What Do You Think Of This? Soundclip

Derek Pearson

In the mid 90's our merry band of pranksters used to travel down the M1 every month or so to a club called 'Pitches' in Rotheram. The guy that ran Blacknight Records in Sheffield used to always have a rather large sales box sat on a table which I used to plough through constantly. He always had a handful of more "interesting" things tucked away which he'd show to those he knew weren't shy with their money. This record came out of that pile.

To add spice it's not in any of the price guides I've got and I've never heard of either the label or artist before. Surely you're curious now? It's dated 1974 and at 3:30 mins it's half a minute too long. It starts really nicely but has a bit of a wobbly phase 'bout minute and a half in. It's on the right side of good but a long way off from being brilliant. Doubt if you could play it in many clubs, Soul Essence & the Orwell are the only ones that spring to mind.

If you know it don't give the game away just yet.

It's all good fun innit, derek

04_DJ.mp3

Social source share

• Replies 6
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

How come Gary S showed you that box then Derek? :thumbsup::thumbsup:whistling.gif

BH tongue.gif

Cast a line and wait....I knew by writing that line a buddy would be bursting to reply with a quip like yours Blake hehehe. In the mid 90's money was literally falling out of my pockets, I was single had no car and was going to the states record hunting for 3 weeks every year.

So what do you think of the record then Blake?

When I tell you what I paid for this particular record you'll realise I had more money than sense then.....

derek

Social source share

In the mid 90's our merry band of pranksters used to travel down the M1 every month or so to a club called 'Pitches' in Rotheram. The guy that ran Blacknight Records in Sheffield used to always have a rather large sales box sat on a table which I used to plough through constantly. He always had a handful of more "interesting" things tucked away which he'd show to those he knew weren't shy with their money. This record came out of that pile.

04_DJ.mp3

Not bad that Derek... but not the best tune to come out of PITCHES (or out of Gary's goody pile wicked.gif ).

Haven't got a clue mate!

Three questions:-

1. Who is it?

2. How much did you pay for it?

3. Did you have a nice Christmas?

:thumbsup:

Sean

Social source share

I had one of these from Gary Blacknight as well-I remember him bigging this up to me-he probably had a few!! Tell you what though, I can see the yellow label but cant remember who it's by so now it's gonna take me all night trawling the racks trying to find it! Thanks Derek, dont you know I've got better things to do.

Dave Ripolles

Social source share

• 4 weeks later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert