from A316 Animals SC, the bloke sitting down wearing the donkey jacket, who I believe sadly passed away due to a heart attack, a few years after this was shot. :rolleyes:

used to knock about with some of the jokers, they were from round southend way

Social source share

Raw & the cooked album, GTI music blasting out circa late eighties.. :lol:

Always thought he'd be able to do a really decent cover of this;

Things get better - eddie floyd -

13136 refosoul

i always thought of FYC'S when i heard Ted Ford " Your'e gonna need me"!!!!

Social source share

I remember the FYC vid from late 80's .The bloke sitting on custom GP lambretta is Dizzy (Paul Hissey ) I believe.A 41 Eagles SC member at the time,and builder of a number of top custom scooters ,and occassional visitor to Boogaloo Soul and Southside Soul Club .

Listening to Joboxers again has got me going on this:It has always reminded me of an old soul song that has the opening lines "so you think you're pretty good on your feet.so meet me down on market street" it is the same tune as Joboxers,and im pretty sure they completely ripped it off.But i cant remember what the song is.

It bugged me for ages and now its bugging me again.

Isn't it "Showdown" - Archie Bell & the Drells

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert