Anyone Know Anything About This Uk Label?

Pete S

• Replies 13
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I've seen the solid centre one before but something in back of mind tellin' me it wasn't UK :thumbsup:

It's definitely UK type vinyl Chalky, you'd know what I mean if you held it, also it has the anti-slip groove things on the edges, I know some Capitol and releated labels had that but I think if you showed it to 100 people, they'd say it was UK. having said that, there's nothing in the run off to indicate where it was manufactured, only the number (scratched in) and a weird sign thats like a letter V tipped to the right on top of a vertical line!

Social source share

I think this has something to do with a licencing deal along with the cream label that issued James Fountain back in the day, there is certainly the label connection via James Fountain, the guy to speak to is Francis Tee from Kiddy as i know he had a few of these, maybe still has.

rob h.

Social source share

Is there any way that you can search the site for posts from a couple of years ago? I threw up a scan of this 45 when we were talking about Peachtree but (embarrasingly) I can't remember where I got mine from. I'm pretty sure it was Dutch or Belgian - do they have anti-slip grips on their 45s?

It was definately sold to me as a European issue and it came from Europe. It has the name "L Voorn" stamped on in ink if that's any help.

Cheers

Godz

Edited by Godzilla
Social source share

There was definately a UK Peachtree label which had at least 1 maybe 2 releases. When the Peachtree label discog & story was printed in 'Shades Of Soul' a few issues ago the UK arm was discussed either in the main article or as additions in the following issue. Wouldn't you love to know the exact true sales figures for UK releases like this? Er I would.

onwards, derek

Social source share

I never knew there was a UK peachtree label...when this from, anyone know? Who distributed the label?

Is there any way that you can search the site for posts from a couple of years ago? I threw up a scan of this 45 when we were talking about Peachtree but (embarrasingly) I can't remember where I got mine from. I'm pretty sure it was Dutch or Belgian - do they have anti-slip grips on their 45s?

It was definately sold to me as a European issue and it came from Europe. It has the name "L Voorn" stamped on in ink if that's any help.

Cheers

Godz

Here's the USA Stock Copy,

for comparison, has address on Label.

Peachtree_P-122a.jpg

Petes UK Copy

I've got to say Pete, I have Never ever seen one before.

Looking at the Solid Centre, it looks similar to a UK Cream Press :sleep3:

Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

If it's a UK copy they used the same release # as the USA one, It was released in 1970 in the USA using the exact label design as the one you've scanned, long before any James Fountain deal on Cream.

You do get USA releases with anti-slip grips especially from the Virginia area. My suspicion is that it's a USA press without the center being removed, but I'll gladly be proved wrong.

Is the flipside "Share What You Got" ?

Social source share

If it's a UK copy they used the same release # as the USA one, It was released in 1970 in the USA using the exact label design as the one you've scanned, long before any James Fountain deal on Cream.

You do get USA releases with anti-slip grips especially from the Virginia area. My suspicion is that it's a USA press without the center being removed, but I'll gladly be proved wrong.

Is the flipside "Share What You Got" ?

Yeah it is John.

Was saying about the anti-slip grips, the only ones I can recall are Capitol and related labels like Crazy Horse and 123.

Social source share

Yeah it is John.

Was saying about the anti-slip grips, the only ones I can recall are Capitol and related labels like Crazy Horse and 123.

Pete, I dont' know if it helps but I've had anti slip on the labels that you mention, plus

Vigor

Spring

&

Glades

As stated in my previous post, my U.S.A. copy has the address on the label.

ATLANTA GEORGIA

Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

I never knew there was a UK peachtree label...when this from, anyone know? Who distributed the label?

Hi Pete,

I'm aware of this and I'm 90% sure there were 2 releases on the label (for the life of me I can't recall the other).

I thought they were done by Global at the same time as the 'Cream' issues (James Fountain / Eddie Carlton ) using the same pressing plant etc.

Remember, they also did two "Swan" lookalike label releases with the Jay Walkers and The Guys From Uncle!

Check the "All Right Of The Manufacturer" detail on the rim. Same text and typography etc. as the Cream and the Swan UK releases.

All the best

Sean

Social source share

Hi Pete,

I'm aware of this and I'm 90% sure there were 2 releases on the label (for the life of me I can't recall the other).

I thought they were done by Global at the same time as the 'Cream' issues (James Fountain / Eddie Carlton ) using the same pressing plant etc.

Remember, they also did two "Swan" lookalike label releases with the Jay Walkers and The Guys From Uncle!

Check the "All Right Of The Manufacturer" detail on the rim. Same text and typography etc. as the Cream and the Swan UK releases.

All the best

Sean

I seem to recall the other might have been Peg Leg Moffatt, but without checking can't be 100% sure.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert